What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R26 Sat :: Sea Eagles 38 Titans 4 @ Brookvale

Round 26 :: Sea Eagles v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

LIVE on FOX Sports 2, 7:30pm

teams-man-main.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Ben Farrar 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Brent Kite 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Chris Bailey 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Heath L’Estrange 15. Adam Cuthbertson 16. George Rose 17. Glenn Hall
Reserves: 18. Vic Mauro 20. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

teams-gco-alt.jpg

1. Preston Campbell 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Sam Tagataese 4. Jordan Atkins 5. David Mead 6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c) 9. Nathan Friend 10. Matthew White 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison
Interchange: 14. Michael Henderson 15. Will Matthews 16. Luke O’Dwyer 17. Josh Graham
Reserves: 19. Selasi Berdie

ref-pink.jpg

Shayne Hayne & Bernard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Grant Atkins & Paul Holland
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 26
Sea Eagles v Titans @ Brookvale, Saturday 5:15pm

QLD Cup Finals Series - Week Two - Grand Final Qualifiers
Souths Logan (CAN) v Sunshine Coast (MAN)
Meakin Park, 3:00pm Saturday

r26-mangco.jpg

Last edited:

eagles4eva

First Grade
If we play like we did against the Sharks, Tits by 14, hopefully Lyon returns and King is ok

Garts

Bench
We need to lift by 100% to be competitive. I will wait to see the team lineup before deciding on who I will pick. Surely Manly can not play that bad 2 weeks in a row.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yesterday showed me that Lyon is far more vital to the Eagles than Snake is (animal overload :crazy:). If he's not back, Titans by plenty.

Rovelli

Bench
The Titans just keep coming to play. Manly hardly looking impressive. Depends on the Titans mindset, they will know by Saturday if they have a shot at getting 2nd of the Dragons. It's been a year of firsts for the Tits, so I won't write them off. If BStewart is better for his run yesterday, I'll go Sea Eagles in a tight one.

Tigers#11

Juniors
Manly will have to bring the heat to win this one, but seeing its at brookvale ill go the home side. Manly by 12-.

cupid

Juniors
I agree with Timmah if Lyon isn't named I don't think we will win this week, also we need to start playing more direct, I have no clue why we didn't try to hit Cronulla up the middle when they were a player down in the forwards, the last time we played more direct against the Roosters we flogged them.

The Dodger

First Grade
titans 13+

played a more deserved oponent last week and came up with the goods.
i don't see how they can lose this one.

ostrich20

Juniors
Head says Titans, Heart says Eagles.

Manly were very lucky to get out of jail against the Sharks to secure the top 8 spot. The boys do have plenty of motivation with a top 4 spot up for grabs, but I think the Titans may just have a bit too much polish.

Garts

Bench
Yesterday showed me that Lyon is far more vital to the Eagles than Snake is (animal overload :crazy:). If he's not back, Titans by plenty.

Tbh whilst Lyon is extremely important to us and might be more important than Snake I would not be baseing it on yesterdays game. It was Snakes first in 3 months and even if Lyon was there he would not have made a huge difference. Unless of course he mangaged to take every forward hitup in place of those imposters calling themselves forwards yesterday (a few excluded) and also run the backline.

Eelectrica

Referee
I think this depends on the outcome of the Parra Dragons match. If Parra wins, then I think the Titans can get the job done and claim 2nd spot.

Dragons win, then I don't see why the the Titans would go all out to win this one. Better off taking Prince and Presto off at half time and experimenting a little. Treat it like a trial game almost. well without the unlimited interchange.

Manly by one.

In the 80th minute Ballin in at dummy half fires the pass back to Orford who slots the winning field goal from 38 metres.....oops I mean 31 metres....oops I mean 25 metr............from 7 metres out, right in front.

Terry-Randal

Juniors
If dragons win then manly cant finish less than 6th. Id rest all our experienced players and not risk any more injuries we already lost lyon king and rodney any more we are f..d. Also prefer to play titans in the sunshine state than the storm in the grave yard.

to_ddeath

Coach
Think the Tits are right in this....should be a close game with both teams having a real crack...

pantherz9103

First Grade
Titans can win this even at Brookie, especially if Manly continue their spasmodic efforts, which include scoring 12 points and then leaking 22 points in the next 12 mins- that was against Souths. I find it baffling how the Titans keep getting overlooked as contenders, considering that they have proven winners in Prince, Campbell and Rogers and have done so well that they are still a chance of a top 2 finish going into the last round. Lack of respect from opposing teams can only help the Titans to fly under the radar and surprise teams in the finals.

to_ddeath

Coach
Exactly. Which is why I think they could get up here, even with the so-called fortress factor...
The Tits might leak a lot of points in defence compared to other top teams, but all you need
to do is score more points , & they have enough attack in them to beat any team
on their day.

Rovelli

Bench
I'm gonna wait until after the Dragons-Parra game on Friday.

Dragons win, Titans can't finish higher than 3rd...so Manly win?

Eels win, Titans can finish 2nd, pressure on Manly...Manly perhaps by 1, to avenge the earlier result?