What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: SF2 Sat :: Broncos 24 Dragons 10 @ Suncorp

Semi Final :: Broncos v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How the f**k are the Dragons "chokers"? Minor premiers in a season few even picked them for top four, let alone top eight.

They're not chokers anymore IMO.

dragondad

First Grade
We surprised everyone by winner the MP.However if we go out in straight sets it will be a massive disappointment since we were one of the 2 best teams all year.

Evenflow

Bench
How the f**k are the Dragons "chokers"? Minor premiers in a season few even picked them for top four, let alone top eight.

They're not chokers anymore IMO.

I don't subscribe to that theory at all whether is be the Dragons or any other team. Who cares where people picked them to finish on the ladder pre-season? Just because the so called "experts" didn't expect them to do as well as they have doesn't for one second mean they weren't good enough to finish where they have.

The fact is that they killed it throughout the regular season and were easily one of the top two teams. They finished with the MP, they proved they're good enough to win the title on that reason alone and if they went out in straight sets it'd be a massive dissappointment for the team and their supporters regardless of where people tipped them to come before a ball was kicked this season.

You reckon if they went out in straight sets after finishing with the MP Bennett and the players are going to be thinking "Well nobody expected us to get this far so it's a massive achievment we did and we're more than happy with that?" Of course not even if they say that publically. It'd be a very bitter pill for them to swallow and they'd know it's a huge opportunity missed.

Timmah

Staff member
Not 100% sure about the Dragons but I know if we did the same there'd still be accolades for turning the club around in the way we have. I think the Dragons deserve the same praise. The Telegraph campaign to derail their season and stir their fans is nothing short of pathetic.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Every piece of history is against us winning this one. Never won a final at the new Suncorp, haven't beaten St George up here in 5 years, minor premiers have never gone out in straight sets, etc. etc. but history is there to be made

Damn straight. Until last weekend, the Broncos had never won at Skilled.

lynx000

Juniors
I don't subscribe to that theory at all whether is be the Dragons or any other team. Who cares where people picked them to finish on the ladder pre-season? Just because the so called "experts" didn't expect them to do as well as they have doesn't for one second mean they weren't good enough to finish where they have.

The fact is that they killed it throughout the regular season and were easily one of the top two teams. They finished with the MP, they proved they're good enough to win the title on that reason alone and if they went out in straight sets it'd be a massive dissappointment for the team and their supporters regardless of where people tipped them to come before a ball was kicked this season.

You reckon if they went out in straight sets after finishing with the MP Bennett and the players are going to be thinking "Well nobody expected us to get this far so it's a massive achievment we did and we're more than happy with that?" Of course not even if they say that publically. It'd be a very bitter pill for them to swallow and they'd know it's a huge opportunity missed.

Quality post, I agree. The unfortunate thing for the Dragons is that they seem to have had a bit of a slump at exactly the wrong time of the season. There is nothing to say that they can't turn it around, but I think we are going to get them this weekend and add to their woes. Even if that does happen the team and Benny deserve a lot of credit for their season.

Shorty

Staff member
I got tickets to this game.....in an away area..LOL is that a mistake for a neutral *cough*?

Should be good regardless!

Big Pete

Referee
You'll love it Shorty, Dragons supporters are absolute champions and really know how to get the most out of their ticket.

Sitting amongst them in the 06 prelim final was one of my better experiences watching the NRL.

Shorty

Staff member
Thanks Pete.
I'm hoping the atmosphere will be awesome cause I'm taking my partner who has only been to the AFL previously.
If this is anything like last years' (which I also went to) I'll be very satisfied!

Soward and Hornby need to be on song, I found them a bit flat last week, on the other hand I thought Fien has really been going great guns for the Dragons.

lynx000

Juniors
Thanks Pete.
I'm hoping the atmosphere will be awesome cause I'm taking my partner who has only been to the AFL previously.
If this is anything like last years' (which I also went to) I'll be very satisfied!

Soward and Hornby need to be on song, I found them a bit flat last week, on the other hand I thought Fien has really been going great guns for the Dragons.

What a great pick up he was mid season. I still cannot understand for the life of me why the Warriors allowed him to go.

dragondad

First Grade
Any word on ticket sales thus far?Really wanted to fly up,but instead Im going to treat myself with a trip to Etihad Week 3 if we win this weekend.

Timmah

Staff member
Gold Alloc. Exhausted

Maroon Single seats only

Blue Single seats only

Blue Unlicensed Single seats only

White Available

White Unlicensed Available

Blue Away Support Available

White Away Support Available

as at 3:30pm today.

user_nat

Coach
Those Blue Away Support are the best of the remaining. I sat on the opposite side to them recently and it was pretty good.

Big Pete

Referee
Earlier this morning it was reported 17K was sold to the members while 8K were sold within the first thirty minutes of availability this morning.

Timmah

Staff member
What a joke. Surely Brisbane can sell this out within 22.8 seconds of ticket release :sarcasm: Watch the fishies swarm...

Big Pete

Referee
Ticket Frenzy For Broncos-Dragons Final
Bronco Media

Tuesday, September 15, 2009
OVER 8000 tickets for Saturday's Broncos-Dragons final have gone in the first 20 minutes of sale to the general public this morning, but there are still over 20,000 seats left.
Patrons are urged to get in fast today to avoid being disappointed after season ticket holders and NRL.com members snatched over 17,000 tickets yesterday and last night.
The best way to purchase tickets is by clicking the ticket button on the Broncos home page, which will take you directly to the Ticketek website where you can purchase NRL finals tickets.

Source: Broncos Website.