What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: SF2 Sat :: Broncos 24 Dragons 10 @ Suncorp

Semi Final :: Broncos v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

miccle

Bench
Well, the big day is here. Wish I could get to Suncorp for it.

Now, I've been going one way and the other all week on my predictions, but game day is when I settle on it. After a big sleep and a big think or two, I'm sorry to say that I think my boys will bow out tonight.

We'll fight f**king hard and the game will be both close and brutal. But the Drags love it up here, and they have a lot to prove. The Broncos have probably overachieved this year, particularly if you look at how the team was travelling eight weeks ago. But the Dragons have underachieved in the last month and they simply will not go out in straight sets.

My second prediction is that it won't matter one iota in any event. Melbourne are clearly the form team of the competition IMO and they will smash whichever side meets them at Etihad next week. Storm v Dogs final coming up...

grandorient

Bench
Are Miccle,

Don't give up so easily. It will be a tough close game tonight and could go either way. Having said that, I tend to agree with you and I think the Dragons will get up in a close one.

Regardless, the winner tonight will beat the Storm and go on to meet Parra in the GF.

GO

miccle

Bench
Are Miccle,

Don't give up so easily. It will be a tough close game tonight and could go either way. Having said that, I tend to agree with you and I think the Dragons will get up in a close one.

GO

Oh I'm not giving up one iota! IMO there will be nothing in it and it will be a sensational match, just have a bad feeling that the Dragons will pip us.

If we do happen to lose, hopefully it's by a very small margin in a cracking game in front of more than 50,000. League will be the winner, yada yada yada.

Good luck Drags fans, but not too much. You've seen too many victories at Suncorp in recent years... let's hope that changes. :D

jpaciocco91

Juniors
We could even consider playing a home game or two a year at Suncorp, considering our brilliant record there and the number of fans the Saints have up in Southern QLD.

In this one, I'll go Dragons by 10. We CANNOT, i repeat, CANNOT choke this time. Imagine the media's response. Rothy will be dancing with delight. Everyone will be doing the OKI/WIN/Loss Chokie. It will be unfair.

I hope Dave Taylor gets smashed.

superdog

Juniors
Is it really that different from the Melbourne V Brisbane game this time last year?
Or even the Bulldogs v Eels game next week.

it's the combination of factors though mate- bennett...against his old side...at his old side's stadium...which will be full...and bennett's team is trying to avoid one of the biggest chokes ever...all the talent on the field, etc. Totally mouthwatering

whistle1

Juniors
I have a feeling the Saints will come out of this game victorious. Doesn't really bother me who wins this one.

dragonfire

Bench
If the other 47k are anything like me, they'll really just appreciate where we've gotten this year from where we were 6 weeks ago. I'm sure there's a lot of them who don't take our finals appearances for granted.

On top of this, there will be a LOT of Dragons support at this game guys, for the uninitiated. They have a huge following up here. I predict something like a 60-40 split between broncos and dragons fans.

and then, there'll be those keen to see us atone for those scars as well. and send wendell, darius and wayne out of town as losers.

Doesnt hurt when our jersey is white, stands out a lot more than the Broncos darker jersey, and that our supporters bay is so loud. Wish i wasnt working as i would have been in the dragons bay quick as a flash, should be an awesome atmosphere tonight for all those going!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Fox must have a mike near Gus

you could hear him yapping about the game in the under 20's coberage

_Johnsy

Referee
Hodges will play, did you see Henjak's smirk when he said he was in doubt. I don't understand the need to try and play mind games one day out from the game. I am sure we'll expect him to play, and he will.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Yeah, but why leave it until an hour before kickoff.. they would have known this morning if he was right to go.

They didn't. The decision to play Hodges had to have been made earlier to allow McGuire to play in the U20's game.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I love for Saints to win as i've always admired them, but at the same time Gaba would STFU for a while which would be good :)

Eelectrica

Referee
Come on Dragons. Always had a soft spot for them. Probably from the early 90's when they played the Drongoes.

Time to shed the Choker tag. For a while at least ;-)

Latest posts