What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1, 2, 3

I coach an under 8’s side.

Every session I ask “can everyone count to three”?

They all return with a “yes!!!”

What I’m getting at is.... can Nightingale and McDonald?

I love the blokes (after all they’re dragons) and they’ve generally been great ... but I cannot fathom how easily they get sucked in, and leave their opposing player unopposed.

How does this happen to seasoned NRL players???

I mentor the outside players and mention that if a try is scored out wide “who will everyone look at?” “Its always the winger”.

I then respond with “If you TALK to your inside players and call them out and STAY ON YOUR OPPOSING PLAYER, you’ve done your job. Simple.

What’s happening with the Dragons?

Am I missing something? I mean, the under 8’s and NRL can’t be that different can they???........ has anyone on this forum ever tried to herd cats on a windy day??????

GO THE DRAGONS!!!

denis preston

First Grade
Yes , agree. We are going great and i am very happy BUT the coaches ( Young ? ) have got to get all over this and install communication and trust with the outside backs in defense.

It is clearly our Achilles heel at present in defense.