What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$1.2 million required to build our roster

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Greg Bird off contract
Willie mason off contract
petero civo off contract

We desperately need a fist class front rower who can offload & get to kicks. petero is that man
Willie is getting better & better & is a weapon when he is on. 2 good years in him yet.
Greg Bird is authoritive & intimidating.
Only 1 big problem. We dont have the money for just one of them even though we have the cap space for all of them.

Squae

Juniors
I would rather spend $275,000 (or watever it would cost)

To bring in Stephen Kearney, for mine he would have far more influence on the team than what 1 new player would

Frenzy.

Immortal
I am praying that a die hard sharks fan wins about $60 million on a lottery or something!!

After 43 years of this sh*t I can tell you now I could win $100m in a lottery and wouldn't give them one red cent.

I might buy them though.

I would rather spend $275,000 (or watever it would cost)

To bring in Stephen Kearney, for mine he would have far more influence on the team than what 1 new player would

Totally agree.

Ricky would be on more dollars than that.

The Club would be saving money and getting much better results than currently where the game is over after 20 minutes.

Ricky has to walk because we can't afford a payout.

Problem is his ego.

He knows he is finished in coaching after this gig.

He's hanging onto a coaching career by a finger nail.

mortz

my faith in ricky is slowly fading....
in saying that in our financial situation im willing to see his contract out
we havent won in 43 years so another couple wont f**king hurt

roboshark

Coach

Oh but it does hurt mortz.. A lot

That's whats wrong with this f**king Club.

A defeatist attitude.

And attitude of oh well.

We won't be around in two years if his ass isn't out of town ASAP!!

Frenzy.

Immortal

A defeatist attitude.

And attitude of oh well.

Oh yes. The acceptance of mediocrity has been this club's enemy since they thought they could get by without T Bishop.

I won't accept mediocrity, haven't been prepared to for years and damn well won't be rewarding it.

I have harped on about this mediocrity and soft culture here for years people like mortz and other fluffbags still keep coming out of the woodwork.

Not to worry I suppose, I'm sure the masons are all up in Queensland tonight feeding false positives and validating inadequacies to their icons. That'll make them all feel better.

roboshark

Coach
Oh yes. The acceptance of mediocrity has been this club's enemy since they thought they could get by without T Bishop.

I won't accept mediocrity, haven't been prepared to for years and damn well won't be rewarding it.

I have harped on about this mediocrity and soft culture here for years people like mortz and other fluffbags still keep coming out of the woodwork.

Not to worry I suppose, I'm sure the masons are all up in Queensland tonight feeding false positives and validating inadequacies to their icons. That'll make them all feel better.

Funny you should say that..........

Frailty

First Grade
Blacktip Reefy said:
No we won't. Snowden will prob leave. If we follow melbournes method, Front rowers dont get paid big money. You have a front row factory of interchangeable cheapies. Weh ntheir stocks go up, you trade them

Yet you want to spend big money on Petero.

Willie would be a waste. Only has impact of the bench - struggles to make starting side at Cowboys.

Bird.... I don't want that liar back at the club.

Windy70

Juniors
I'd Welcome Bird back with open arms. I don't care if we sign every asshole in the nrl. I want to see us winning games. Don't care how anymore.

Squae

Juniors

A defeatist attitude.

And attitude of oh well.

Yep, totally agree, the players dont seem to be turning up.

Its only a matter of a couple more losses and the decent attendances are going to be gone.

When you think the difference between a winning team attendances and a losing team attendance would be like 2000 people per match and consider that we have approx 13 home matches a year.

Thats 2000 x $25 (average entry price including some seated) x 13. Thats $650,000 a year, its worth paying out Ricky if we can pick up a coach WHO CAN, turn this around.

Yep, totally agree, the players dont seem to be turning up.

Its only a matter of a couple more losses and the decent attendances are going to be gone.

When you think the difference between a winning team attendances and a losing team attendance would be like 2000 people per match and consider that we have approx 13 home matches a year.

Thats 2000 x $25 (average entry price including some seated) x 13. Thats $650,000 a year, its worth paying out Ricky if we can pick up a coach WHO CAN, turn this around.

We just can't afford to sack him.

And he knows that.

Any Club with money other than us would've had him out on his ear ages ago.

But he should be ashamed to be still coach of our Club.

He is a selfish coward.

He's trying to hang on to his coaching career.

We have now lost 15 of our past 16 games.

Including 4 abysmal floggings at the start of this year.

We don't have a Premiership winning squad but we also don't have a squad that suggests we should be getting flogged mercilessly.

Before yesterday Brisbane's biggest win this season was by 6points.

Their only win of the season!!

Weaponhead

Coach
It is clear we are not spending the cap. This question needs to be addressed at the upcoming forum.

Will we be in a position to spend the cap next year to attract talent?
If not when will we be able to?

The club desperately needs a good signing to get some positive news going. Balancing financial responsibility and being competitive on the field will require some tough decisions.

millersnose

Post Whore
with due respect to reefy there is no evidence the club is 1.2 million short of its cap

from what i understand its about 90k but this figure was an educated guess

Squae

Juniors
In reality I dont think we can afford NOT TO sack him.

how much would Kearney cost to get in as a coach (I took a pot shot of $275 before )

Hence $650 - 275 , means a profit of $375000 a year. Of course this is very subjective, but just the way I see it.

It is clear we are not spending the cap. This question needs to be addressed at the upcoming forum.

Will we be in a position to spend the cap next year to attract talent?
If not when will we be able to?

The club desperately needs a good signing to get some positive news going. Balancing financial responsibility and being competitive on the field will require some tough decisions.

Attracting Classy talented players to the Club via money is only half the story.

Players want the confidence that their footy career will be enhanced and not be sunk in sewerage.

Are players outside our Club excited about our playing style?

Do they have faith in Ricky Stuart?

Do they look at Anthony Tupou and think he was a gun player before he signed with the Sharks.

What happened?????

Weaponhead

Coach
DS - they are all relevant questions. Hence the urgency to get something positive happening on the field. With the talk now about not spending the cap we need to show that we are not a basket case to get some decent players to take a chance.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
with due respect to reefy there is no evidence the club is 1.2 million short of its cap

from what i understand its about 90k but this figure was an educated guess
As i keep saying, we "spend" our full cap, "on the books". What we have to hope for is that in the next few years , we can actually "spend" our cap in real dollars as we would have created considerable space.
There is a big difference between cap & football operations expenditure.
Right now we need to spend at least $1.2 million dollars on our roster for next year if we are to simply treat water. We need to spend more than that if we wish to improve our roster.

Latest posts