What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Close the Gap R24 | Fri | Knights 44-18 Broncos | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Frank_Grimes said:
Anyway, well done Knights. Broncos still a chance to keep their finals record intact.

boxhead said:
I'm watching the game right now, and few of those decisions are 'clear-cut'. Brisbane played no where near the class of the Knights. Get over it. If Rabbits fans can accept their hiding at the hands of the Panthers, Broncos fans should be able to as well.

Timmah said:
:lol: @ Frank Grimes' inescapable bias.

I can tell I'm dealing with two intellectual heavyweights here.

Big Pete

Referee
Some of the decisions were terrible, don't know if I agree with all of them Franky but yeah pretty average efforts from the ref.

Good work Newcastle though, fans should enjoy that one...

Apey

Staff member
Vuna's last try was an obvious try, I can't believe they had to look at it so many times; probably due to the poor camera angles. Everyone sitting in the Eastern Grandstand could see he put the ball down. Unfortunately, they didn't have one single replay from that side of the ground for those watching at home. It makes you wonder what the point of having touchies is.

Anyway, fantastic win. The better team on the night by far. We won't make the finals but it's great to finish strongly at home for the season.

p.s Lol@ the first page of this thread. :lol:

macavity

Referee
Nothing better than beating the broncomerkins.

.... except their merkin fans bitching and whinging about it :cool:

macavity

Referee
What a shame Vuna is going to Union. Such a talent, is he a Kiwi?

we are shattered.

he is a kiwi by birth, but has declared himself eligible for the wallabies. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at outside centre for them in the WC - he is better than any of their outside backs.

RHCP

Bench
He's still relatively young, hopefully he returns to the Knights down the track.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Penalty try not awarded, Gidley not sent off, all penalties and possession going the Knights way... :lol:

This is a gee up :lol:

We've gone to the Manly/Dezzy school of having a big rage at the ref after a game, which is especially worth it when you get the same ref the next week :p

Jason Maher

Immortal
I've never yet seen a Broncos fan (whether in their normal guise or in Origin mode) accept defeat. There is always some excuse - usually involving (but not necessarly limited to) the blaming of refs. Grimes is one of the worst - skeepe in a maroon and gold jacket.

shane1970

Juniors
Wow. What a game. The Knights benefit from one of the biggest leg-ups I've ever seen.

* Should have been a penalty try to start the game. At very worst Gidley should have been binned, instead he scores and converts the first try.

* Knights drop the ball on their 20 and it's called six again - Try.

* MacDougall passes off the ground - Try.

* Knights kick out on the full - scrum called deep within Broncos territory and not on halfway as it should have been.

* Folau has the ball knocked about 10m backwards out of his grasp - play on called.

* Vuna never grounds the ball - Try given. FFS Cummins never even wanted to go upstairs and was ready to give despite seeing nothing.

The Knights played well, and were in top form, but it's very easy to be the dominant side when you have the f**king refs in your pocket. Brisbane clearly displayed they were capable of winning that match. Problem is they were denied a fair shot at competing.

There's iffy decisions, then there's the weight of what is demonstrated above, on the back of a 7-3 penalty count.

One could argue that you can't complain about ref decisions when you drop that much ball. But there was much more than some "iffy" decisions tonight. It was downright incompetance.
This jerk is worse than Skeepe and Gaba put together

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: @ any Dragons fan saying the Broncos (or Queensland fan) can't accept responsibility for a loss. Pot kettle black much?

First page was warranted, some really baffling calls that all went the Knights way. But really, all Broncos fans are more pissed off at their own team than the refs themselves.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
That's after the first half.

Would much rather read the Broncos forum where everyone is carrying on a treat.

Noname36

First Grade
Have a cry Brisbane fans. Newcastle did get some favorable calls (although at the game it was amazing to see how offside the broncs were standing all game), however when you get thumped by that much you should be looking at your own team's performance. Just man up and cop it on the chin, you got beaten by a much better team on the night.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I've never yet seen a Broncos fan (whether in their normal guise or in Origin mode) accept defeat. There is always some excuse - usually involving (but not necessarly limited to) the blaming of refs. Grimes is one of the worst - skeepe in a maroon and gold jacket.

shane1970 said:
This jerk is worse than skeepe Gaba put together

Lol. More intellectual heavyweights I see.

You two must have missed my comments in relation to the Knights being in top form, or the Broncos dropping so much ball. Don't let that get in the way of your stupidity though. Remind me though, when was the last time a Broncos fan started a whole thread about rough decisions?

Idiots.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are you serious? You don't have to be a thread starter to whinge about supposed rough decisions.

Your list a page or so back was absolutely embarrassing, if you honestly think that many things literally went against you unfairly you need help, urgently.