What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | CvC | Fri 7 May | Country 36-18 City | Port Macquarie

Result: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Jarryd Hayne's been completely dominated in plenty of matches in the past - does that make him rubbish?

Jamal wouldn't have been picked for a rep side if they didn't see the skill and potential.

Bumble

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne's been completely dominated in plenty of matches in the past - does that make him rubbish?

Jamal wouldn't have been picked for a rep side if they didn't see the skill and potential.

Completely agree - but having skill and potential are vastly different from him being the form centre.

No bias, Champion has been better than him. So has Cooper, Lyon, Tomane, Tonga and of course Inglis. There's probably more.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal

If Jamal Idris was a white centre with normal hair, he wouldn't have won rookie of the year, he wouldn't be in the Country team, and nobody would be mentioning him for Origin.

FACT.

Doga

Juniors
:lol::lol:

F**k off. Nobody who gets owned for 80 minutes by Colin f**king Best is the form anything.

Colin Best doesn't have Warburton playing inside him and a flat attack. Even Josh Morris has struggled.

Why? Because he had one good game vs the Eels (even though his team got smashed) Check the rest of his season and he has been way below average.
But then this is coming from the clown who was said 3 yrs ago that Willie Mason was on the top props when he had only played 3-4 games there.

You are a fraud Timmah

You obviously haven't watched much footy n the past few weeks.

Week before the Eels hame Jamal got MOTM and was best centre on field against the Tigers the week before that.

Garts

Bench
Idris is a beast in attack. His defence can be a little suss at times but that will improve with experience. I dont think he is ready for Origin just yet but I would not be upset if he got a run, would be interesting. Also saw a photo in the tele today of him and Tahu, seems like he is still carrying around his spare tyre. You would think being a NRL centre that would have gone by now but I guess who cares as long as he plays well. Look at Georgie Rose!!!!

Big Pete

Referee
But he's always done very well for NSW at 5/8th.

No he hasn't.

He had one great game in 2007 against a decimated Queensland side that lost 4 players, two of them strike players, two of them grunt.

His second man of the match award was a bit of a farce. It should've gone to either Wallace or Stewart. Instead, Bird took all the credit for most of the forward's work around the ruck.

In his last game for the Blues (he played 4 in total, but his debut isn't worth talking about) he took the brunt of the blame after he offered Wallace little support when Peter was playing on one nut. He was shown up big time in a game where Queensland scored one of it's biggest wins, 30-0.

He's the 5/8 for the team coming 2nd on the ladder who has been missing their halfback and best player for over half the season.

His team maybe coming second, but he doesn't deserve much credit for it. It's mostly been through the work of Friend and his backrow that the Titans have been able to jag their victories. Bird has only been a presence in d as far as I can see.

I understand and agree Cooper should be there but bagging Idris is laughable. Along with Cooper he's the form centre of the competition.

I'd say Lyon is easily the form centre of the competition.

I'd have Tonga before Idris too.

Idris really has only put in two good performances. One came against a second rower in Ben Te'o and the other came up against an inconsistent Union convert.

That's not to say I don't rate him. The dude is still fairly young and has so much room to improve and has shown such signs. People are really critical of him and I find it fairly sad to be critical of somebody with so much talent.

If Jamal Idris was a white centre with normal hair, he wouldn't have won rookie of the year, he wouldn't be in the Country team, and nobody would be mentioning him for Origin.

FACT.

How is that a fact? Do you have access to such a universe where all this is true?

Seriously, who cares if Dugan didn't win rookie of the year. Inglis didn't win it in 2005 and he went onto become one of the best players in the game. Personally, I wouldn't of given him rookie of the year BUT who would you have in the right centre position ahead of him for Country?

skeepe

Immortal
who would you have in the right centre position ahead of him for Country?

Joel Thompson. I would have said Jarrod Croker, who is far better in defence, attack, positioning, hell everything there is than Idris, but he's a left centre.

skeepe

Immortal
He's an accomplished centre and has been miles better than Idris. Sure he hasn't dropped the ball over the goal line, or been woefully stood up in defence every single game, Idris has definitely been better there.

But I'm not seriously pushing for Thompson there, just making the point that there have been plenty of better players. All bias aside, I still think Jarrod Croker should be playing centre for Country, regardless of which side he plays club football.

Big Pete

Referee
He's an accomplished centre

I suppose by your definition that would make Tonie Carroll a legendary centre. Geez louise Thompson has played what? 10 games there? He's done a job out there but he isn't exactly an accomplished centre just yet.

and has been miles better than Idris.

And no he hasn't. More consistent, maybe. But Idris has put forward better performances this season and overall has achieved more in the centres than Thompson.

But I'm not seriously pushing for Thompson there, just making the point that there have been plenty of better players.

Last time I checked, you've put forward two, and two isn't plenty.

All bias aside, I still think Jarrod Croker should be playing centre for Country, regardless of which side he plays club football.

I don't. Idris' form leading into the game has been superior and he's a far brighter prospect.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i would have started farah at 7 and maybe put keating to hooker or try soembody else and put keating on the bench, and soward at country 6 instead of ((shudders)) bird

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, lets solve our halfback problems for NSW by using a selection trial to place a hooker in the number 7.

Idiot.

cupid

Juniors
Farah at 7? he has never played well, there whilst Trent Hodkinson is a good up and comer halfback who has the potential to play for NSW in the future.

skeepe

Immortal
I suppose by your definition that would make Tonie Carroll a legendary centre. Geez louise Thompson has played what? 10 games there? He's done a job out there but he isn't exactly an accomplished centre just yet.

He does everything required of a centre, and done it better than Idris has.

And no he hasn't. More consistent, maybe. But Idris has put forward better performances this season and overall has achieved more in the centres than Thompson.

Idris has had one solitary good game this year. All of Thompson's games have been good.

Last time I checked, you've put forward two, and two isn't plenty.

Fine. Phil Graham is another. To be fair, I suppose most of the others are either injured, pretending to be injured (Matt Cooper), or picked for Australia. But out of those still available, I would have chosen Graham or Croker 1,000 times before I even thought of Idris.

I don't. Idris' form leading into the game has been superior and he's a far brighter prospect.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Totally and utterly brimming with wrong-ability.

I know talent when I see it, and I personally guarantee you Jarrod Croker will have a far more illustrious representative career than Jamal Idris.

Garts

Bench
Yeah, lets solve our halfback problems for NSW by using a selection trial to place a hooker in the number 7.

Idiot.

I assume he is a Qlder, so that last comment does need to be said, we all know that is the case.

aussies1st

Staff member
Awesome start by Dugan, 3 tough takes and hes taken all of them with ease. City has been on attack most of the game but haven't cracked the Country line.