What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | CvC | Fri 7 May | Country 36-18 City | Port Macquarie

Result: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattyg

Bench
lol farah fails again in a pressure game...more than enough reason to pick ennis now. TBH my personal opinion is they both should play with farah coming off the bench but tigers fans come across as a bit arrogant here (well some of them do anyway)...if farah plays sh*t then ennis wasn't much better but if farah has a decent game he was head and shoulders above ennis. farah has been a great player for years now and he is one of my favourite players in the game, but you have to give ennis first go now considering he dominated tonight and is the incumbent who was hooker of the winning game 3 side. In saying that, i'd love to see farah coming off the bench for some impact...couldnt be any worse than gidley who has had more than enough chances to prove himself and has never really stood out...my 2 cents really.

mongoose

Coach
Is it just me or does Brad Fittler sound like he's drunk all the time? How bad does he slur his words.

Noa

First Grade
Sympathies to those who had to listen to Taylor and Fittler last night.

God-King Dean

Immortal
And who knows,one wouldn't be far off the mark in thinking that his old man thinks he is getting a raw deal from Bennett for putting him on the bench for most of this season.

:?

In Bennett's season & a half at Dragons, Young hasn't once been on the bench.

TiggaPlease

You are wrong. Farah was pretty sh*t and Ennis was quite good. Not surprising coming from a Tigers fan though.

Whatever mate, I was saying neither were that great, and If you couldn't see that then you must be watching a completely different sport to me.

I think that Ennis should definitely be starting Blues hooker but I think we're in trouble either way, neither will be able to take an origin game by the balls and control it.

But think what you want, this is coming from a Tigers fan afterall.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was special squad. Almost like Ikin & Geyer but those two were funny.

Taylor & Fittler are just two bitter old drunks

The Gambler

Juniors
Lawrence was far too strong in defence for Idris to impress. Managed to get around him a couple of times with the ball too.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Ennis is a clear favourite after that game. Also Burt will never get picked, but geez that was yet another decent effort.

Tweek

Juniors
And who knows,one wouldn't be far off the mark in thinking that his old man thinks he is getting a raw deal from Bennett for putting him on the bench for most of this season.

have you watched a dragons game?
young plays the full 80...

Jason Maher

Immortal
My main three thoughts out of that game:

- Ennis >>> Farah
- Dugan should be NSW fullback, but he won't be as they will pick either Hayne or Gidley
- NSW have no decent halves

andrew057

First Grade
I thought Jason Taylor was quite good in commentary. A LOT better tahn Freddy thats for sure.

One of Taylor or Fittler is an absolute moron, rambled on about the most pointless things, wasn't sure who though since I was half asleep.

Still fail to see how Ennis is ahead of Farah bar the media's constant talking up of him. Ah well, we're doomed to 5 in a row regardless who we pick, it's just it'll happen faster and at least we'll have Farah available for the Tigers.

skeepe

Immortal
Robbie Farah has done some good things this year, but he's failed to back it up week in week out and has never dominated a representative match. In some ways he's still dining out on his 2005 form.

The biggest mistake the selectors have made in regards to Farah is not picking him ahead of Buderus despite the fact it was clear to all but the most biased Knights fans that he had far surpassed him as a player.

Ennis has shown that he has a big game mentality time and again, Farah unfortunately tends to shrink in that environment, and that's a shame because I really like him as a player.

Robbie Farah has done some good things this year, but he's failed to back it up week in week out and has never dominated a representative match. In some ways he's still dining out on his 2005 form.

The biggest mistake the selectors have made in regards to Farah is not picking him ahead of Buderus despite the fact it was clear to all but the most biased Knights fans that he had far surpassed him as a player.

Ennis has shown that he has a big game mentality time and again, Farah unfortunately tends to shrink in that environment, and that's a shame because I really like him as a player.

I agree with a fair bit of this.

A bit harsh on saying Farah's living on 05, he had an excellent season in 07 or 08 where he came 2nd in the Dally M and almost won if not for an awesome season from Thurston.

I also agree Farah should've been bloded either at the end of 07 and definitely at the start of 08, when he was close to the form hooker of the comp.

And I agree that Farah does go missing at times in the big game, but I think the same can be said about Ennis. He went missing for the most part just the same last night, but managed to capitalism on the go forward right at the end of the match when city where spent through interchanges + injury.

Anyway, I was pleased with the performances of my Tigers last night, Lawrence did a good job on Idris and did his best despite receiving little ball. Gibbs and Galloway didn't spend enough time on the field, too much of their time was eaten into by for the most part an ineffective Grant.

Tigers aside, my gatherings from the match:

Bird is rubbish in the halves
Dugan, as I've been saying all along, should be the NSW fullback
Carney, assuming Soward for some reason is still in contention (despite being snubbed for CvC) should be the 5/8th alongside Kimmorley
Mason should be on the bench come origin
TLL or Galloway should occupy another spot on the bench
Perry should not be picked, Snowden + Mannah + Gibbs + White + TLL + Mason + Galloway + just about any other prop are in front of him in my view
The backrow should already be decided
Anthony Minichiello shouldn't be anywhere near a blues jersey

Latest posts