What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin I | Wed 26 May | NSW 24-28 QLD | ANZ

Origin I - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19281

Queensland team named

The Queensland Rugby League has named a 17-man squad to take on the New South Wales Blues in Game I of the 30th annual State of Origin series, taking place at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday 26 May 2010.

The team is as follows:

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero Civoniceva (Penrith Panthers)
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

Interchange:
14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
15. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
17. David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

renouf

Juniors
NSW are going to be embarrassed, some terrible selections there. What exactly has Trent Waterhouse done to get picked?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He turned in a pretty good performance in Game 3 last year, and his form in a good Penrith team this year has been solid.

Rovelli

Bench
NSW, despite losing the past four, have generally started out well in Game 1. It's when the series moves up to Queensland that they seem to fall away (only being able to win the dead-rubbers), and they don't have the mental edge to win Game 3.

But, in the interests of this series, I would love to see the Blues win Game 1.

Sleep

Juniors
I see it being close early on with a good battle in the forwards, but towards the back end of the game class and experience will see Queensland win by about twelve.

Mr Saab

Referee
QLD and NSW have altenated wins in game one for the past 4 years. NSW are due to win based on the "pattern".
f**k the pattern...QLD by 10

mattyVOK

Bench
I never pick Queensland... until now... what a crap NSW team.

Want to know what the scary thing is, Tahu might be injured (a good thing). The selectors back up plan - Lyon to centre (a great thing), Barrett to 5/8 (a horrendous thing).

the selectors justify some of their selections by siting the win in game 3 last year, i just dont think QLD were to interested in that game tbh.

Whoosh

Juniors
Blues to win by 4.

I'm glad the game's not being played on paper. If so, the filthy Maroons would sneak home by 20 plus points I'd reckon.

Someone

Bench
Question: Anyone know if next week 'the pacific' will take a weeks break? if not, i have a tough decision to make....

I think QLD will destroy NSW by a recording breaking win.

MSIH

Bench
Weeks break for the Pacific I'm pretty sure. They've got the final Lost on. Can't believe that sh*ts finally going to end.

QLD by 8.

Charlie124

First Grade
QLD by 10.

I would have prefered to have seen us select Bolton over Costigan and maybe Tuqiri over Boyd but im still very happy with the team. But then when i have a look over the NSW team and see the likes of Gidley, Lyon (5/8), White, Idris, Perry and Creagh i feel a whole lot better about our lineup.

Charlie124

First Grade
Would have been happy enough with Stagg too. To me, Costigan was only ever picked to cover injury. He did his job so i guess its right that we show some loyalty to him, just thought we could have a stronger team with a few small changes.