What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-fw3stgwst.jpg

2010teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Meriin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett 19. Kyle Stanley 20. Jon Green 21. Luke Priddis

2010teams-wst-main.jpg

1. Mitch Brown 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Ben Murdoch-Masila 15. Daniel Fitzhenry 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Bryce Gibbs
Reserves: 18. Mark Flanagan 19. Andrew Fifita

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: David Abood and Russell Turner
Video Referee: Steve Clark
Stand by Referee: Matt Cecchin
Stand by Sideline Official: Steve Chiddy

Toyota Cup Preliminary Final 2
Rabbitohs (W1) v Raiders (WSF1) @ ANZ, Sat 5:15pm

NSW Cup Preliminary Finals
Shellharbour (STG) did not qualify for the NSW Cup Finals
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Windsor (PEN) @ Leichhardt, Sun 1:00pm
Canterbury-Bankstown (CBY) v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Leichhardt, Sun 3:00pm

nrl2010-fw3stgwst-1.jpg

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Tough, tough ask. The Dragons are a highly professional outfit who have slowly been developing extra strings to their bow this year. If the Tigers are to win it will be in and around the rucks.

LatK7

First Grade
I think Saints will win if the Tigers don't fix up their defence. It was very weak in parts last night. Anyone's game though...

Deacon

First Grade
Whoever jumps out quick and leads after 20 mins will win, both teams like to score first to the quarter should be fast and hard

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We will need to improve, especially our goalline defence.

I'm confident we will turn up to play, but to win this one we really need to step up to another level again.

One thing is for sure and that is this team has bucketloads of perseverance and determination. The way we bounced back after last week was exceptional.

TheFrog

Coach
I just don't see the Tiges getting away to any big leads early on against this opposition. Dragons too good.

The Gambler

Juniors
I hope the boys take confidence from the round 16 encounter. We were in the game up until the last 5 minutes when the Dragons scored two quick tries after the Tigers switched off.

We had no Robert Lui and Sheens was experimenting with various half combinations which was not doing our attacking flow any favours.

What the Tigers didn't manage to do that game was get on top early with some quick points. I believe that quick points against the Dragons is absolutely essential if we are to win. If 20 minutes have passed and its 0-0 I would be calling a Dragons win.

Dragons will be deserved favourites, and will be tough to beat. The Tigers are close to full strength at present, and they have a full seven days to recover from any niggles. I expect nothing less than a cracking match. Really looking forward to it.

Eddie.

Bench
All things being equal the Dragons should win this game. However the burden of history and the burden of expectation, will it still weigh heavily? You can bet your life the Tigers will go out and play their usual high octane brand of football. Just like they will have defensive lapses. In some respects we know what to expect from the Tigers.

Will the Dragons be be crushed by the weight of expectation like in 2005? Honestly their execution in that 2005 preliminary final was disgraceful? Will they panic and start playing catch up footy if the Tigers can ambush them early?

The Dragons have been a much better footy side this year and if they are in the right frame of mind will probably win the game. However Tigers are a very very dangerous team for them to face and could cut the likes of Cooper and Gasnier up if they make bad decisions on the fringes in defence.

Its going to be another belter of a build up. Saints under Wayne Bennett, I feel they are ready this time. I hope im wrong, but gee the pressure really is on them. They will be absoloutely smashed in the media if they go down here, rightly or wrongly.

j0nesy

Bench
This is a tough game. I'm not sure which way it will go, hoping th Dragons of course.

The Tigers have been involved is some tough footy over the past few weeks. Whereas the Dragons have had a couple of easy games, and a rest over the last few weeks. I can see the Tigers leading at half time by a small margin and the Dragons coming home.

_Johnsy

Referee
I hope the boys take confidence from the round 16 encounter. We were in the game up until the last 5 minutes when the Dragons scored two quick tries after the Tigers switched off.

We had no Robert Lui and Sheens was experimenting with various half combinations which was not doing our attacking flow any favours.

I had to laugh at the bolded comment. You were in the game with 5 min left, but switched off. :lol::lol:

One of your best, sounds like all you are doing is trying to convince yourself.

This Year?

Immortal
Lui will have a long night in defence.

Gasnier will get a hat trick.

Dragons by 20.

Just kidding LOL.

Deacon

First Grade
Quite ironic the same day a few hours earlier the AFL grand final takes place between the Magpies and the Saints too, hoping for a saints double :p

Latest posts