What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Johnsy

Referee
Saints under Wayne Bennett, but gee the pressure really is on them.

Not any more, Beau has looked after that already.

Beau bombshell: we'll flog Dragons

Josh Rakic

September 19, 2010
WESTS TIGERS funnyman Beau Ryan has saved his most provocative jibe for finals opponents St George Illawarra, declaring: ''I can't wait to get out there and towel them up.''
In what is shaping as one of the most anticipated sporting showdowns in years, the Tigers will take on the Dragons at ANZ Stadium on Saturday after surviving a thriller against Canberra.
The clash - a rematch of their 2005 preliminary final won by the Tigers - was already shaping as a barnburner, but Ryan's salacious comments are likely to generate even more interest. And Dragons fire.
''I've got a lot of good mates at the Dragons and I can't wait to get out there and towel them up,'' Ryan told The Sun-Herald yesterday.
''I've heard from a couple of them, but to be honest Matty Cooper has been sending little throw-offs. But, mate, we'll be ready.
''I'm confident that we can put a big score against them and make them work. [Tigers teammate] Gareth Ellis said during the week we'd rather have played this weekend and been in the trenches and [then] play again.
''The Dragons have had the week off and there is going to be a lot of pressure on them. I think we're going to come out and put our best foot forward and hopefully give it to them. We've got the best team in the comp this week as far as form is concerned and all the boys used all the prayers last night for Jarrod Croker to miss that goal.
''I think God will be on our side again this week.''
The Dragons will already have plenty of motivation going into Saturday night's match. The joint-venture club won the minor premiership last season only to go out in the finals in straight sets. The players know they will be lumped with the ''chokers'' tag if they again fail to turn a minor premiership into a major one.
If they want any further motivation, they need only read on. ''Mate, I just want to say, the side we've got now is a side that can go all the way,'' Ryan said. ''That loss against the Roosters last [weekend] is only going to make us stronger.
''And it's all started with the CEO Steve Humphreys, [strength and conditioning coach] Steve Folkes, Peter Gentle our defensive coach, and [assistant coach] Royce Simmons, [who] has been fantastic, although he's leaving us. And we've got the best coach in the comp, Tim Sheens.
''We're one game away from a grand final, the best day of our lives, so hopefully we can put in a good performance against the Dragons, and the media and our fans can look after us too and get 70,000 at ANZ Stadium.
''We are ready to roll, it's the year of the Tigers, brother.''

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons kept sheens away from the sideline last game and confident they can do it again , The dragons defence should be able to contain marshall and win the game.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The game of the year coming up. The tigers will go at the dragons at a thousand miles an hour early and if the dragons can hold up they will win it. If I was a dragon fan I'd be a little worried about their lack of tough games coming into the finals, if I was a tigers fan I'd be very worried about Beau Ryan - I can see a lot of highballs and traffic coming his way.

thommo4pm

Coach
The game of the year coming up. The tigers will go at the dragons at a thousand miles an hour early and if the dragons can hold up they will win it. If I was a dragon fan I'd be a little worried about their lack of tough games coming into the finals, if I was a tigers fan I'd be very worried about Beau Ryan - I can see a lot of highballs and traffic coming his way.

Disagree with that about our lack of tough games.
Just about every match we've played in the last 6 weeks, the teams were all playing for their seasons.
Our boys are ready and waiting for this.....and I love the fact we've basically heard nothing about Saints all week.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Disagree with that about our lack of tough games.
Just about every match we've played in the last 6 weeks, the teams were all playing for their seasons.
Our boys are ready and waiting for this.....and I love the fact we've basically heard nothing about Saints all week.
Fair enough, just wondering what effect having the week off will have especially after you rested a few players against souths in the last round. A few of your guys will have only played 1 game in the last month(?) coming in. Can't pick it yet, hope for my old man's sake the Saints go marching in.

thommo4pm

Coach
Fair enough, just wondering what effect having the week off will have especially after you rested a few players against souths in the last round. A few of your guys will have only played 1 game in the last month(?) coming in. Can't pick it yet, hope for my old man's sake the Saints go marching in.

Agree with you here mate, that has me a little concerned also.

bileduct

Coach
Stains will lose this one due to a combined effect of the seasonal choke and the fact they've haven't played any quality opposition for weeks.

I'd prefer to see a Tigers vs. Roosters/Titans grand final anyway. The Stains are the most boring football team to watch on earth, unless they play the Raiders where they're just f**kin' hilarious. I'd rather watch a Super 14 final than an NRL final with the Stains, and I hate yawnion.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Johnsy I'm going to have to report you for spamming.

You've posted that same article 3 times now, I wouldn't be surprised if I see it elsewhere as well.

It almost appears panicky on your part.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found a fourth.

lol Johnsy in panick mode.

You may as well post it in every other forum.

hahahaha

Jason Maher

Immortal
Stains will lose this one due to a combined effect of the seasonal choke and the fact they've haven't played any quality opposition for weeks.

I'd prefer to see a Tigers vs. Roosters/Titans grand final anyway. The Stains are the most boring football team to watch on earth, unless they play the Raiders where they're just f**kin' hilarious. I'd rather watch a Super 14 final than an NRL final with the Stains, and I hate yawnion.

Quality post from a quality poster.

bileduct

Coach
Who are the Raiders playing this weekend?
I wrote the Raiders off in round 20, dickhead.

Then they exceeded my expectations, well beyond what I was willing to give them credit for, so you won't find me upset about narrowly losing in week 2 of the finals to a great team like the Tigers.

Our season ended with Campese's injury. We would have gifted the Dragons a spot in the GF had we beaten the Tigers, so things worked themselves out in the end, and you're still a f**kwit.

_Johnsy

Referee

Roosters 19-12
Manly 32-10
Canberra 16-32
Newcastle 26-18
Souths 38-24
Manly 28-0

Yeah I see what you mean, every team was a top 8 team; or in with a realistic chance of a top 8 spot when played.

bileduct

Coach
Roosters 19-12
Manly 32-10
Canberra 16-32
Newcastle 26-18
Souths 38-24
Manly 28-0

Yeah I see what you mean, every team was a top 8 team; or in with a realistic chance of a top 8 spot when played.
Wow, since you were embarrassed yet again by the Raiders, you've played 11th, 9th, then 8th, and then had the week off.

Choke coming up.

The Gambler

Juniors
Roosters 19-12
Manly 32-10
Canberra 16-32
Newcastle 26-18
Souths 38-24
Manly 28-0

I must say, you are drawing an extremely long bow trying to claim the Knights, a Souths team minus Sutton and Champion, and a third grade Manly side are 'quality opposition'.

But I understand the point you are trying to make...

Latest posts