What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grandorient

Bench
Bitter Raiders fans ignored I'd love it for my fellow Tigers fans to be proud of our boys and let the Dragons go into their big test with their backs up.

Our boys were far more than valiant. Lost Tuiaki, winger of 2009, IN 2009. Lost Tim Moltzen early on. Had key injuries all year long. Never had a set lineup. Payten, someone found wanting forever and finally drawing together a key role, goes down with 2 weeks left. We made the prelim final Tigers. We had an immense season. Absolutely huge.

St George. You aren't chokers. Your team is stunning. Wayne Bennett has drilled them to a tee. They play their roles. They never falter. They get stunned but they pull it together with such little motivation. A stunning team. Deserved premiers.

Roosters. I am jealous. Your side has come home with a wet sail. Your fringe players look like superstars. Your superstars in waiting are playing to their potential. Your seasoned vets are showing all signs of their class. Your Dally M winners are justified.

I am sick of the bickering, the class war, the pot shots. We have our grand finalists. There were three sides and I am comfortable in saying they were THE three sides. Now we have two. I'd be nitpicking to break it down further so a match did it for me. A heartwrenching match but a match the same. The Dragons had the discipline and the timing for it.

Anyone who calls this a dud season is plain wrong in my eyes.

Great post Mac, great post.

GO

Garts

Bench
Great game, throughly enjoyed it. Personally I thought the tigers were probably the better side most of the game but the dragons hung in and got across the line.

thommo4pm

Coach
I don't understand a lot of the hate towards the Dragons in this place.
Some great posts by Tigers fans, especially Macdougall & Hybrid Tiger (very gracious in defeat).

Saints were scrappy in the first half, clearly still blowing out some cob webs from the week off.
The second half we were much better and it cleared any rust we had from the week off.
Saints will be better for the run, and will be ready next week. We were full of running and had stacks of energy in both attack and defence.

The Tigers were great in defeat. It was a shame one side had to lose, the game was worthy of a Grand Final.

And for the people stating the ref's got us home on the back of penalties, you do realise the penalty count was 4-0 to the Tigers for the last 60 minutes of the game. Don't let those facts get in the way of your story.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What the he'll is it with the refs and giving teams penalties in lots?

The dragons got the first 5, the tigers the next 4, it makes no sense at all!!

It didn't decide the game but it's just sh*t, it's happened in numerous games this year.

dragondad

First Grade
When the penalty count was 5-0 I told my brother not to get excited, because the penalties would swing the other way, and I was right.

Finished 5-4 and we didn't get a penalty for 60 minutes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's a joke isn't it. I refuse the believe the dragons were perfect for the first 31 minutes and the tigers didn't put a foot wrong for the rest of the game.

Bitter Raiders fans ignored I'd love it for my fellow Tigers fans to be proud of our boys and let the Dragons go into their big test with their backs up.

Our boys were far more than valiant. Lost Tuiaki, winger of 2009, IN 2009. Lost Tim Moltzen early on. Had key injuries all year long. Never had a set lineup. Payten, someone found wanting forever and finally drawing together a key role, goes down with 2 weeks left. We made the prelim final Tigers. We had an immense season. Absolutely huge.

St George. You aren't chokers. Your team is stunning. Wayne Bennett has drilled them to a tee. They play their roles. They never falter. They get stunned but they pull it together with such little motivation. A stunning team. Deserved premiers.

Roosters. I am jealous. Your side has come home with a wet sail. Your fringe players look like superstars. Your superstars in waiting are playing to their potential. Your seasoned vets are showing all signs of their class. Your Dally M winners are justified.

I am sick of the bickering, the class war, the pot shots. We have our grand finalists. There were three sides and I am comfortable in saying they were THE three sides. Now we have two. I'd be nitpicking to break it down further so a match did it for me. A heartwrenching match but a match the same. The Dragons had the discipline and the timing for it.

Anyone who calls this a dud season is plain wrong in my eyes.

Great post Mac, twas a great season for us, we've been critised for years for being soft in the forwards, weak in defence and not being able to grind out a win. I can't say they were weaknesses for us in 2010, it took pretty much 80 minutes for the Dragons to finish us off in the end, easily our best season since 05.

When the penalty count was 5-0 I told my brother not to get excited, because the penalties would swing the other way, and I was right.

Finished 5-4 and we didn't get a penalty for 60 minutes.

We weren't terribly ill-disciplined in the opening 20, and then we weren't perfect for the last 60. It's more to do with coaches who bitch in the press conferences when the penalty count isn't equal. If the penalty count ends up 9-4 it doesn't mean the team that copped 9 penalties was buttf**ked by the refs as coaches try to make it seem.

dragondad

First Grade
Off the top of my head for the penalties against you.

Young probably milked the leg pull.
Your right side defence was about 4m offside.
Farah was about 3m in front of the goal line.

Can't remember the other two penalties. I thought the penalty you got when there was no dummy half was very harsh.

TheFrog

Coach
Great game. I'm sure the Dragons felt they had the game in their keeping once it was 12-12. This could easily have burned them if Benji had put something on but they got the point they needed to win and that was that. They did look rather at sea in the first half when behind, though. They need to be in front or at least level this side.

Dragons will be hard to stop next week but I've underestimated the Roosters before. I still think they played no more than a workmanlike game against a team that just didn't really turn up.

Will be a GF worth watching, thats for sure.

Davester

Juniors
Had a bit of banter from some Dragons family on the way to the game but nothing too harsh. The Brewery was buzzin, enjoyed havin a couple of drinks there with my mates before the big game.

Personally the 2005 SFS crowd atmosphere still is my favourite regardless of if the result went the Tigers way or not but was such a great spectacle seeing the ANZ Stadium pretty full.

Such a great game, pity the result being a Tigs supporter but don't regret attending.

Had no trouble with Dragons supporters returning home, they were a'ok on my train ride home.

Last edited:

Latest posts