What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 PREMIERS | Dragons 32-8 Roosters | Grand Final | ANZ

2010 NRL PREMIERS - who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Dragons 20 Roosters 18

Going for the Roosters but Dragons will win.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
We're playing a bit better now.

Last time we played the Roosters, they were 5 from 5 over the previous weeks. We were 1 from 4 + a bye. You were in great form when we came up against you, the weeks after was when you had your slump.

In saying that, it all means nothing now.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah it was a miracle we only lost 19-12 (with a try in the last minute) that day given that we barely completed half of our sets.

Its impossible to beat the Dragons if you have a bad day with regards to ball control.

If we complete upwards of 80% of our sets and the penalty count is only around 3-3 then we're a massive chance IMO.

CMUX

Yeah it was a miracle we only lost 19-12 (with a try in the last minute) that day given that we barely completed half of our sets.

Its impossible to beat the Dragons if you have a bad day with regards to ball control.

If we complete upwards of 80% of our sets and the penalty count is only around 3-3 then we're a massive chance IMO.

Well we know the penalty count will be about 10-2 to the dragons, but we ought to be used to that by now. Ball control is definitely the key. If we produce error free football I think we have enough to beat the dragons.

to_ddeath

Coach
Wow, already whingeing about the penalty count before the balls being kicked off. Enough face-pulling from Catanasta will ensure the penalties square up on the day, don't you worry about that.

T.

Gaba

First Grade
Well we know the penalty count will be about 10-2 to the dragons, but we ought to be used to that by now. Ball control is definitely the key. If we produce error free football I think we have enough to beat the dragons.
the minichello try shouldnt have been awarded and carney was lucky to score his, with the costigan blunder

the score could have been 19-6 to the dragons

Last edited:

JT_

Juniors
I think our forwards will stand up. The 'soft' jibes really sparked us against the Titans and Nuausala was back to his running best and making 15m+ on each run. I think Masoe will be brought into this one if J Aubs is unavailable. It would give us that extra even though we look solid enough as it is.

Gaba that is a lolz logic and you know it.

Chook Norris

First Grade
the minichello try shouldnt have been awarded and carney was lucky to score his, with the costigan blunder

and we were unlucky not to score the match winning try after skd's break

oh and the dragons were lucky to have good field position because of our plethora of errors

whatever. :lol:

CMUX

Wow, already whingeing about the penalty count before the balls being kicked off. Enough face-pulling from Catanasta will ensure the penalties square up on the day, don't you worry about that.

T.

How am I whinging about it? I am merely accepting the inevitable and I suggest the roosters do the same if they want to win the match.

CMUX

And creagh was lucky to score his because Minichiello slipped over :sarcasm:

CMUX

i was only responding to your prediction of the dragons will get the 10-2 penalty count

I don’t consider penalties as the reason why you guys beat us this year. I am merely pointing out that the roosters have lost most of their penalty counts and can expect to do so again this week against a disciplined saints side.

Last time we played the Roosters, they were 5 from 5 over the previous weeks. We were 1 from 4 + a bye. You were in great form when we came up against you, the weeks after was when you had your slump.

In saying that, it all means nothing now.

That's kinda where I was coming from Fiery. Our mid season form spell came from good attack and not much else. We've picked up our defense since then.

Chriss

Juniors
lol, I love all the saints fans with their 'we'll win because our defense is better' comments..

Since Todd Carney moved to 5/8th they have played 15 games, they have won 11 and lost 4 and have scored 385 points and conceded 241, Average score 26 to 16.

In St Georges last 15 games they have won 11 and lost 4 and they have scored 320 points and conceded 188, Average score 21 to 12.

In the last 5 games The Roosters have scored 133 and conceded 55, their average score is 27 to 11.

In St Georges last 5 games they have scored 121 and conceded 86, their average score is 24 to 17.

Dragons are so SURE that they're defense is going to get them over the line, when looking at the most recent stats, the difference is very, very, small.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Most would say that the Roosters have the clearly superior halves. But its a big game and we all know that Mitchell Pearce goes missing in big games.

Naps

Juniors
Most would say that the Roosters have the clearly superior halves. But its a big game and we all know that Mitchell Pearce goes missing in big games.

The last two games have been pretty 'big' games to your standards haven't they? Pearce didn't go missing in those did he? I recall Pearce winning Man of the Match in the Panthers Finals game and outplaying Scott Prince (who is considered the best halfback in the comp) In the Titans finals match... How's that for NOT going missing in big games you idiot.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The last two games have been pretty 'big' games to your standards haven't they? Pearce didn't go missing in those did he? I recall Pearce winning Man of the Match in the Panthers Finals game and outplaying Scott Prince (who is considered the best halfback in the comp) In the Titans finals match... How's that for NOT going missing in big games you idiot.

Penrith were a rabble due to injuries. Jennings and Lewis got injured on top of Pritchard,Waterhouse and Grant already being out. So Pearce outplayed a spare parts Panthers side. They had Purtell playing second row which also killed our chances.

The game against the Titans was more credible, I'll admit. We'll see how he's goes against a consistently strong defensive team. The Dragons defence is the best since Manly of 1996. Roosters only scored 18 points in 2 matches against them this season.

Pearce failed to show much big game nouse on his few opportunities in origin. Plenty of other people on this forum also doubt the qualities of Pearce.

Last edited:

SET2JT

Juniors
lol, I love all the saints fans with their 'we'll win because our defense is better' comments..

Since Todd Carney moved to 5/8th they have played 15 games, they have won 11 and lost 4 and have scored 385 points and conceded 241, Average score 26 to 16.

In St Georges last 15 games they have won 11 and lost 4 and they have scored 320 points and conceded 188, Average score 21 to 12.

In the last 5 games The Roosters have scored 133 and conceded 55, their average score is 27 to 11.

In St Georges last 5 games they have scored 121 and conceded 86, their average score is 24 to 17.

Dragons are so SURE that they're defense is going to get them over the line, when looking at the most recent stats, the difference is very, very, small.
The last 5 game don't really count for anything as the Dragons were resting players against the Raiders,Knights,Bunnies. The only thing that i think will count from the last 5 games is, the Dragons will be fresher then the Roosters.