What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 PREMIERS | Dragons 32-8 Roosters | Grand Final | ANZ

2010 NRL PREMIERS - who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
The last 5 game don't really count for anything as the Dragons were resting players against the Raiders,Knights,Bunnies. The only thing that i think will count from the last 5 games is, the Dragons will be fresher then the Roosters.

i don't that's true at all.. Dragons played a very intense and hardfought game against the Tigers.. whilst we've had two relatively 'easy' games with the result decided just after half time. We'd be even fresher imo

Naps

Juniors
Pearce failed to show much big game nouse on his few opportunities in origin. Plenty of other people on this forum also doubt the qualities of Pearce.

Haha, You're judging a players qualities on the field after he has only been In Origin for what, three times In total. Did Thurston come in a make a tremendous bang when he was In his first Origin Series?

SET2JT

Juniors
i don't that's true at all.. Dragons played a very intense and hardfought game against the Tigers.. whilst we've had two relatively 'easy' games with the result decided just after half time. We'd be even fresher imo
You guys have been playing your best players straight since your last bye. Including a semi that went for 100 min. Yes we did have a tough game on Saturday but that was the 2nd game in a month for our best players.
IMO if the Roosters don't put us away in the first half the Dragons will win. Our 2nd half's have been great all year. I consider the Tigers a much more attacking threat than the Roosters and in that 2nd half Benji threw everything at us and come up with 0.

adamkungl

Immortal
I tend to agree with what most commentators are saying - if dragons get the ascendancy early, they can grind their way to a win. If Roosters find themselves 2 tries up, I don't think Saints have the points in them to chase us down.

Gaba

First Grade
I tend to agree with what most commentators are saying - if dragons get the ascendancy early, they can grind their way to a win. If Roosters find themselves 2 tries up, I don't think Saints have the points in them to chase us down.

i dont know about that the dragons in the games against the roosters been finishing the stronger and put the points on in the final 20 mins of the game.

Last edited:

RockWheel

Bench
I'd reckon the Dragons will win, just because of the Bennett factor. Still I can see the Roosters getting up.

Dragons by 8.

D

Deleted member 10972

Ever since Minichiello went back to fullback and Carney to the halves permanently, we have won 11 games, and lost 4.

In the 4 games we lost...

- we lost to the Warriors 22-18, when Kevin Locke had to pull some magic out of his backside in the last second of the match
- we lost to the Dragons 19-12, who were the form team of the competition, and we had a huge chance to win the game before SKD butchered it
- we lost to the Sharks 18-12, where again Carney had a clear chance to win the game but his double movement at 12-all led to a Sharks try
- we lost to Titans 23-14, in a match where we were never really in it, but still stayed pretty close to them the whole match

In all games, we never conceded more than 23 points, and in the Dragons/Sharks/Titans losing streak, it was a disfunctional attacking style that cost us the wins. In fact, ever since Round 14, we have only conceded more than 23 points twice, against Bulldogs (32 points, we won) and Broncos (30 points, we won).

It can probably be said that the Minichiello/Carney/Pearce/Friend core is one of the best functioning combinations in the NRL, especially with Anasta and Aubusson providing outstanding links on either fringe beween the halves and the centres.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Joseph Leilua 3. Kane Linnett 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Nate Myles 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Braith Anasta (c)
Interchange: 14. Martin Kennedy 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Daniel Conn 17. James Aubusson; Reserves: 18. Nick Kouparitsas 19. Tom Symonds 20. Lopini Paea 21. Phil Graham

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20085

Jason Maher

Immortal
- we lost to the Dragons 19-12, who were the form team of the competition, and we had a huge chance to win the game before SKD butchered it

Nice re-write of history. Going into the Dragons game your mob had won 5 in a row, while we had won 1 from 4 (with a bye).

By the way, I'd like to point that I called for Mini to FB, Carney to FE, and Anasta to lock in round 1. I still don't understand why Smith ever did anything different, but I guess he got there in the end, and you're in the GF, so who cares?

CMUX

i dont know about that the dragons in the games against the roosters been finishing the stronger and put the points on in the final 20 mins of the game.

Yes but in both those games the dragons were only ever behind by 2 points. What is yet to be determined though is whether the dragons can change their game style and chase a victory if they find themselves 10-14 points down at some stage.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Nice re-write of history. Going into the Dragons game your mob had won 5 in a row, while we had won 1 from 4 (with a bye).

By the way, I'd like to point that I called for Mini to FB, Carney to FE, and Anasta to lock in round 1. I still don't understand why Smith ever did anything different, but I guess he got there in the end, and you're in the GF, so who cares?

it would've been to help with the transition back to first grade. Carney hadn't played first grade for well over a year and Mini had previously been struggling with various injuries

Timmah

Staff member
Warriors

1. Glen Fisiiahi 2. Omar Slaimankhel 3. Sosaia Feki 4. Siuatonga Likiliki 5. Elijah Niko 6. Carlos Tuimavave 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Neccrom Areaiiti 9. Elijah Taylor 10. Mark Ioane 11. Matt Robinson 12. Ben Henry (C) 13. Sebastine Ikahihifo
Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Charlie Gubb 16. Sam Lousi 17. Daniel Palavi; Reserves: 18. Henry Chan-Ting 20. John Palavi

http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20085

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh dear, Ben Cummins is the standby referee. How does that joke of an official get anywhere near a grand final?

Timmah

Staff member
Rabbitohs: 1. Malcolm Webster 2. James Roberts 3. Junior Vaivai 4. Kane Morgan 5. Josh Mansour 6. Matt Mundine 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Josh Starling 9. Nathan Peats (c) 10. Francis Laulu 11. Adrian Ha'angana 12. Joseph So'oalo 13. Blake Judd
Interchange: 14. Jake Shearer 15. Jacob Nansen 16. Jack Tulemau 17. Brendan McKinnon

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20085

Timmah

Staff member
All the teams are in, just waiting on referee details for the lower grades.