What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF2 - 3 v 6 | Sat 6:30 | Tigers 15-19* Roosters | SFS

Qualifying Final Result: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDR

First Grade
Tigers should do a number on the Chooks, both teams are a bit spotty though so we never know.

It's hard to pick but the game itself won't be too flash IMO

CMUX

Tigers should do a number on the Chooks, both teams are a bit spotty though so we never know.

It's hard to pick but the game itself won't be too flash IMO

Serious?? I honestly think it is the pick of the finals for week 1

BDR

First Grade
The Chooks were absolutely dreadful last week, were lucky to get rid of our depleted outfit in the end. Tigers were better but still went down to the Tits. Personally I hope you're right and it's a cracker but I don't really see it happening, I think the best matchups will be happening from next weekend on.

JT_

Juniors
The game against Cowboys isn't a great indicator, we clearly had one eye on the finals and the outcome of the top 8. The humid weather didn't help with the errors but we won't be playing like that against the Tigers imo. Like Sticky said last night, the last game of the season can be very difficult for teams who are in the finals because they just want to get the game over and done with and get their mindset on the finals opponent.

Jono1987

Juniors
Best game of the week. Like the Panthers/Raiders I'm predicting a high scoring affair.

Roosters 28
Tigers 22

MoM: Carney

Tom Ace

Bench
The Chooks were absolutely dreadful last week, were lucky to get rid of our depleted outfit in the end. Tigers were better but still went down to the Tits. Personally I hope you're right and it's a cracker but I don't really see it happening, I think the best matchups will be happening from next weekend on.

I think we'd put the cue in the rack the week before when we knew we were in the finals.

Last week was just making sure we won with as little injuries and effort as possible I think.

Plus we were missing Friend, who is crucial to how we play and Mini, Mose and Conn.

BDR

First Grade
Fair call, I suppose it's possible. We'll have to wait and see on saturday night.

MacDougall

First Grade
Why would the Roosters not try and build momentum and work up a score to get into 5th place? 5th place is a much safer place to be than 6th. If they lose in 6th they are a very high chance of getting booted in week one. Don't tell me it's because they wanted to play the Tigers at the SFS either cuz that's a load of crap. The Roosters have a poor home record to boot. I don't think them wanting to play at the SFS against the Tigers was in their mind at all.

Rovelli

Bench
Who I cheer for will probably be dictated by who wins tonight...these two teams are two of the toughest to predict because when they're hot, they're hot, and when they're not, they're not. Roosters by 1.

Why would the Roosters not try and build momentum and work up a score to get into 5th place? 5th place is a much safer place to be than 6th. If they lose in 6th they are a very high chance of getting booted in week one. Don't tell me it's because they wanted to play the Tigers at the SFS either cuz that's a load of crap. The Roosters have a poor home record to boot. I don't think them wanting to play at the SFS against the Tigers was in their mind at all.

Six wins in nine games at the SFS that's a poor record is it?

Eaglestar

Juniors
Roosters to win.. they the only threat to the Titans winning the Premiership. I know Titans beaten every team in top 8 this year even melbourne not sure of Roosters so they the threat to them

dice

Juniors
For a team in the top 6 that plays out of one home ground and a big, luscious home ground at that. Yeah that's pretty bad.

You should put things into perspective. Roosters were very clueless and inconsistent up until Carney's switch to 5/8th. Since then we have played 4 games at the SFS and only lost the game against the Titans.

Also, important to note tonight is the first time in a very long time that Roosters are full strength. No Kouparitsus in the team is like a topline racehorse running with a 10kg lighter weight on its back. Get on.

Having said that, on their day either team are capable of being either the best or worst team in comp. It will be an interesting game and a low or high scoring game will not surprise, neither would a close or severely lopsided scoreline either way.

Last edited:

Geohood

Bench
Word is from the Chookpen:

J.Aubs > Starting hooker
Friend, Kennedy, Conn, JWH > bench
Mose and Leilua missing out

we'll see if it turns out like this tonight

adamkungl

Immortal
Word is from the Chookpen:

J.Aubs > Starting hooker
Friend, Kennedy, Conn, JWH > bench
Mose and Leilua missing out

we'll see if it turns out like this tonight

Good side imo...pity they all can't fit in. Except Koups. Who is sh*t.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Confirmation on 2GB via the Wests Tigers will wear black tonight, meaning the Roosters will be donning the white away strip.