What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF3 - 2 v 7 | Sat 8:30 | Panthers 22-24 Raiders | CUA

Qualifying Final Result: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagles4eva

First Grade
The more I think about this game, the less chance I see of the Panthers winning.

They haven't beaten a top 8 team for 2 months, they have a coach who has never coached a team to a finals win, and they had a very, very easy lead-in to the finals.

Raiders to win. I honestly can't even fathom the possibility of another outcome.

Great to be passionate about your team, but this could come back and bite you in the ar#e....

pantherz9103

First Grade
The more I think about this game, the less chance I see of the Panthers winning.

They haven't beaten a top 8 team for 2 months, they have a coach who has never coached a team to a finals win, and they had a very, very easy lead-in to the finals.

Raiders to win. I honestly can't even fathom the possibility of another outcome.

People forget that during our losing run we had alot of disruption to our lineup with injuries to Coote, Grant, Walsh and Lewis. Yet we were only thrashed in one game (by the Tigers). 4 of the 5 losses in that period were only by 8 points at the most.

You might feel foolish in your over-confidence. We shall see. If it was in Canberra, on current form Raiders would probably win and win well and I'd have little confidence but the fact its at CUA is a big factor. To try and deny that would be pretty naive.

franklin2323

Immortal

We had no Walsh or Grant last time we played. In that time Walsh, Grant, Lewis was missing for periods while we didn't have the results we had a dig except for the Tigers game.

No we don't have a coach to of won a finals game but you don't either!! Kingston, Waterhouse, Lewis all have GF experience

As the week has gone on, I hve become more nervous. Seeing the Panthers' best players oming back, eg. Lewis, Walsh and possibly even Coote, it just further enhances my nervousness. I think for the Panthers, the loss of Civoniceva is a massive blow, but they do have the players to cover. With Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tilse and Logan we have the advantage up front, but that will count for nothing unless the halves utilise the valuable metres they gain. I just hope that our forwards perform the way they have in the past 2 months, as with the game in Brisbane, they were the ones who laid the platform for a scrappy win.

It is going to be tough, but is very doable. I'll go for a Panthers win, however, by 4 points.

Expected to see a fair few Raiders fans at this game... loads coming up from what I have heard.

TheFrog

Coach
For those thinking of taking the train to Penrith, think again. Those lovely CityRail folk have decided a night with 2 NRL finals and some little game called the Bledisloe Cup would be a fantastic time to do trackwork.

http://www.cityrail.info/service_up...?trackworkId=8E882EC45869052CE04400144F44239C

These two NRL finals were decided last weekend. Rail work is scheduled at least 12 months ahead of time. Be thankful they leave Grand Final day clear. It will be a bit difficult getting to this game by public transport but by no means impossible.

The Rail people take their track upgrading very seriously indeed. So seriously, it takes a huge event and many months of notice for them to even consider curtailing it.

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
Ah crap, the boys should know that they have to use connies in December and January because they can't afford distractions at the business end of the season.

Ulysseus

Bench
Ah crap, the boys should know that they have to use connies in December and January because they can't afford distractions at the business end of the season.

I lol'd.
With the way medical science is these days you'd think they could get it held back or moved forward a bit.

Ulysseus

Bench
Call me old fashioned , but the baby will still be there the next day.

It's finals footy ffs , it cant be missed for a birth
!

I follow ya, but apparently the birth of your first child is something a man should be there for, f**ked if I know why, the woman is more hormonal than usual, you get called for everything under the sun, the doctors want you out of the room, her mother still thinks you are a prick, you are probably likely to be hit with a bedside object and after all that you have no say in naming it.

f**k that, if anyone needs me I'll be in the waiting room.