What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Fri | Eels 12-18 Dragons | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
Low scoring first half.. points will flow more easily in the second.. to whom? I think the Dragons.

adamkungl

Immortal
bennet wont have the game plans to beat parra

if soward is playing draongs will lose all he does is kick

if you look at the games won last year by the dragons they got all their points against form slumps teams so really they werent even a finals team

Gaba

First Grade
:lol:

Good to see the season is nearly here, things can get back to normal

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
bennet wont have the game plans to beat parra

if soward is playing draongs will lose all he does is kick

if you look at the games won last year by the dragons they got all their points against form slumps teams so really they werent even a finals team

I know, it was just all about timing. The Roosters struck teams only when they were in form, the dragons, well they got really lucky and didn't even really play a team who was in form until the finals ;-)

In all seriousness it should be a good game, but I expect our season to start alot slower than last year, Bennett had to get rid of the slow starts as a result we faded badly at the end of the season, this year that mentality has changed.

Apey

Staff member
Eels to win, Gaba to be in a catch 22 about supporting the Dragons and Eels only winning games against weak opposition.

But srsly, Dragons by 10.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm not expecting the quality of the game to be anything spectacular. The trial form of the Eels hasn't been great and the Dragons aren't exactly blitzing it either. I'm just happy the wait is finally over and hoping for no long term injuries. I think the Eels will feel they have a point to prove to their home crowd. Whoever wins, the margin will be less the 6 IMO.

RockWheel

Bench
Eels by however many they want.

Not really.

No idea to be honest. I'll say Parramatta by 4 just because that's what I want. Come faster, Friday.

thommo4pm

Coach
Official Dragons team:

Dragons Coach Wayne Bennett has named a big 17 man-squad for the Round 1 clash against the Eels at Parramatta Stadium on Friday night, with four forwards named on the bench all capable of playing in the front-row.
Dragons forward Dan Hunt is excited about the challenge a big Parramatta pack poses for the Dragons,
“Parramatta’s got a big pack, but we’ve got a job to do. They had a great season last year and a great finals campaign, but this is a new season, we’ve trained hard and done everything right so far this week and we can’t wait to get back into football on Friday night”.
Unavailable Dragons are: Neville Costigan (shoulder) Rnd 4, Kyle Stanley (ankle) Rnd 6, Peni Tagive (ACL) indefinite
NRL v Eels
Friday, Mar 12 2010
7.35pm
1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby ©
8. Matt Prior
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young
14. Jon Green
15. Trent Merrin
16. Dan Hunt
17. Jarrod Saffy

www.dragons.com.au

thommo4pm

Coach
Gavin Badger....Eels by 100 with Jason Ryles to be sent off and suspened despite playing for the Roosters now.