What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Sat | Panthers 34-16 Raiders | CUA

Result: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I've given it to the Panthers before, but they should be able to take this one out by 8-12 points. Raiders have nothing.

Macko8

Juniors
Considering the raiders go really well at cua stadium.
Im confident they will get the job done and come away with the points.
Depending how you look at it,even if TLL is out,the forward pack of shillo,tilse,harrison,logan,thurling,miller would trouble any opposing pack.

Looking forward to seeing the young backline,all reports suggest robinson will be starting,i hope he doesnt turn out to be a nuffy like huihahau(although didnt get a crack at FG).
Joel thompson plays better in the centres then the pack,he and vidot will form a great combination.

raiders by 12 over penriff panfers

Given Herbert will be our 7 and away from home, can't see us winning. Hope to be proved wrong though.

tbh i dont think its Herbert's fault that he never seems to take control of the game. I think it's partof some whacky game plan for him to stand wider which is nonsense. If Furner ordered him to play more first reciever i think he would.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Raiders side and refs added. Panthers coming soon.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty happy with the Panthers squad named... the only bloke I would like to see replaced is Nathan Smith. Don't really care who replaces him. We already have Paulo on the bench, don't need two backrowers when Lewis and Waterhouse can play 80 minutes no worries.

thommo4pm

Coach
I actually think Canberra might get away with an upset win here....well it will be an upset in my eyes.

skeepe

Immortal
That Panthers forward pack is a hell of a lot weaker than the Raiders forward pack... in fact the Raiders are pretty much stronger right across the park. The only Panthers players who would make it into the Raiders team are Jennings, Civoniceva and Lewis. The rest would be nowhere near.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Haha you keep telling yourself that Skeepe. Penrith have more rep players than the Raiders, so how do only a few of us make your oh so special team that is apparently just neglected by rep selectors?

Penrith by 10

skeepe

Immortal
Haha you keep telling yourself that Skeepe. Penrith have more rep players than the Raiders, so how do only a few of us make your oh so special team that is apparently just neglected by rep selectors?

Penrith by 10

Panthers rep players:
Jennings
Civoniceva
Lewis
Pritchard
Waterhouse

Raiders rep players:
Dugan
Campese
Shillington
Tongue
Harrison
Monaghan*
Learoyd-Lahrs*
Picker*

* = currently injured

You were saying?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Interesting comments about Canberra having a good record at CUA. In recent years, yes they have, although not last year. But most teams have done well at CUA in recent years, as we've been pretty poor at home.

They've only won games at CUA because we've been so poor. If we turn up and are on our game with what I believe is a more focused team than in the past, we should be able to win. If they win it won't be because they were particuarly good. Round 2, 2008 last time they won at CUA, they were bad and we were worse.

skeepe

Immortal
Interesting comments about Canberra having a good record at CUA. In recent years, yes they have, although not last year. But most teams have done well at CUA in recent years, as we've been pretty poor at home.

They've only won games at CUA because we've been so poor. If we turn up and are on our game with what I believe is a more focused team than in the past, we should be able to win. If they win it won't be because they were particuarly good. Round 2, 2008 last time they won at CUA, they were bad and we were worse.

:lol:

I really can't understand why all you Panthers fans are so damn cocky, particularly when their team is so sh*t right across the park.

"If they win it won't be because they were particularly good."

What an arrogant wanker.

I can't wait to wipe the smirk off your face on Saturday.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Panthers rep players:
Jennings
Civoniceva
Lewis
Pritchard
Waterhouse

Raiders rep players:
Dugan
Campese
Shillington
Tongue
Harrison
Monaghan*
Learoyd-Lahrs*
Picker*

* = currently injured

You were saying?

Sorry have to take issue there. Dugan?, Picker? I don't recall seeing them represent at senior level, I'm not talking about junior reps or mickey mouse rep games like PM's 13 or anything.

Petero= Australian prop and one of the best props of all time
Jennings= best young back in the game, played origin and roo tourist
Waterhouse & Lewis= Kangaroo tourists, played tests and origin
Pritchard= NZ World Cup winner

I like the Raiders young squad and I think you guys will be competitive this season as usual, but its funny when you claim some of those guys as rep players :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Sorry have to take issue there. Dugan?, Picker? I don't recall seeing them represent at senior level, I'm not talking about junior reps or mickey mouse rep games like PM's 13 or anything.

Petero= Australian prop and one of the best props of all time
Jennings= best young back in the game, played origin and roo tourist
Waterhouse & Lewis= Kangaroo tourists, played tests and origin
Pritchard= NZ World Cup winner

I like the Raiders young squad and I think you guys will be competitive this season as usual, but its funny when you claim some of those guys as rep players :lol:

Sorry, did I miss the memo where you outlined what you accepted as rep games and what you didn't?

Last time I checked the PMs XIII counted as a representative match. It's not Australia, it's not Origin, but it's still a representative match.

But still, exclude them and you've still got one more representative player in the Raiders squad than the Panthers do, so my point still stands.

Shillington - Australian and Origin prop
Campese - Australian and Origin 5/8th
Harrison - New Zealand world cup winner and International Player of the Year
Monaghan - Australian and Origin back
Learoyd-Lahrs - Origin forward
Tongue - Country Origin lock

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade

I really can't understand why all you Panthers fans are so damn cocky, particularly when their team is so sh*t right across the park.

"If they win it won't be because they were particularly good."

What an arrogant wanker.

I can't wait to wipe the smirk off your face on Saturday.

sh*t across the park? game's best prop, one of the best centres, 3 high quality backrowers, lol- yeah sh*t across the park? hahaha- excellent pointscoring winger in Gordon, halves who've looked good in the trials in Burns/Walsh. Kingston who was superb in Parra's finals charge.

Its so easy to push your buttons. Deep down I'm worried about another ordinary season and Elliot stuffing us up again. But the trials were good and the team and club should know that this season simply is a must perform situation. Another bad season, particuarly in all 3 grades like '09- could have really big ramifications.

Its funny how you are so cocky Skeepe. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the Raiders as a team to watch but you're pretty cocky about winning away games, which is funny because of your club's poor away record over many years. I know that our home form has often been poor but last year it was 7W,1D,4L so it was getting on track.

If you lose you'll probably blame the refs won't you?

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Its so easy to push your buttons.

Ah the old button pushing excuse. Roughly translated, it means: I've got nothing.

Deep down I'm worried about another ordinary season and Elliot stuffing us up again.

And well you should be. I have a lot of sympathy for you Panthers fans. Elliott is a fantastic bloke, and generally the players all love him. But he's an absolutely horrible coach and certainly knows how to stunt the development of promising juniors. I'm glad that hasn't happened with Jennings because I love watching him play, but I fear for the likes of Graham and Coote if Elliott is to remain coach.

He's generally pretty good at bringing forwards on though.

But the trials were good and the team and club should know that this season simply is a must perform situation. Another bad season, particuarly in all 3 grades like '09- could have really big ramifications.

I know all about those sorts of seasons.

Its funny how you are so cocky Skeepe. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the Raiders as a team to watch but you're pretty cocky about winning away games, which is funny because of your club's poor away record over many years. I know that our home form has often been poor but last year it was 7W,1D,4L so it was getting on track.

Quite frankly I'm cocky because I know that the Raiders players are almost universally better than their Panthers counterparts (save for the 3 I mentioned earlier who would waltz into any side in the NRL) and, deep down, I'm desperate for a good start to the season after we've lost our last few openers.

If you lose you'll probably blame the refs won't you?

I've only ever blamed referees for contributing or causing a Raiders loss when it is undisputable that their inept performance has directly contributed to the result.

skeepe

Immortal
Country Origin lock, wow! :sarcasm:

Too bad he's playing at hooker for you now.

Tongue makes it one more rep player than you've got.

Or perhaps, instead of saying the "Panthers have more rep players than the Raiders", which was completely wrong, you should have said

"Panthers have the same amount of rep players if you exclude the representative games that I want to ignore".

That would have been more accurate.