What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Sat | Sharks 10-14 Storm | Toyota

Result: Sharks v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jc155776

Coach
Wow...put the dummy back in mate.

Take a chill pill...Storm won...get over it.

I posted that at half time.

Has nothing to do with losing.

Did you have someone sitting next to you explaining the rules and what not during the game?

Maybe they can explain how a raised forearm to the face is not only grubby, its illegal and results in suspensions.

Lowdown

Juniors
oh come on... things like Quinn's forearm happen about 20 times a game.

At normal speed he doesn't even collect with the forearm - its his hand that hits Gallen in the neck.

Any other defender wouldn't react, but because Gallen is an officially declared homicidal maniac he tried to kill Quinn as a result.

Tough win as predicted for the Storm. But - they're the masters of grinding out the win and will take the 2 points.

If you consider the players they're missing/missed tonight:

- Dallas Johnson
- Steve Turner
- Cooper Cronk
- Brett White
- Sika Manu
- Will Chambers
- Ryan Hoffman (for all but 5 mins)

To come to Shark park and put away a very fired up Cronulla team is a very very good start to the season.

Evenflow

Bench
I'm losing that argument so i'll move on to someone else, and you cant even get that right you moron.

I apologize for the wrong choice of words, Saffy was cited for biting but was found not guilty. Doesn't make him any less of a dog and the only ones that couldn't see he had a nice old chomp on Carney's arm are deluded idiots like you as well as judiciary members who are too scared to rock the boat. Then again i believe you're a policeman so it's no surprise whatsoever you'd turn a blind eye to something that you either just don't want to see or is worth your while in a monetary sense. Same same for a copper though as we all know ;-)

Anyway back on topic. The mexicans were far from impressive tonight but in saying that i called it being acloser game than many thought. Given they're one of the premiership faves thay'd want to lift their game a bit, though in saying that the other premiership faves hardly set the world on fire so far and they didn't have to fly across the other side of the world for a mickey mouse trial game so at least the drizzle have some sort of an excuse.

runatme

Bench
oh come on... things like Quinn's forearm happen about 20 times a game.

At normal speed he doesn't even collect with the forearm - its his hand that hits Gallen in the neck.

Any other defender wouldn't react, but because Gallen is an officially declared homicidal maniac he tried to kill Quinn as a result.

Tough win as predicted for the Storm. But - they're the masters of grinding out the win and will take the 2 points.

If you consider the players they're missing/missed tonight:

- Dallas Johnson
- Steve Turner
- Cooper Cronk
- Brett White
- Sika Manu
- Will Chambers
- Ryan Hoffman (for all but 5 mins)

To come to Shark park and put away a very fired up Cronulla team is a very very good start to the season.

LMAO

check your teams top 25

_Johnsy

Referee
I apologize for the wrong choice of words, Saffy was cited for biting but was found not guilty. Doesn't make him any less of a dog and the only ones that couldn't see he had a nice old chomp on Carney's arm are deluded idiots like you as well as judiciary members who are too scared to rock the boat. Then again i believe you're a policeman so it's no surprise whatsoever you'd turn a blind eye to something that you either just don't want to see or is worth your while in a monetary sense. Same same for a copper though as we all know ;-)

Anyway back on topic. The mexicans were far from impressive tonight but in saying that i called it being acloser game than many thought. Given they're one of the premiership faves thay'd want to lift their game a bit, though in saying that the other premiership faves hardly set the world on fire so far and they didn't have to fly across the other side of the world for a mickey mouse trial game so at least the drizzle have some sort of an excuse.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about, you have no idea who the player was, keep trying there are 24 left in the 2009 top squad. You'll get there eventually.

I have no idea what a persons possible employment has to do with a biting incident you cant remember. A monetary sense, you truly have no idea at all, I can almost see the chip on your shoulder from here.

Evenflow

Bench
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about, you have no idea who the player was, keep trying there are 24 left in the 2009 top squad. You'll get there eventually.

I have no idea what a persons possible employment has to do with a biting incident you cant remember. A monetary sense, you truly have no idea at all, I can almost see the chip on your shoulder from here.

Was Saffy not accused of biting Carney? This link might jog your selective memory. That was J-a-r-r-o-d S-a-f-f-y. Also here's a pineapple on the side that might help you remember ;-)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23466169-23214,00.html

Fui!!!

Juniors
LMAO

check your teams top 25

:lol:

Good to know Storm fans know who plays for them :roll:

But in all seriousness, the Sharks looked like the Sharks of '08. Great defence, bad attack.

Storm had so many sets inside your 20 and you kept them out, fix your attack (just don't let Pomeroy or Gallen off load) and you will get back into contention for the 8.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think Lowdown was comparing the team tonight to the team that won the comp last season, pointing out that they are far weaker but still managed to win.

BTW, to Broncos_Warriors_Storm (cant make up your mind aye) how in any way was that a soft game? Eyes painted on?

I posted that at half time.

Has nothing to do with losing.

Did you have someone sitting next to you explaining the rules and what not during the game?

Maybe they can explain how a raised forearm to the face is not only grubby, its illegal and results in suspensions.

And Gallen did'nt raise his forearm on Smith in a tackle in the second half ??...Quinn's arm was high but I don't think it was intentional.

Yep..I had someone next to me explaining the rules...never followed the game and have idea about it because I live in Melbourne...

Last edited:

Lowdown

Juniors
LMAO

check your teams top 25

I feel embarrassed pointing out the f**king obvious here.

These players were in our top 13 squad from last year - all missing from last nights team for whatever reason - injury or moved on.

You can throw in Matt Cross and Scott Anderson too into the top 17. That's now 9 first graders not playing last night.

The point is - the Storm are playing on the smell of an oily rag and managing to beat a full strength team in Round 1 in front of their home crowd.

It all bodes well for the future. To win when you really could be excused for a loss is a great win.

LESStar58

Referee
And the opinion of a one eyed mexican means nothing.

He will cop at least 2 weeks for that.

Blatant forearm, wasn't even the arm he was carrying the ball with.

Quinn is a serial offender and serial grub. He is suspended so often because he is a merkin of a human being.

Given that Quinny has been out since ANZAC Day you'd think that he wouldn't have any carry over points on his record....

Vossy

Bench
Basically still a trial game for us, and I say that respectfully. I hope Cam is back to 9 next week.

blow it our your arse

storm couldnt get within a bulls roar of scoring until the ref decided to set things right with a bullshyte sin binning..Quinn should of had the shyte smacked out him, grub, gallen does nothing wrong and gets warned because he is Paul Gallen..

oh and i just noticed that slater cats it on kick returns so your poor bastard wingers can get smashed and nice to know melbourne still grapple and get away with it

blow it our your arse

storm couldnt get within a bulls roar of scoring until the ref decided to set things right with a bullshyte sin binning..Quinn should of had the shyte smacked out him, grub, gallen does nothing wrong and gets warned because he is Paul Gallen..

oh and i just noticed that slater cats it on kick returns so your poor bastard wingers can get smashed and nice to know melbourne still grapple and get away with it

Wow...stop whinging and get back to supporting your club...you all seem to dwelling on Quinn's action when you should be taking a look at the dropped ball, pushed passes and unstructured play that was a feature of the Sharks last night.

BWNB

First Grade
Wow...stop whinging and get back to supporting your club...you all seem to dwelling on Quinn's action when you should be taking a look at the dropped ball, pushed passes and unstructured play that was a feature of the Sharks last night.

And the bad reffing...
Serious question, Why did Melbourne get the ball back when Gallen played it into the shoe of the Melbourne player?