What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R10 | Fri | Broncos 28-6 Titans | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Very 50/50 Raiders, I was happy with the decision.

If I could paint it for you, Lockyer made a half break before he was grasped in a loose last ditch tackle, Lockyer spun mid air and threw the ball with the arm securing the football before it had met the ground.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Very 50/50 Raiders, I was happy with the decision.

If I could paint it for you, Lockyer made a half break before he was grasped in a loose last ditch tackle, Lockyer spun mid air and threw the ball with the arm securing the football before it had met the ground.

as said, havent seen it, will watch it after the dragons game and give my thoughts... doesnt seem to be worrying the Broncos though... are they back?

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know Raiders.

Titans blew a few opportunities and the Broncos just made them pay.

Like I said, a real 50/50 but I was happy to see the referee go with his decision.

Ghoulies

Bench
Funny game. There were 2 clearly bombed tries by the Titans that could've made the game very different, but we made a much better fist of our chances in the Titans' 20.

No doubt there'll be criticism of the refereeing for a few blunders, but they weren't as bad as the commentary made it out to be (ie there was no penalty for tackling Preston without the ball because the pass to him was called forward).

user_nat

Coach
Similar to last week in that Brisbane got lucky with the opisition bombing a few good chances.

Still easily the better team tonight.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Why have the Broncos suddenly started defending properly, what's made the difference? I was enjoying their bad run, they will probably make the 8 now. Oh well..

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Funny game. There were 2 clearly bombed tries by the Titans that could've made the game very different, but we made a much better fist of our chances in the Titans' 20.

No doubt there'll be criticism of the refereeing for a few blunders, but they weren't as bad as the commentary made it out to be (ie there was no penalty for tackling Preston without the ball because the pass to him was called forward).
It didn't look forward to me.

I thought there was obvious biased refereeing. Some of the held down penalties against the Titans were unbeleiveable (the 1st penalty of the match against Bird and the one that led to the Broncos 2nd last try). The Brocos were getting away with worse than that.

There was a dead set 2 on 1 strip when the Titans were on a roll that was ruled a Titans knock on.

When Tomane was going in for a try he had the ball batted out. The Titans went on to tackle the Broncos in goal & the ref' rules a 20 meter tap to Broncos. If he goes to the video ref' its a goal line drop out.

I believe the result should have been much closer than that and the Titans were penalized out of any hope. How can the Titans get so many incorrect calls in their favour one week and get so many against them the next.:crazy:

Last edited:

Ghoulies

Bench
It didn't look forward to me.
Did to me... and the referees, who happened to be right on top of it.

I thought there was obvious biased refereeing. Some of the held down penalties against the Titans were unbeleiveable (the 1st penalty of the match against Bird and the one that led to the Broncos 2nd last try). The Brocos were getting away with worse than that.

There was a dead set 2 on 1 strip when the Titans were on a roll that was ruled a Titans knock on.

When Tomane was going in for a try he had the ball batted out. The Titans went on to tackle the Broncos in goal & the ref' rules a 20 meter tap to Broncos. If he goes to the video ref' its a goal line drop out.

I believe the result should have been much closer than that and the Titans were penalized out of any hope. How can the Titans get so many incorrect calls in their favour one week and get so many against them the next.
Most of the holding down penalties were warranted. It's frustrating watching the Titans play when they're so sloppy in the ruck.

I'll give you the strip, that should've been a penalty, but the Tomane drop ball over the try line could've easily been the result of Glenn knocking the arm instead of the ball.

You're also right in saying the result should have been much closer, but the fault lies with the Titans' players for that. Tomane should have secured the ball better, and Gordon could've done better to hold on to that intercept.