What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R10 | Sun | Sharks 14-34 Panthers | Toyota

Result: Sharks v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorpio30

Bench
Can't believe Nine are showing this.

I know...I just went to the NRL website to see which was the Fox game and which was the Ch9 game. Cant believe it.

I was sure they would have Tigers V Rabbitohs on 9!...Oh well I will just have to watch it now on Fox instead.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Should've been Cronulla Monday, Manly/Parra 2pm today and this SCG game 3pm.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith deserve channel nine games with our good form and they have to give Cronulla a few over the course of the season in fairness. Still Sharks are a chance today, we traditionally struggle at Toyota. Not over confident by any means.

Ausguy

Coach
Can't believe Nine are showing this.

Should've been Cronulla Monday, Manly/Parra 2pm today and this SCG game 3pm.

I know...I just went to the NRL website to see which was the Fox game and which was the Ch9 game. Cant believe it.

I was sure they would have Tigers V Rabbitohs on 9!...Oh well I will just have to watch it now on Fox instead.

Anyone watching the tigers v rabbits game would agree you are not missing much...

bludger of a game...

random stat but compeltion rates in the first ten minutes 0/3 and 0/5

Billythekid

First Grade
Anyone watching the tigers v rabbits game would agree you are not missing much...

bludger of a game...

random stat but compeltion rates in the first ten minutes 0/3 and 0/5

It also doesn't help that the coverage has been woeful.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Happy with the win as I was nervous going into the game. Jenko nabbing 3 tries may help his cause for SOO, although I'm still not sure if he's right.

Kilkenny

Coach
Stuart blames referees again.

I'm not sure how he can blame Jason Robinson. 9-4 penalty count overall. 9-2 until the last couple of minutes when he awarded Penrith 2 back to back in the space on 1 minute. The heavy penalty count against the Panthers gave the Sharks the field position to keep the scoreline reaonably close. The Panthers only did what they had too. The Coote pass when backwards out the hand and then bounced forward. It was a fair try, no argument.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't see how they could blame the referee. They had a 9-2 penalty count in their favor around the 70th minute and were still being thumped. Although as per usual the referee tried to even things up after the game was over.

if anything, I thought the Sharks probably had more of the 50/50 calls and wrong decisions go in their favor. The worst decision against them was the scrum against Sharks from the Gallen offload after the referee prematurely called held. Considering they got away with a few knock-ons it evens itself out.

Doomednow

Bench
Agreed, ref let a clear knock on in goal go so the sharks could have another shot. The only seriously bad call he made all game was the Gallen offload.

I was surprised he called that sharks try held up. He was right but I was certain he'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Stuart's got absolutely no case, especially with that penalty count.

nqcowboy87

Bench
recorded the match on eyetv on the mac and picked this up, that is one of the worst 10m ive ever seen, jennings is almost in the sharks line
EyeTVSnapshot-1.jpg

Kilkenny

Coach
recorded the match on eyetv on the mac and picked this up, that is one of the worst 10m ive ever seen, jennings is almost in the sharks line
EyeTVSnapshot-1.jpg

Your right. Robinson stuffed up and should have made the penalty count 10-4.

The Sharks had enough ball on the back of a generous penalty count in there favour and never seriously threatened. The Panthers did what they had to do and never really got out of second gear. Maybe not pretty for television in respect of the Channel Nine game but personally I couldn't care less.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I really think this game was a case of penrith doing what they had to do against an opposition that was struggling. Not an inspiring performance by any means and the number of tries we're scoring off kicks continues to be a worry IMO.

Nevertheless a win is a win and I'll take it's one less we have to get later on to make the finals.

Danish

Referee
Didn't penrith knock the pass down and give the sharks another set of 6 on that tackle anyway??

Sharks got about 4 "high" tackle piggy back penalties and still couldn't score a try. They had knock ons let go, penalties given away ignored (Coote being tackled in the air without the ball in the 2nd half)..... and they still couldn't get within cooee of Penrith.

To top it all off Stuart blames the refs and then declares Gallen a must for Origin, despite being outplayed by Lewis all afternoon