What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R11 | Fri | Knights 6-23 Tigers | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks to the salary cap it's now all about who turns up each week, which is usually the team who lost the week before.

The Tigers were always going to beat the Knights tonight, and if they played again next week you'd have your house on the Knights.

Crazy old competition it's become.

Apey

Staff member
Jeez we are geniused.

I wish I lived in the same fantasy land the supporters near me at the game do where the Knights are perfect and it's always the somebody elses fault (primarily the refs) we miss tackles and drop the ball. Ignorance is bliss eh?

"It was a wet game". has to be right up there with blaming the referees. Yeah it was raining for us, but it wasn't for the Tigers.. :sarcasm:

We had ample opportunity to win that game, but we were once again woeful at home. Sure we had players out, but the ones we did have should have done much better than that.

Big Pete

Referee
Thanks to the salary cap it's now all about who turns up each week, which is usually the team who lost the week before.

The Tigers were always going to beat the Knights tonight, and if they played again next week you'd have your house on the Knights.

Crazy old competition it's become.

Mmm...I'm still unsure whether or not I like it.

So many low quality games these days.

Dragon

Coach
Am i the only one who saw a massive forward pass in the lead up play to the Lawrence try (not the scrum play, the break down field)? Ch9 conveniently showed a head on replay but im sure it was at least 2m forward.

Still, Tigers deserved winners in the end but just thought it was totally glossed over by the comm. team and ch9 director. Or maybe im just wrong lol

Knightmare

Coach
FMD, it seems every week the refs will make every 50/50 call against the Knights. And why do the NRL persist in matching Newcastle up against the Tigers during Origin?

Now obviously some poor ball handling and choosing to run the ball on the last tackle instead of kicking it didn't help, but it seems that barely a weekend passes when the Knights don't come away on the wrong side of the penalty count, with the 50/50 calls stacking up.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I dont think that is true and i don't think the salary cap would cause that anyway.

The salary cap. is apart of the reason but it isn't the major cause for the quality.

It's a post for another thread as I'd hate to take the light away from either Tigers or Knights fans to discuss their own game but it's an interesting topic and one that I've had an opinion on for awhile.

Bench
Good to see Skeepe bagging the Tigers all the way through the game,we are 4 in front of you,we beat you earlier in the year,we lost 4 in a row,we are playing crap,but we are still ahead of you blokes.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Ugly win, but I'll take it.

In fact, I'd take an ugly win like that over an "entertaining win" anyday. This team needs to learn how to grind out a match and the more we have the better.

Unfortunately Marshall still wouldn't know how to grind at a f**king brothel, but hey, we got the 2 points.

Borat.

Juniors
FMD, it seems every week the refs will make every 50/50 call against the Knights. And why do the NRL persist in matching Newcastle up against the Tigers during Origin?

Now obviously some poor ball handling and choosing to run the ball on the last tackle instead of kicking it didn't help, but it seems that barely a weekend passes when the Knights don't come away on the wrong side of the penalty count, with the 50/50 calls stacking up.

The refs don't have a clue- comes around and goes around they say...but that is just BS-an excuse for poor performance...

Wouldn't have mattered tonight - you guys didn't turn up.....at least it didn't cost you 2 points

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers were lucky, I'm unbiased and agree we got all the 50/50 calls. In saying that they did overrule a knights knock on in the first half after looking at it on the video, at the start of 09 it was decided they couldn't do this anymore.

ironhorse

Juniors

Horsecrap .

Ugly win, but I'll take it.

In fact, I'd take an ugly win like that over an "entertaining win" anyday. This team needs to learn how to grind out a match and the more we have the better.

Unfortunately Marshall still wouldn't know how to grind at a f**king brothel, but hey, we got the 2 points.

No no no no no dont criticise Benji ,hes a star .The Tigers problems are all Tim Sheens:lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No no no no no dont criticise Benji ,hes a star .The Tigers problems are all Tim Sheens:lol:

I agree, Teflon Tim cops too much crap and his decision to play our superstar utility at fullback last night was another masterstroke.

In fact it was up there with playing with 16 players in 30+ degree heat, playing Benji at halfback (which the great man again tried last night for the 267th time), and carrying a winger on the bench for those desperate last four minutes of the game.

What a visionary our great coach Shines is. Ladies and gentleman, that's why he's batting at 1 in 15 and why our club has a fresh five year contract waiting after that superb victory last night.

:sarcasm:

skeepe

Immortal

Careful mate, you're starting to sound like skeepe :sarcasm:

Kilkenny

Coach
Boom box Jason Robinson is a 'joke'.

Nothing to do with last night's game, just in general.

I hate 'bagging' referee's as having done the job myself I am only too well aware how difficult a job it is. But Jason Robinson is his own worst enemy and is not a good referee in my opinion.

There were decisions last night which were wrong and influenced the outcome or at the very least were major turning points. Sadly, Jason Robinson is guilty of making decisions which are major turning points week in and week out.

The West Tigers deserved there win in the end of that there can be no doubt but things could have been different as Jason was responsible for one or two critical calls which really turned the game.