What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R11 | Mon | Panthers 31-16 Bulldogs | CUA

Result: Panthers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith is running a promotion for the game to celebrate our Harold Matthews premiership. This is our first home game since the boys defeated Parramatta in the GF.

Petero Civoniceva is the prize for the lucky junior player who comes wearing their junior league club jersey for Monday night football on Monday, May 27 against the Bulldogs.

Any junior league player from the Penrith District Junior League who wears their club colours can enter the draw to win a training session with Petero Civoniceva and rugby league development staff from Australian Rugby League Development.

To enter, the junior player will be handed an entry form when they attend the merchandise outlets at CUA Stadium. Upon being sighted in their club colours, the player needs to fill out the entry coupon and place it in the barrel. The winning entry will be drawn on the night.

Petero will attend a training session to conduct a skills session for the team that the junior player is from. With 21 junior clubs and 8,700 players in the Penrith district the only way to win is by attending the game. What makes this promotion a great offer is that all junior league players receive free entry via their activated 2010 NRL Junior Player pass simply because they play rugby league.

murraymob

Coach
i hope the boys selected in origin from harold mathews are there to do the lap of honour.I think they go into a camp maybe even today

Panther_Daz

Staff member

Murraymob, i too was thinking that. They go into camp on Saturday morning. It will be a real shame if they aren't there to celebrate their success with their team-mates. Hopefully NSWRL can release them for a few hours.

Whoosh

Juniors
I have a good feeling about the Doggies in this one. Although, I haven't dismissed the fact that Shane Elford's never captained a losing side in the NRL........

Kilkenny

Coach
Each of the sides has three key players missing, although the Bulldogs are also without Hannant thru injury.

You would have to think the Bulldogs with Kimmorley and Ennis are worse off as the Panthers probably have the depth in the forwards to cover the loss of there three players and retain there starting 1,6, 7 and 9 combination.

No excuses for the Panthers if they lose this one. They are expected to win and should do so comfortably.

murraymob

Coach

Murraymob, i too was thinking that. They go into camp on Saturday morning. It will be a real shame if they aren't there to celebrate their success with their team-mates. Hopefully NSWRL can release them for a few hours.

Daz cant speak for all the boys but Bryce will not be there he will be in camp in naranbeen

Big Pete

Referee
Panthers always seem to trouble the Dogs, even when they should otherwise be prepared for a spanking.

I say Panthers convincingly and basically guarantee themselves a finals spot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Panthers always seem to trouble the Dogs, even when they should otherwise be prepared for a spanking.

I say Panthers convincingly and basically guarantee themselves a finals spot.

We were well placed in 2008 and 2009 to make the eight before injuries to key players and from there we self destructed.

It's early days and yes a win against the Bulldogs will put the Panthers on 16 points but that is still a minimum of 12 points away from a top eight spot.

I think the Panthers will win, but I don't expect it to be easy and I certainly don't expect a cricket score.

maple_69

Bench
Could well be only 26 to make the 8 this year, what with Melbourne's shenanigans.
That would leave us 4 wins short of the playoffs with a win on Monday, but as you said we've blown strong positions very effectively recently.

Sleep

Juniors
I think whoevers forward pack wins the battle will take the match. Though the Panthers have the advantage of settled halves.

murraymob

Coach
vital game for us.There is a sap appearing around the sides in 8th position.If it stays dry we need to move the ball around give jennings purtell early ball

typicalfan

Coach
Panthers by 16. 30-14 Looks like the way to go.

Penrith will be in control throughout but the Dogs will get a few tries mainly off the individual brilliance of Barba and Morris.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can't believe people think this could possibly be a close affair. I hate the Panthers, but even I can see they are going to win this by a massive margin.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sorry this is off-topic, but has there been a golden point game this year?

I don't know the answer to the question you pose but I certainly hope it doesn't go to golden point this evening.

The Panthers should be too strong, they are less disadvantaged by Origin and injuries and they will have no excuses if they lose this one.

It has been a round for upsets thou.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Final lineups

2010teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Shane Elford (c)
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
18. Frank Puletua
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Nathan Smith

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Sam McKendry 17. Wade Graham 18. Frank Puletua

Not available due to State of Origin: Luke Lewis (NSW), Trent Waterhouse (NSW), Petero Civoniceva (QLD)

2010teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Luke Patten
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Shane Neumann
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Blake Green
7. Ben Barba
14. Mickey Paea
9. Dene Halatau
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange: 8. Chris Armit 15. Yileen Gordon 16. Jake Foster 17. Joel Romelo

Not available due to State of Origin: Brett Kimmorley (NSW), Michael Ennis (NSW), Jamal Idris (NSW)