What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R11 | Sun | Dragons 14-22 Raiders | WIN Stadium

Result: Dragons v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Y2Eel

First Grade
Wow, a desperate Eels fan taking pleasure in the Dragons losing :lol:

You realise this means they'll probably bounce back and destroy you next week?

Oh, and YOU LOST TO CRONULLA.

And We beat your mob.. So?:shock:

Desperate? i am just posting a reply to they sour grapes in this thread Timmy I also am not taking any pleasure out of it as they face the eels next week and wont want to lose 2 in a row...;-)

I also said in another post the Dragons team that ran out today would prob beat The eels next week...

Sad Timmah sad

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
The W next to their name is enough to be excited about also the form they are starting to show and the fact that a Halfback that would hardley make any reserve grade teams ran through seasoned first graders to help set up some nice tries..

Oh and for me if penrith win tomorrow they will be equal first is pretty good aswell..
Keep stroking it, I hope it makes you feel good.

Something like 13 of the strongest 17 we could have put out at the start of the season were missing today ... and but for a Jon Green dropped ball with the line wide open + a couple of Soward missed goals, we could still have won the game. Canberra were missing 5 players today, so they were also weakened, but we had FOUR DEBUTANTS playing in the same game .... I doubt that has ever happened in the NRL before. Emmett also got injured early in the second half and didn't return.

Our effort was great, and once we have the majority of our best team back on the park, plus perhaps Gasnier (if he ever actually signs with us), we will be very hard to beat.

Congratulations to Canberra, though - they were expected to win today, they needed to win for their season's sake, and they won!

Y2Eel

First Grade
haha seasoned first graders? dragons had 4 on debut. and if you look at the team list probably 5-6 regular first graders. raiders players are all regular 1st graders. theyve been together for the last 1-2 years. im happy to say ill be seeing my team play finals football and raiders wont

I said he ran through your seasoned players in Young Hornby and the LU Liveupdate teams golden boy Soward...

Your Sour grapes are pretty pathetic much like Timmah TBH

Y2Eel

First Grade
Keep stroking it, I hope it makes you feel good.

Something like 13 of the strongest 17 we could have put out at the start of the season were missing today ... and but for a Jon Green dropped ball with the line wide open + a couple of Soward missed goals, we could still have won the game. Canberra were missing 5 players today, so they were also weakened, but we had FOUR DEBUTANTS playing in the same game .... I doubt that has ever happened in the NRL before. Emmett also got injured early in the second half and didn't return.

Our effort was great, and once we have the majority of our best team back on the park, plus perhaps Gasnier (if he ever actually signs with us), we will be very hard to beat.

Congratulations to Canberra, though - they were expected to win today, they needed to win for their season's sake, and they won!

I said he ran through your seasoned players in Young Hornby and the LU Liveupdate teams golden boy Soward...

What am i stroking? i just posted he ran through regular first graders nothing more didnt say the dragons were sh*t wont win again.. FFS :lol:

Danish

Referee
Yes.
More worrying signs if you are a Raiders fan really.
Your all but top flite team couldn't take a team to task missing 10 regular first graders?
They should have walloped Saints, but credit to Saints they hung in there, the game was gone when it got to 22 to 8, but they kept it respectable.

Never mind, I am sure Canberra will play this well in Rd24 when Jeremy Smith is smashing some random Raider across the face with his plastered up arm, Weyman is belting some other Random raider square in the nose and Scott is giving any would be Canberra centre a serious case of "sh*tting out the ribs in the morning"............

:lol:

Yes, the raiders were at full strength.... nevermind Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tongue, Mogg, Galea etc etc.

Fact is the Dragons had 10 players out through injury and state of origin, and the raiders had 11.

You got toweled with less players missing and a massively lopsided penalty count in your favour

Harold Bishop

Juniors
The Raiders were always going to find it hard to lift against a team with so many players out.. You can make a case either way really.

Evenflow

Bench
raiders scored of a lett error. then they scored next set from a penalty. if soward doesnt kick 1/4, dragons where in it the whole way

nothing for the raiders to get excited about

haha seasoned first graders? dragons had 4 on debut. and if you look at the team list probably 5-6 regular first graders. raiders players are all regular 1st graders. theyve been together for the last 1-2 years. im happy to say ill be seeing my team play finals football and raiders wont

You're full of excuses and a real f**king sore loser at that. Suck it up princess you got done by a better side today :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
How sad are the Dragons fans in this thread? f**k me, what a bunch of wankers.

Great win for the Raiders, especially given Steve Lyons's one man crusade to get the Dragons home, giving them no less than 4 incorrect penalties for simply dropping the ball, one leading directly to a try, although the Raiders did get 1 as well. The video ref was also in on the act with what was the worst decision I have ever seen. Absolutely horrendous. Even if Thompson did touch the ball , Nightingale still had control and it came off him backwards, meaning Vidot was onside.

Luke Priddis was a grub, somehow able to start a fight over nothing AND receive a penalty for it at the same time. How he didn't get called for a forward pass I'll never know.

Dragons fans sure don't know how to lose gracefully do they? 11 out of the last 12 against you, suck on that you whinging, moaning scum (directed to the idiots who have contributed to this thread, not the decent Dragons fans ob the forums).

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Never mind, I am sure Canberra will play this well in Rd24 when Jeremy Smith is smashing some random Raider across the face with his plastered up arm, Weyman is belting some other Random raider square in the nose and Scott is giving any would be Canberra centre a serious case of "sh*tting out the ribs in the morning"............

You don't need to hold a PhD in history to remember that Michael Weyman got SNAPPED last time he played the Raiders and Jeremy Smith got so frustrated we were shutting him down he got sinbinned.

You guys don't play that great against the Raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
The bookies had the Dragons as favourites coming into this match so its not like we were expected to win by everyone.

Paullyboy

Coach
I always thought the Dragons fans were more classy than this (Then again, I shouldn't base that opinion based on people on an internet forum, I know I wouldn't like to be compared to some of the Raiders fans on here).

But seriously, all your sob stories are a little sad for you really. We were missing our entire forward pack.

Fensom
Tongue
Learoyd-Lars
Shillington
Josh Miller
Danny Galea

Then if you really want you can add a few others to that list if you really want.

Just face it, you were beaten by the better team.

Ulysseus

Bench
:lol:

Yes, the raiders were at full strength.... nevermind Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tongue, Mogg, Galea etc etc.

Fact is the Dragons had 10 players out through injury and state of origin, and the raiders had 11.

You got toweled with less players missing and a massively lopsided penalty count in your favour

Who the hell are Mogg and Galea? :?

Ulysseus

Bench
How sad are the Dragons fans in this thread? f**k me, what a bunch of wankers.

Great win for the Raiders, especially given Steve Lyons's one man crusade to get the Dragons home, giving them no less than 4 incorrect penalties for simply dropping the ball, one leading directly to a try, although the Raiders did get 1 as well. The video ref was also in on the act with what was the worst decision I have ever seen. Absolutely horrendous. Even if Thompson did touch the ball , Nightingale still had control and it came off him backwards, meaning Vidot was onside.

Luke Priddis was a grub, somehow able to start a fight over nothing AND receive a penalty for it at the same time. How he didn't get called for a forward pass I'll never know.

Dragons fans sure don't know how to lose gracefully do they? 11 out of the last 12 against you, suck on that you whinging, moaning scum (directed to the idiots who have contributed to this thread, not the decent Dragons fans ob the forums).

We are brash, arrogant and rude, much like Max Power.
And that's the way we f**king like it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
How come you guys lose so often to the Raiders. Is it a spooky coincidence that for some reason the Raiders are always playing Dragon reserve grade sides. Pretty lucky for the Raiders.

I seem to remember Mick Weyman getting snapped by Josh Miller ????? and then your entire season going off the rails. I seem to recall that happening. How come we were playing a Dragons reserve grade side that day :lol:

skeepe

Immortal

Raiders had Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tongue, Miller, Fensom, Carney all out missing, all regular first graders.

f**king sore losers the lot of you.

Big Pete

Referee
Good win Canberra, enjoy it.

I was very impressed with some of the rookies on display for both sides. The future of the game looks extremely healthy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
nothing for the raiders to get excited about

Are you kidding?

Raiders were excellent. Winning in Wollongong is tough for anybody, and the Raiders tend to struggle away since they always have such a young side (the Roosters usually buy them before they hit their peak).

Canberra have loads of talent, which they've showed a few times this year. What usually brings them undone is confidence, but every win puts a little bit more in the bank.

Today's game was a great boost to their season; the Raiders were still underdogs despite the players missing from the Dragons. It was much like the Sharks win last night.

Rodent

Bench
It's disappointing to lose under any circumstances and as a Dragon fan I normally hurt after a loss but this one seems like a pseudo loss.
Canberra were better than us TODAY but over the course of a full season we will prove to be a class above them. We will play them once more this year, this time in Canberra where their record against us is incredible. Even if that trend continues, I doubt it would be enough to see Canberra make the finals. They just don't seem to have what it takes to butter up week in week out. That's what I can be proud of with my team. Regardless of the situation, they put in. I'm proud of that.

bmwpower

Juniors
Who the hell are Mogg and Galea? :?

haha i was going to say they have 2 representative players in shillington and lahrs out. we have 6 in origin and 2 internationals in jeremy smith and nathan fien, and an origin prospect in beau scott, and a final minute injury to dan hunt. please enjoy your the rest of your season you fairy raiders.