What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Sat | Cowboys 20-24 Sea Eagles | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

Coach
Simple.
Its because the ref knew he was wrong.

Yep.

Which reminds me, in the earlier match Barrett asked what the difference was between Wednesday nights 'one on one' strip to the one penalised tonight. Ref says something like "the difference is..... *thinks*.... i dont care about that match, im concerned with this game"

Just complete idiots

thommo4pm

Coach
I don't know about it being too courageous....

24-6 up and they damn well should've gone on to win, regardless of the injury to Lyon. Talk about falling in a hole, they fell in a crater!

The Cowboys blew that game big time, they must have bombed at least 4 in the 2nd half.

The 2 points are in the bank....... but the phrase winning ugly, somehow doesn't do what happened out there justice.

While the Cowboys definitely blew some try's, the officials also made sure they were never going to win.
Some of the calls Manly received in the last 20 minutes were dreadful....particularly the knock on call on Bowen....O'Donnell was under the sticks.....26-24 to the Cows with all the running and 5 minutes left.

The pass was forward.

I guess there is a slight problem with it being called late, but better late than never I guess. Can totally see why Thurston blew up.

If there is one game that needs to be shown as a review for inept Referees, I will send the postage money to the Cowboys to mail it down!

imo video refs should be allowed to judge on forward passes. bla bla bla camera angles. Whatever, the refs are always getting it wrong anyway, surely another look could improve things?

I want to know why refs can rule on offisde, but not forward passes which basically require the same actions to determine whether or not it was.

And, why refs can rule on obstructions, something subjective, but not something objective like forward passes.

squiddy

Juniors
While the Cowboys definitely blew some try's, the officials also made sure they were never going to win.
Some of the calls Manly received in the last 20 minutes were dreadful....particularly the knock on call on Bowen....O'Donnell was under the sticks.....26-24 to the Cows with all the running and 5 minutes left.

Robinson is a dead set merkin but he's not alone amongst the refs- he was absolutely woeful tonight and good on JT for ripping into him - had there been a few more minutes cowboys would have won-robinson would have seen to that to even up his blunders

Apey

Staff member
Thurston was swearing while talking to the ref whereas Cross told the ref to "f**k off". Bit of a difference.

pretty sure Thurston said 'get f**ked' to him as he was walking away.

either way, should consider himself lucky he didn't get pinged for it.

Didgi

WHY the f**k was thurston allowed to carry on with the F word about 8 times at the ref and as soon as Cross said something he was marched 10

BAILEY NEEDS TO GO

Two guys come up to you.

One says "Aww f**k, it wasn't a f**king forward pass, f**king come on ref, what the f**k"

The other comes up, straight up, "F*CK YOU REF"

Which is more threatening?

nadine

Juniors
I'll say this even though the Cowboys bombed the tries the big thing for me was the Bowen knock-on. There was no way he knocked that ball on. While the a few minutes later the two Sea Eagles players knocked the ball back and then forward into one of their own players but it was played on.

I didn't put my tips in this week so I had no interest in the overall outcome of the game, just wish the referees would get some decisions right at crucial points of the blooming game. So it didn't cause a what if situation at the end of the game.

innsaneink

Referee
The pass was forward.

I guess there is a slight problem with it being called late, but better late than never I guess. Can totally see why Thurston blew up.
Nope.
Back out of the hands.
The passer happened to get hammered and stopped in his tracks immediately after letting go of the ball, gives the impression the ball is forward much like when a cross field runner drops back after letting it go...it looks forward but isnt out of the hands

Nope.
Back out of the hands.
The passer happened to get hammered and stopped in his tracks immediately after letting go of the ball, gives the impression the ball is forward much like when a cross field runner drops back after letting it go...it looks forward but isnt out of the hands

... Maybe, I guess I'll have to see it again. I remember the same thing happening to Farah against Parra earlier this year and a fair few cried foul.

thommo4pm

Coach
The pass was forward.

The late call cost the Cowboys another 20-30 seconds.
Besides that, the call against Bowen for a knock on was the worst of the night.
O'Donnell was in under the posts.

thommo4pm

Coach
Nope.
Back out of the hands.

Thought the same thing.

roboshark

Coach
Hahaha. Robinson

I tell everyone every week......he is a deadset f**kstick. He is the worst referee EVER, and that is saying something

I despise the twit

innsaneink

Referee
The FOX panel are now saying - as i thought going by where Robinson looked when he ruled forward pass - theyre saying the touchie on the FAR side of the field - 60 metres across field and with 26 bodies not including refs in between him and the play, the far touchie called the forward pass despite the two refs and closest touchie seemingly being OK with it...f**kin amateur hour or what

eagles4eva

First Grade
very lucky win by the lads..

I hope Lyon is ok and not off the field for long

Foran??
Lyon??
Matai 2 more weeks
Wolfman season
B Stewart season

Our backline is looking farked!

very lucky win by the lads..

I hope Lyon is ok and not off the field for long

Foran??
Lyon??
Matai 2 more weeks
Wolfman season
B Stewart season

Our backline is looking farked!

You want to check your 14th man for injuries as well, but that may happen upon departure

Cletus

First Grade
Cowboys were unlucky but that last pass was definately forward. But they had plenty of chances to win that game and kept bombing tries.

Missed the first half, how did Whare go? He looked to be struggling a bit in defence in the second half. Anyway it's a good two points and hopefully Foran is back soon.