What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Sun | Rabbitohs 42-22 Panthers | ANZ

Result: Rabbitohs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

franklin2323

Immortal
This is a danger game imo, one of those games to steer clear from if you want to bet. Panthers deserved favourites but who knows what could happen. Souths have been in pretty good form themselves.

Yep the last few weeks we haven't gotten out of 2nd gear and still won hansomly.

A few things I have noticed with Souths can attack both left and right. And get quick play the balls.

As for us. We get backs and scoot from dummy half Souths don't get back and up quick enough. Also we are great under the high ball Wesser has his moments.

Either way should be a good game high scoring but

Last edited:

The Tank

Bench
We're in form but I think we're pretty not that great. I reckon Souths will get us in this one. Looking forward to seeing Big Sam, though I hope he has a quiet one ;-)

maple_69

Bench
Battle of the forwards will be fascinating. The high profile Souths pack meets Penrith who have an international backrow, Civ, Grant is now dominating and has represented and Kingston won't be far off. Will be a brutal game.

I think we're fairly well matched across the park and it'll come down to whoever wins the battle of the forwards. I'm tipping Lewis to shine.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well Petero Civoniceva is out indefinitely with a fractured hand from Origin 1. That's a massive blow to us against the Souths pack. Shane Elford is out with a torn cruciate ligament. Not really a big loss at all. Although he had been in pretty good form.

I can see Brad Tighe coming onto the wing and Matt Bell shifting to the starting pack. As for who replaces him on the bench it could be anyone... Matt Elliott won't always replace people with someone from the same position. Wouldn't be shocked if our bench had Wade Graham and Masada Iosefa both on it again. Although that would be a huge mistake against the Souths.

Kilkenny

Coach
Frank Pulutea must play in front of Wade Graham. Masada, Pulutea, McKendry and Cooper the obvious bench. ME could not possibly contemplate having Graham on the bench as we would too lightweight against the big souths starting pack and bench. The loss of Petero really swings this one the way of the Bunnies.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Certainly a blow for Petero to miss this game against another big pack. I still believe we can win if they complete our sets well like we've normally been doing. But the last couple of weeks we've started to make more errors. Mediocre teams haven't punished us, Souths on their day are a good team, on an off day they are mediocre. I hope Souths aren't on their game.

Kilkenny

Coach
There are going to be a number of factors in this game which will surely influence the outcome.

Petero being out does not automatically mean we cannot win as the weather and predicted heavy rain will be a huge factor and make the kicking game ever more important than normal.

As is well documented, we have scored more tries than any other side from offensive kicks so that could stand us in good stead. Having said that, in the rain it may be the long kicking game which may be most important and in that department Luke Walsh is not the strongest of kickers.

The Bunnies have one player who is an absolute standout and crucial to there chances. Issac Luke, he is an outstanding player having a super season. We have no nulify him. If he does the business out of dummy half we will be on the back foot andhe will surely lay a platform for a Bunnies victory.

slammingsam

Juniors
Kingston was also very good vs the Dogs in rolling out of dummy half and made some great scoots.

With our big pack - hopefully they dont get exposed in that manner.
Im more then happy to watch Issac do that to your blokes though :D

Asotasi has been cleared to play and i think Crocker will take his place too.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kingston was also very good vs the Dogs in rolling out of dummy half and made some great scoots.

With our big pack - hopefully they dont get exposed in that manner.
Im more then happy to watch Issac do that to your blokes though :D

Asotasi has been cleared to play and i think Crocker will take his place too.

The more I think about this game, the more I think our chances will be enhanced if the heavens open and the ground is a quagmire. I know you should think that way, but without our go forward man and most influential player, I think we probably need other factors to work in our favour. Souths appear to be a relatively full strength while the Panthers have a number of players out thru injury and players who will be playing with injuries. In addition to Petero, Trent Waterhouse has not been able to train fully and is in some doubt.

slammingsam

Juniors
Whether its raining or the sun is out - our handling for the most part has been diabolical. There is a stat flying around where it mentions when we complete over 70% we win.

Last week i think it was 58..
For Souths its as simple as when we roll forward and hold it we are near unstopable.
When you have Burgess/Taylor/Asotasi and the like hitting it up and then Issac running rampant its hard to handle.

Hoping its not wet weather as the kicking game becomes even more important and you guys smoke us in that department.

renouf

Juniors
So are you saying it comes down to how souths play.What rubbish penrith are on top of the table the way they play will have a bearing on the game as much as what souths do will.

Pretty much, without Civo I'm expecting Souths to wear them down in the forwards. Souths forward pack has done this numerous times already this season, sides just can't keep up with the pace that Souths play at. That said Souths are just as likely to not turn up and put in a half assed effort.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010teams-sou-main-ovar.jpg

Rabbitohs new home jersey for the rest of 2010. Supporting Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation - NAB have relegated themselves to the back in support.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
No rain expected till later. GET TO THE GAME!

Forecast for Sunday
The chance of a brief shower but fine for most of the day with sunny
periods. Some rain developing in the evening or overnight. Light to
moderate west to northwest winds becoming fresh and gusty late
morning. Dangerous surf conditions developing later in the day or
overnight, hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing
and rockfishing.

Precis: Mostly fine day. Evening rain.

City: Max: 20 Parramatta: Max: 19
Terrey Hills: Max: 18 Penrith: Max: 19
Liverpool Max: 20 Richmond: Max: 19

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Stupid media hysteria about a storm that won't come will keep people away from this one!

Latest posts