What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Sun | Storm 23-12 Bulldogs | AAMI

Result: Storm v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont care weather its against the new f**ked up rules Finch has brought in or not, i applaud the referee for that ruling on the Blake Green try. anytime before 2 years ago and there isnt a man in the land that would have said that was a try, he had absolutely no control of that footy, he had lost it, if by some chance he lost it and his arm maintained contact, he shouldnt be rewarded for that with a try

i know thats the way its been called but its a f**king ordinary rule and it should be scraped, that wasnt a try 10 years ago, it wasnt a try 50 years ago and it wasnt a try today. I dont care what Finch's new interpretations say, its not a try imo

Apey

Staff member
Reminded me of the Cowboys Manly game.

Bulldogs had ample opportunity to win that game and dominated the second half, but their execution was very poor.

Apey

Staff member
I dont care weather its against the new f**ked up rules Finch has brought in or not, i applaud the referee for that ruling on the Blake Green try. anytime before 2 years ago and there isnt a man in the land that would have said that was a try, he had absolutely no control of that footy, he had lost it, if by some chance he lost it and his arm maintained contact, he shouldnt be rewarded for that with a try

i know thats the way its been called but its a f**king ordinary rule and it should be scraped, that wasnt a try 10 years ago, it wasnt a try 50 years ago and it wasnt a try today. I dont care what Finch's new interpretations say, its not a try imo

completely agree.

I thought it should have been a try under the rules... but with common sense, please, he lost control as clear as day.

completely agree.

I thought it should have been a try under the rules... but with common sense, please, he lost control as clear as day.

Agreed on all of this but you can't just change for this one try after the last few years of "separation" rules.

TheEelDeal

Juniors
Just a very ordinary attacking performance from the dogs. I expected more vs a depleted storm outfit. Credit to the storm and their young kids stepping up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
completely agree.

exactly, i can understand dogs fans having the sh*ts, because with the ridiculous rules and interpretations that Finch has us playing with, it should have been awarded but im so pleased the man in the booth ignored Finch's lunacy and promoted common sense ahead of stupidity
As stated, if that event happened before this absurd "separation" nonsense came in, there isnt an NRL fan in the land that would have pressed the green button and rightly so, clear as day he lost control of the footy and did not score the try.
The rule is wrong, not the decision.

ByRd

First Grade
exactly, i can understand dogs fans having the sh*ts, because with the ridiculous rules and interpretations that Finch has us playing with, it should have been awarded but im so pleased the man in the booth ignored Finch's lunacy and promoted common sense ahead of stupidity
As stated, if that event happened before this absurd "separation" nonsense came in, there isnt an NRL fan in the land that would have pressed the green button and rightly so, clear as day he lost control of the footy and did not score the try.
The rule is wrong, not the decision.
I agree with you 100% but as you said it should of been given a try under the current rules but still no excuses, we were sh*t and did not deserve to win

Last edited by a moderator:

stormbati

Bench
I actually thought the Dogs were hard-done by with the no trys.
In saying that, they got themselves in that position and with the players the storm were missing should of won that.

Idris was shown up bigtime! Romelo looked good when he came on too.

MacDougall and Cronk were superb today.

bmwpower

Juniors
you could give the green try but not the gordon try. they still lose the game. not good enough and wont make the top 8 this year

Just got back...a good entertaining game from both sides.

Storm were strong in the first half and they targetted Idris down his flank and this proved to be a winner.

McDougall, Neilsen and Norrie had strong games for Storm.

The Bulldogs could not hold anything and they appeared flat in attack. They really need Roberts back to get some structure or else they will miss the finals.

The Storm fielded a side that could well look like the side next year...it shows that they hav esome good young players coming through in the likes of Whiddop and Duffie who will make this team competitive for years to come.

Last edited:

Karlos

Juniors
Widdop was impressive, in fact all the young guys played pretty well (got caught out a few times in the second half). The regular first graders lifted in the absence of the big names too, good to get our first win at AAMI.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Bulldogs are the second worst team in the comp after the Sharks.

Good to see the NSW players justifying their selections, particularly Idris. :lol:

Moffo

Referee
we were complete poo today, no chance we will make the 8. horrible team, i thought we overachieved last year and today proved it

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think a lot of our questions can be answered by turfing Blake Green, and bringing in Ben Barba to five-eighth. Green is unimaginative, kicks early far too often, and doesn't read Kimmorley. He echoes John Morris in the overlap-killing stakes too.

All is not lost but it might as well be if we don't get up over the WT's next Friday.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I really like the look of Widdop
if the storm keep slater and the raiders lose dugan, we could do worse than him at the back. Very talented guy imo. Will be one of the best fullbacks in the comp in a few years time, up there with Coote and Dugan imo

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i didn't give the game my full attention, but every time i saw green get the ball it looked like he took the wrong option.

typicalfan

Coach
if the storm keep slater and the raiders lose dugan, we could do worse than him at the back. Very talented guy imo. Will be one of the best fullbacks in the comp in a few years time, up there with Coote and Dugan imo
Can play in the halves or centres as well so you could just get him anyway.

Spot on...Storm will want to keep him though and play him at no 6 once Finch goes IMO.

He is an accurate goal kicker as well and absolutely dominated the U 20 comp last year.

Storm's future will be built on Whiddop, Duffie, Manu and Hinchcliffe. Whiddop will be a superstar of the game and IMO they should let Inglis or Slater go because they will get more value out of Whiddop in the long term...sounds crazy but it is a good scenario.

What people also don't realise is that we have Luke Kelly waiting to get a start and he can play hooker or no 6 as well !!.