What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R13 | Fri | Eels 24-10 Storm | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voltron

Juniors
I have one thing to say:

If Thurston got off his referee abuse charge so that he can play Origin, then Hayne and Slater are going to get off.

Unless Kurt Gidley's dad is on the match review panel that is?

To be quite honest, I thought Slaters forarm was MUCH worse - it's with intent and pre-meditated. That it doesn't hit is absolutely irrelevant. It should attract a much higher charge simply because it was 1 minute after the last incident and clearly he wanted to do something.

Mortimer getting sent to the bin was geniused - he tries to come in and protect his team-mate - just a classic example of Archers incompetence.

i agree
slater was much worse
intention and premeditated
he saw the opportunity and took it
he should be off for a few weeks too

nehalem

Juniors
Storm are eating scrotum tonight.

Mannah was dynamite off the bench, in fact the forward pack was really giving it to the storm. How was billy not placed on report? Biff with hayne and then 1 minute later takes it upon himself to give him a forearm in a 4-5 man tackle?

skeepe

Immortal
Hayne should have been sent off. I don't care how soft the headbutt was, it's a mandatory send off. The referee had no choice.

Spuddicus

Juniors
Storm are eating scrotum tonight.

Mannah was dynamite off the bench, in fact the forward pack was really giving it to the storm. How was billy not placed on report? Biff with hayne and then 1 minute later takes it upon himself to give him a forearm in a 4-5 man tackle?

That F'ING dog Hayne headbutted slater

forearm didn't touch that F'ING dog Hayne

skeepe

Immortal
Cameron Smith has been a complete and utter wanker tonight. Gee I wanted to see him get smashed. That elbow on Mannah in the leadup to the last try was a shocker.

dragon_around

Juniors
709205round13.jpg

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors

Exactly right and listen to the wankers in the commentary already trying to talk it down so he doesn't get charged. I hope Hayne gets many weeks the dirty piece of crap!

abpanther

Staff member
f**ken awesome game to watch as a neutral, plenty of niggle and passion in this one...

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Exactly right and listen to the wankers in the commentary already trying to talk it down so he doesn't get charged. I hope Hayne gets many weeks the dirty piece of crap!

Settle down you clowns. What Hayne did should see him get a week or two given the points he has from last year, but the forearm, whether it missed or not, should see Billy out for twice as long.

The 'headbutt', if you can call it that, was in the heat of the moment after Billy jumped up & grabbed Hayne by the collar. I guess Billy was just frustrated after what, the 3rd tackle on him by Hayne after the kick? The coward then comes in a minute later trying to forearm Hayne in the back of the head while he is being tackles. Far worse. Shows a lack of balls as well.

Anyway, good to see the true premiers get on top tonight. Top match. Mannah & Hindmarsh should get a look in for Origin. I'd like to see Hayne & Billy both in again, especially if Haynes at fullback, though both should miss Origin 2.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Slater is a big man whern his team-mates are holding an opposition player or they are prone on the ground. Wish Hayne had have connected properly with that headbutt.

Having said that, skeepe is right (can't believe I just typed that), Hayne should have been sent. And Billy should get a number of weeks for his attempted elbow/forearm smash to the back of Hayne's head. However, like many I hope they can dream up some technicality to get them both off so we can have round 2 in Origin 2.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

They're both F'ING dogs. It'd be the first time ever that Slater has gone for a cheap shot and missed if that is the case. Slater is one of the biggest grubs in the game

Eelementary

Post Whore
As disappointed and disgusted as I am by Hayne's actions, I have to say - Slater's was grubbier IMO.

When Hayne headbutted Slater, they were standing toe-to-toe.

When Slater tried to hit Hayne, he did it from behind as he was being tackle by two other men. Pretty cowardly IMO.

But yeah - Hayne is just...GAH!

Not one of Archer's better games IMO..Hayne should have been walked for his actions and then he starts lecturing the players about how they have too much to lose with silly actions.

Glenn

First Grade
Not one of Archer's better games IMO..Hayne should have been walked for his actions and then he starts lecturing the players about how they have too much to lose with silly actions.

Walked for that, please put down your Storm coloured glasses for one minute if you can seriously say that was send off worthy then surely Slater a couple of minutes later should have been marched for a intentional elbow/forearm.

Or in about the 33rd minute of the first half, Hayne makes a break up touch line and slips over, Finch completes the tackle and Slater comes sliding in with the knees.

Walked for that, please put down your Storm coloured glasses for one minute if you can seriously say that was send off worthy then surely Slater a couple of minutes later should have been marched for a intentional elbow/forearm.

Or in about the 33rd minute of the first half, Hayne makes a break up touch line and slips over, Finch completes the tackle and Slater comes sliding in with the knees.

Okay...I must have missed the fact that headbutting a player accidentially happens during play.

Thanks buddy..

Latest posts