What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R13 | Sun | Warriors 20-22 Dragons | Mt Smart

Result: Warriors v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iafeta

Referee
The refereeing was abysmal alright. It seemed nearly every 50/50 call they had they got wrong. We benefitted from a dodgy goal line drop out was one that stunned me. I didn't think Soward's pass was forward, then again I didn't think the pass that Ukuma Ta'ai got pulled up for to put Vatuvei away was forward either. It was out of the hands backwards and as a lot of long spiral passes do, floated considerably forward. In saying Soward's pass wasn't forward, I think Kane Stanley threw about 6 forward from dummy half. Weyman seems to rely on a gridiron pass to get on the front foot.

This is a tough season for us, I'm not overly disappointed TBH. If anything, this season is a great opportunity for a lot of young lads to become educated in what is required to be an NRL pro, and that's leading to the current inconsistencies. A bit more experience under their belts from this season is all good in my book.

Gutsy game, the real test is now whether they can get over the disappointment and rebound for a Gidley-less Knights.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
dragons looked shaky under the high ball all day, and our two do-or-die kicking options late were grubbers that did well to even get through the line.

thommo4pm

Coach
The refereeing was abysmal alright. It seemed nearly every 50/50 call they had they got wrong. We benefitted from a dodgy goal line drop out was one that stunned me. I didn't think Soward's pass was forward, then again I didn't think the pass that Ukuma Ta'ai got pulled up for to put Vatuvei away was forward either. It was out of the hands backwards and as a lot of long spiral passes do, floated considerably forward. In saying Soward's pass wasn't forward, I think Kane Stanley threw about 6 forward from dummy half. Weyman seems to rely on a gridiron pass to get on the front foot.

This is a tough season for us, I'm not overly disappointed TBH. If anything, this season is a great opportunity for a lot of young lads to become educated in what is required to be an NRL pro, and that's leading to the current inconsistencies. A bit more experience under their belts from this season is all good in my book.

Gutsy game, the real test is now whether they can get over the disappointment and rebound for a Gidley-less Knights.

I agree with you about the forward pass call against the Warriors. I'm a very biased Dragons fan I know, but I thought that call against you was clearly wrong.

I'm not sure how they called a forward pass on Hornby to Boyd in the first half either....the Ben Creagh knock on call was quite possibly the worst call of the match.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree with you about the forward pass call against the Warriors. I'm a very biased Dragons fan I know, but I thought that call against you was clearly wrong.

I'm not sure how they called a forward pass on Hornby to Boyd in the first half either....the Ben Creagh knock on call was quite possibly the worst call of the match.

I agree with you on all counts. Hornby's pass was definitely backwards. Flat at absolute worst. Creagh... yeah, that was a bit... weird. The next bounce from his touch was about a metre behind him.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
In the first half, the set before Mannering's try. The bomb is not defused, Morris fumbles it into Brown who tries to grab at it and it goes over the dead ball line. Should have been a 20m restart to the Dragons.

:? Have you forgotten the knock on rule? How was that not a knock-on by Morris?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'll have to have a look again, but I think his fumble went backwards TBH.

I thought it went clearly forward but each to his own I guess. Knock-on by Morris was the call anyway, only genius Costigan thought the refs had missed Brown's touch.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Morris knocked it on. It went over his shoulder, but he was facing the dead-ball line. Knock-on in-goal. Drop out was the correct call.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
by the way, did the dragons have 14 on the field at one stage late in the game?

i saw one of their trainers going absolutely f**king ballistic on one player (the #16 if i recall correctly) telling him in no uncertain terms to get off the park, and i never saw anyone come on to replace him. it was just after the warriors cocked up one of their late attacking opportunities i believe.

thommo4pm

Coach
by the way, did the dragons have 14 on the field at one stage late in the game?

i saw one of their trainers going absolutely f**king ballistic on one player (the #16 if i recall correctly) telling him in no uncertain terms to get off the park, and i never saw anyone come on to replace him. it was just after the warriors cocked up one of their late attacking opportunities i believe.

16 was Trent Merrin, he was probably getting the sh*t yelled out of him for attempting a stupid offload down in your 20m zone on the 1st tackle, when Priddis knocked on. There was only 6 minutes left at that stage.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
16 was Trent Merrin, he was probably getting the sh*t yelled out of him for attempting a stupid offload down in your 20m zone on the 1st tackle, when Priddis knocked on. There was only 6 minutes left at that stage.

i only caught part of it and it looked like he was trying to rejoin the line when he'd been subbed, but you've got a pretty likely explanation. non-issue, just curious.

Latest posts