What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Fri DH | Broncos 12-22 Panthers | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Country Bronco

Juniors
Broncos have been going great guns of late. Forwards and defence have been a shining light in all those performances i expect them to keep it going against a panthers side which has a good backrow but not enough upfront to dominate the broncos pack. Broncos by 16.

mxlegend99

Referee
Broncos have been going great guns of late. Forwards and defence have been a shining light in all those performances i expect them to keep it going against a panthers side which has a good backrow but not enough upfront to dominate the broncos pack. Broncos by 16.
Broncos defence has been great, but the good thing about the Panthers attack is we're not relying on being able to crack opposition defence to score points. :lol:

I'm still leaning toward the Broncos here. But not because of their defence... because of ours (being non-existent). :( If Frank Puletua is on the bench and we drop Nathan Smith, our front row shouldn't be too bad. Although if we go in with just McKendry on the bench, we're definitely going to struggle upfront.

Eaglestar

Juniors
i doubt lockyer will back up after great origin game effort.. Broncos will still win with or without him. All their younger players playing to well and gelling great as a team

Country Bronco

Juniors
New possible line up as Setu, Anderson and McGuire will not play.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Matt Gillett 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Ashton Sims

franklin2323

Immortal
Just spotted Petero with game bag. May of just trained only would be a big lift if he played. I noticed he was high fiving and shaking hands fine after Origin so maybe he's a late starter

chrisD

Coach
So many tries coming from kicks and so few from our halves unleashing our outside backs is a valid concern, but we have contested kicks better than any other team this season and so to some degree it's something to be proud of. Elliot has been saying all the right things but seemingly doing nothing on the park about it, giving Jennings a license to roam and run from dummy half, as effective as it has been, and it has been effective, is not nearly enough.

Fortunately the answer may be forced on us through injury. Graham is by nature a better ball player than Walsh and Burns (combined), and him starting the match with the expectation he'll play the full 80 excites me a fair bit. Hopefully he'll be able to wrestle some quick ball from Walsh (who in the past has gotten far too much of our quality ball at the expense of Graham) and show his ability to distribute it cleanly and fluently out wide.

Not so concerned with the result, more concerned with how Graham goes. I think Brisbane will be there grand final day, if we can make it there depends on our ability to improve from here, and I've pinned alot of my hope for that on Graham.

benntash

Juniors
Just spotted Petero with game bag. May of just trained only would be a big lift if he played. I noticed he was high fiving and shaking hands fine after Origin so maybe he's a late starter

Massive lift for us if he does play.. Got a preety good feeling bout this game

Big Pete

Referee
Panthers won the Toyota Cup game 28 points to 20.

Good win for them, Harry Siejka scored a hat-trick.

Doomednow

Bench
I'm working a night job tonight, so I've only got the nrl.com live scoreboard. Guess I can't even post spoilers in the spoilers thread if its a delayed telecast...