What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Fri DH | Broncos 12-22 Panthers | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daddycool

Juniors
Very good win for the Panthers. Beating Brisbane at Suncorp, on the roll they've been on.......

They're looking very good.

beads6

First Grade
Broncos didn't turn up and the Panther are an under-rated side IMO. Broncos have a habit of losing the ones at Suncorp they really should win.

Doomednow

Bench
Couldn't actually watch the game, only had the live scoreboard. Just wondering how we scored our tries? Kicks or not?

user_nat

Coach
Couldn't keep the good form up forever. Congrats to Penrith.

By the looks of it we didn't deserve to win, but have to wonder what might have been with that fair try allowed.

skeepe

Immortal
Good start to the tipping for me after an horrendous round last week.

Good to see the Panthers doing well despite the coach. Reminds me of us in 2003, coincidentally also Elliott's 4th year at the Raiders

murraymob

Coach
huge effort from the penrith boys as usuall copped it in the penalty count

Tim Grant great game.He keeps getting better and better.Next year may even be knocking on the door of origin

Wade Graham has to be the 5/8 with him there there was far more ball movement.Burns is back next week but it will be from the bench

Lachlan Coote is all class .Lets hope they tie that extension up real fast

GongPanther

Referee
Really impressed with the improvement in attack.

Was more impressed with the defensive effort.

Steady as she goes as we stay up the ladder.

Big Pete

Referee
huge effort from the penrith boys as usuall copped it in the penalty count

Please, aside from one soft penalty (Penrith received one too) your boys got a fair rub of the green tonight.

Not to say you didn't deserve the win, your forward pack dominated ours, Walsh was good off the back of it and Coote was a superstar. It's good to see some of your true supporters rewarded.

Broncos were disappointing tonight, they let themselves down in a lot of areas. Hopefully they address it.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We won the game on defence. Bell and Grant were admirable in stepping up with no Petero. Coote just gets better. First win over the Broncos since 2007, hope we can keep up the wins.

Doomednow

Bench
Please, aside from one soft penalty (Penrith received one too) your boys got a fair rub of the green tonight.

Not to say you didn't deserve the win, your forward pack dominated ours, Walsh was good off the back of it and Coote was a superstar. It's good to see some of your true supporters rewarded.

Broncos were disappointing tonight, they let themselves down in a lot of areas. Hopefully they address it.

Cheers. Numbers do show that we usually come up short in penalties though. For this game at half time the count was 5 - 1, full time 8 - 3. Happens most weeks. Maybe we deserve it but we aren't a dirty team and even at home we cop it pretty lopsided.

Not complaining much as long as it isn't costing us games.

Big Pete

Referee
I know what you mean, but tonight the refs certainly favored Penrith, a lot of those penalties were very cut and dry stuff. (Jennings never getting square at marker, accidental offside, etc.)

But yes, Penrith were just the better side tonight. Coote and Walsh were classy with the ball in hand while the forwards defended brilliantly.

Enjoy the two points.

innsaneink

Referee
You wont be complaining either no doubt about incompetent refereeing contributing to your winning games.

Fair first try not even looked at????

First try, changes the enitire complexion of the game....Panthers should be buying lottery tickets, badger should be sacked

pantherz9103

First Grade
Obviously Broncos should've had a try early and it may have been a different game, the game I expected really. I thought we were gonna be outplayed by a red hot Broncos side, but we were lucky they had an off night and we did well to capitalise. Probably should've won by more but that's what we still need to improve on, showing more killer instinct and finishing teams off.

Big Pete

Referee
That was a bad call, but we've received fortunate calls in the past too. It's apart of the game really.

Broncos let themselves down tonight, they had chances and they kept making mistakes with the ball in hand. No excuses.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I go to Brisbane in 2008 and 2009 and we get smashed both times. I couldn't get leave cause of the EOFY and miss the Brisbane trip and we bloody win!

Grant,Puletua,Bell and McKendry laid an excellent platform. Just kept going forward the whole game. Petero back next week too :D

innsaneink

Referee
That was a bad call, but we've received fortunate calls in the past too. It's apart of the game really.

Broncos let themselves down tonight, they had chances and they kept making mistakes with the ball in hand. No excuses.
Was way worse than a bad call.....unforgiveable from so called professional referees
Its not like it was a split second decision that had to be made either....these abysmal calls DO affect all teams, some more than others, the comps uneven enough as it is....I can forgive human error but this was a doozy.

Will cost a team massively one day

Rant over

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah I understand and it was a bad call.

But I don't want to use it as an excuse for tonight. Broncos had their chances and they blew them.

user_nat

Coach
We didn't play like a team that deserved a win.. but we very well could have without that call. Who knows what effect that will have on our season as a result.

Ordinarily I don't care about referees errors this much, they make errors, but that was certainly a video ref situation.

Latest posts