What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Sat | Sea Eagles 26-25 Rabbitohs | Brookvale

Result: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Saturday 19 June 2010, 7:30pm AEST - Brookvale Oval
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials: Luke Potter and Jeff Younis; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Sea Eagles
:
1. Ben Farrar 2. Michael Robertson 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Tony Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Shane Rodney 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Joe Galuvao 15. Brent Kite 16. Matt Cross 17. George Rose; Reserves: 18. Chris Bailey
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Beau Champion 4. Colin Best 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garret Crossman 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrell 17. Jason Clark

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19402

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What are you smoking Timmah, your last two comments have barley made any sence.
Well I haven't been smoking barley, that just wouldn't make sense.

RE: my two comments

a journo saying "hopefully" regarding a player coming back from injury is a throwaway line and shows poor research, unless a quote can be attributed to an official or player from the club. As it turns out he was right in this case but even so, "hopefully"?

as for my remark at Terry Randal, there's been plenty of bitter comments from Manly fans in the past 24 hours since the signing of Hokko became official...

MSIH

Bench
He put Foran in the same category as Hokko, as in they're both playing like sh*t. We're still focused on 2010 not 2011 and Hokko's form is a worry. We won't focus on 2011 just yet, even though you'll obviously have to. Saying that Hokko has been playing like sh*t is hardly bitterness towards Aaron Groome, sorry Trent Hodkinson leaving.

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
Well I haven't been smoking barley, that just wouldn't make sense.

RE: my two comments

a journo saying "hopefully" regarding a player coming back from injury is a throwaway line and shows poor research, unless a quote can be attributed to an official or player from the club. As it turns out he was right in this case but even so, "hopefully"?

as for my remark at Terry Randal, there's been plenty of bitter comments from Manly fans in the past 24 hours since the signing of Hokko became official...

Shows poor research :lol: What is he meant to say if even the club were not sure or giving much away? Maybe? Could be? Might be? At the end of the day its the same sh!t. I am sure I saw/heard someone from within the club say they hoped Lyon would be back.

Plenty of bitter comments from some fans. Some drop kicks even want him dropped, even if he is the best option. Makes no sense to sacrifice 2010. If I was the kid I probably would have taken the cash on offer but I hope he does not progress too much more. That might be seen as bitterness but if he kicks on and we struggle to find a decent half it hurts knowing we had him. Rather think we made the right choice not to offer a big contract to him.

NGR

Juniors
Why do star players always come back (injury, suspension etc) against us... Flip a coin and you have your winner, too tight to call...

timmah: you are a gronk

Eaglestar

Juniors
Eagles to win and get back on track. Good 2 see Matai back after suspension. I hope Lyon and Watmough back then they win easily.

Bumble

First Grade
Timmah is the authority on good journalism, after all :lol:

Anyway, both teams looking to bounce back - Aren't we last start winners at Brookvale? That's something I guess...

zombie jesus

Staff member
Get on Merritt 1st/last try scorer, has a habit of bagging tries against us, double last year and a hat trick the year before I think.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Timmah is the authority on good journalism, after all :lol:

Anyway, both teams looking to bounce back - Aren't we last start winners at Brookvale? That's something I guess...

Yeah, beat us at Brookie last year, last few seasons we have traded wins, end the season 1-1, your blokes turn this time maybe.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Manly Sea Eagles v South Sydney Rabbitohs
GREG PRICHARD
June 18, 2010
]Saturday, Brookvale Oval, 7.30pm
Referees: Shayne Hayne, Jason Robinson
Head to head: Sea Eagles 68, Rabbitohs 56
Last clash: Sea Eagles 30-22 at ANZ Stadium (rd 8, 2010)
TAB SportsBet: Sea Eagles $1.57, Rabbitohs $2.35
Footytab: Rabbitohs (+4.5)
The Sea Eagles look a lot better balanced in their backline this week, with centres Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai returning from injury and suspension respectively. It's been a bit-parts backline in recent weeks, and the Sea Eagles have had trouble scoring points as a result. They have lost their last two home games, when they simply couldn't keep pace on the scoreboard with the Broncos and Titans. Back at home, and under pressure to win, they are bound to muscle up for this game.
The Rabbitohs were missing a heap of forwards because of injury, suspension and representative duty when they lost heavily on the road to the in-form Broncos last weekend. But they get most of those players back for this game. They really missed the size and drive of Englishman Sam Burgess and Queenslander Dave Taylor against the Broncos, and will look to that pair to crack this game open for them. Full-strength Rabbitohs teams belted the Panthers and Cowboys immediately before the Broncos game. They are right in this.

Source - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-v-south-sydney-rabbitohs-20100617-yjpl.html

Bumble

First Grade
Get on Merritt 1st/last try scorer, has a habit of bagging tries against us, double last year and a hat trick the year before I think.

Just back Watmough, Merritt and Steve Menzies all to score.

I know he's in England but he always finds a way to score against us..

Daddycool

Juniors
The Sea Eagles are capable of winning this but, coming off 2 losses compared to 2 wins for Souths....... How aren't the Rabbits favorites?

Manly to win (I hope)