What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Sun | Sharks 4-22 Dragons | Toyota

Result: Sharks v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cleary89

Coach
Fair enough, Morris ran into him.

BTW when did the rule change regarding strips in the tackles?

Barrett was moving across field, into his line, also dropped the shoulder. Seen penalties not given for more, and given for less. Either way, time probably shouldn't have been called off.

When watching the replay, worked out it was because the trainer said to the touchie that he was down injured. Apparently this rule is only for when someone is seriously injured, but never seen any rule like that in the rule book. Commentators saying saints abused the rule.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The commentary was like listening to the kiwi commentators cream themselves over the Warriors losing a game.

Good effort from the boys to get that win, Sharks gave us everything they had and only came away with 4 points. We've turned winning ugly into an art form.

The Gallen no try could have gone either way, I personally thought it was a double movement but it deserved to go to the man upstairs. Morris was taken out by Barrett, should have been a penalty. The lopsided penalty count was a bit ridiculous but LOL @ any sharks fan who says the ref cost them the game. You spent half the game camped on our tryline and scored only one try which could have been called a forward pass

SHARK_4_06

Juniors
We lost cause the dragons had awesome defence.you gotta give credit where credit is due.. Any other team and we prob could have scored 20-30 points.

Like stuart said in the press conference it wasn't the refs fault we lost.

Big difference from playing the roosters and playing the dragons.

I didnt get to have a good look of the morris try off soward bomb in the second half? did creagh get a touch and did it go forward??

STG-Dragon

Juniors
We lost cause the dragons had awesome defence.you gotta give credit where credit is due.. Any other team and we prob could have scored 20-30 points.

I didnt get to have a good look of the morris try off soward bomb in the second half? did creagh get a touch and did it go forward??

Nope Barrett touched it!

Jason Maher

Immortal

Difficult to tell to be honest. Barrett certainly got a touch, Creagh you can't really tell. I thought he had an air swing because the ball appeared to be behind his hands on the front shot at the same moment it looked like he might have touched it on the rear shot. Barrett certainly got the first touch, so I'd say we would have got a scrum feed 10 out if the try had been disallowed.

squiddy

Juniors
He should have sent it upstairs, where it would have promptly been ruled a double movement and penalty to Saints. There is no way on earth it was a try. Gallen's momentum was stopped with 3 players on him, then he clearly made a second effort to get the ball on the line.

So jason - if you want to talk about momentum being stopped how was Saints last try a try ? Scott was certainly stopped before popping a pass out the back and there is an argument that Nightingales momentum was also stopped before he reached over . Scott was stopped for almost 10 seconds before he passed ,

Ribs

Bench
The Dragons had been worn down and were ripe for the picking until Archer stepped in.
That's all there is to it.

You would have to be the biggest sook in here lol thanks for the entertainment.....

Yeah you guys were robbed and we got 2 penalties all day..... Gold!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
So jason - if you want to talk about momentum being stopped how was Saints last try a try ? Scott was certainly stopped before popping a pass out the back and there is an argument that Nightingales momentum was also stopped before he reached over . Scott was stopped for almost 10 seconds before he passed ,

There is a simple call of "held" in this game of ours. The ref didn't call it and Scott offloaded. As for nightingale putting the ball down, he was constantly moving (albeit slowly), there was still momentum... Again, no call of held.

Gallen's "no try" was a clear double movement, the ball hit the ground and he progressed it further. You got another 2 tackles to attack our line due to the poor decision.

Jason Maher

Immortal

The ref hadn't called held for the Scott pass, end of story. As for Nightingale's try, perhaps you missed my post earlier in the thread where I stated I thought it was a double movement? The mitigating factor (unlike Gallen's effort) is that his arm never hit the ground, but I personally thought the tackle was well and truly completed.

Gaba

First Grade
a few things could have happen in the nightingale incident
1- penalty for a head high tackle on nightingale , that was the first offense if nightingale ruled not to scored

2- Wasnt that far off being a possible 8 point try, nightingale foul just before he made the try scoring movement .