What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Sun | Tigers 18-8 Raiders | Leichhardt

Result: Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
I wondered that too
isnt striking at the ball with the feet a penalty in those circumstances... should have been a penalty try i think

100% correct under the laws of the game. Add that to the invisible touch by Monas that allowed the Tigers possession for Fitzhenry to score, and you have a massive turnaround.

MacDougall

First Grade
All my pre game crap aside that was a great game. Canberra had a good dig and certainly far from disgraced themselves. The Tigers can count themselves lucky to have won. Lucky that they are SO GOOD.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm not going to lay the slipper into Campo like a lot others probably will, but he did single-handedly give the game to the Tigers with his two horrible kicks in the last 6 minutes when we led by 2 (one out on the full, one dribbled a metre)

Davester

Juniors
Some Raiders supporters get it, some don't. For those that don't, the Raiders had their fair share of chances to put themselves ahead in the game but didn't capitalise on those chances. The same goes for the Tigers, they didn't until right at the end. That's how it went, that is how it ended.

Refs had some bearing but I wouldn't say it completely influenced the game like some deluded people on here. :?

Should be a good game
think the tigers could end up winning but we've got a really strong and mobile pack, if Campese has an on day, we'll win
if not, we'll lose

Right on the mark that one.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
lol@ Tigers fans. They are nowhere even close to the best attacking team of the last 20 years. Canberra 94, Brisbane 98, Parra 01 would lap the current Tigers team in that regard. And to talk about Tigers and defence in the same sentence is surely a jest?
Funnily enough only the Dragons, Eels and Storm have better defence this season, in terms of points conceded, although slightly flawed due to differences in amount of byes each side has had.

Bench
100% correct under the laws of the game. Add that to the invisible touch by Monas that allowed the Tigers possession for Fitzhenry to score, and you have a massive turnaround.
What about the Raiders first try,McKinnon had 2 in the tackle,they raked the ball forward,or Mckinnon drops it back,McCrone knocks on trying to score and Canberra get the scrum feed and score.
The refs were bad both ways,but as usual some Raider fans can't see this.

MacDougall

First Grade
Funnily enough only the Dragons, Eels and Storm have better defence this season, in terms of points conceded, although slightly flawed due to differences in amount of byes each side has had.

If you take out that one random thrashing it makes it look better.

steven_tiger

Juniors
Sheensy hooked the useless hack midway 2nd half.

Turn it up.

McKinnon I thought looked good in his first game for the club. Made one error at the back which almost cost us a try, but aparet from that he was safe and was sniffing around the rucks.

He'll be a good signing.

steven_tiger

Juniors
By the way, he was 'hooked' because he hasn't played for several weeks and wouldn't have gone the distance.

Jason Maher

Immortal

Penrith are 2 points better, and Manly are 2 points worse but have played an extra game. So in reality the Tigers are 6th overall in defence.

The full stats (points per game)

Dragons: 22.4 (5) - 10.5 (1)
Penrith: 27.2 (1) - 19.8 (5)
Wests: 22.2 (6) - 20 (6)
Titans: 22.1 (7) - 22.4 (10)
Manly: 22 (8) - 18.7 (4)
Roosters: 22.8 (4)- 23.7 (12)
Souths: 26.8 (2) - 21.6 (7)
Brisbane: 23.9 (3) - 22.1 (8)
Parra: 16.3 (15) - 17.2 (3)
Warriors: 21.1 (10) - 25.3 (14)
Canberra: 16.4 (14) - 22.2 (9)
Cronulla: 14.2 (16) - 24.2 (13)
Bulldogs: 20.2 (12) - 22.5 (11)
Knights: 20.6 (11) - 26.1 (15)
Cowboys: 17.6 (13) - 27 (16)
Melbourne: 21.5 (9) - 15.4 (2)

innsaneink

Referee
We got lucky.....both teams blew chances, thankfully we took one right at the end.
Exhausting day
Tough for us next Friday, hard match short turnaround

Raider_69

Post Whore
We got lucky.....both teams blew chances, thankfully we took one right at the end.
Exhausting day
Tough for us next Friday, hard match short turnaround

agreed
i was thinking on the way home that we were unlucky not to win that one, and the tigers were lucky to win, but then had it gone the other way, the same could have applied

just one of those games were both sides could have felt unlucky/lucky pending on which side of the result they were on. Good tough game though

Rovelli

Bench
What would impress Tigers' fans (like myself, my second team) - they have grafted their last two wins and are now on a row, with four wins in a row (and a bye sandwiched in there too). They had to fight to beat the Bulldogs in the wet a couple of weeks ago, and today they had to battle against a decent Raiders side.

innsaneink

Referee
What would impress Tigers' fans (like myself, my second team) - they have grafted their last two wins and are now on a row, with four wins in a row (and a bye sandwiched in there too). They had to fight to beat the Bulldogs in the wet a couple of weeks ago, and today they had to battle against a decent Raiders side.
Yeah, I suppose so. We lose these games in the past.
Some more metre eating forwards wouldnt go astray...touch footy wont help us in the semis

Latest posts