What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R18 | Fri | Roosters 18-14 Rabbitohs | SFS

Result: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 10972

Yeah I've calmed down a bit since the end of the game and I watched the replay of that a dozen times and couldn't work out wtf happened...after SKD passes the ball you see the touch judge signal a forward pass. Didn't look forward but he was right in line so maybe it was.

Both forward packs were great. At times, it was semi-final quality. I just wish f**king Carney would stop getting MoM everytime he plays us.

I actually think it was that last pass (not sure if it was SKD) to Aubusson that was called forward. Possibly Minichiello's pass?

The decision that gave Roosters the piggyback for their last try...well, the same could be said for both of Souths tries. The first one was for a supposed 'high shot' that was questionable at best. The second was two blatant dropped balls by Souths from loose carries.

Regardless, the referee didn't have the best night, but the result was fitting. No foul play, most of the tries came on the back of pretty average calls, BUT the Roosters made it count when it mattered.

I hope Sandow shuts his mouth now on the field now. Aimed up hits on our blokes back in our own half, but defending on his line the rat got steamrolled by Aubusson, who really isn't THAT big.

Bman26

Juniors
Getting 2/2 and getting to Skeep blow his top plus have Dragons and Souths fans bickering about Melbourne in an unrelated match thread. Priceless.

Good game, ref's had their usual performance, disallowed try, dodgey penalties, missed errors. This is part and parcel of NRL now. Happy to see Souths lose because I can't stand their little gangster signals they make when they score tries.

NGR

Juniors
It's interesting that with all the talk about the play the ball penalty, no one has offered an explanation as to why the Rooster's first try was disallowed?

Wasnt a forward pass..

But there was a knock on when the rooster player was trying to regather, tapped it into a souths player going for it, bounced back into his arms then he passes and the rest is history...

innsaneink

Referee
Champion shouldnt have been penalised...Auibusson pushed him into the tackled player, who was kicking out at Champion.
Enjoy your leg up Rorter fans...what goes round etc etc

CMUX

Roosters toughed it out to win and deservedly in my opinion.

Souths had the opportunity to lock it away but didn't.

We seemed a bit flat after the bye which is to be expected.

The refs were spastics but what else is new, especially with Robinson the merkin.

PS. Skeepe, your efforts here qualify you in The Burrow mate. LMFAO!!!!!!

Thanks for the objective opinion mate

IMO there was another key moment of the match that no one has mentioned and that is the try saving effort from Linnett and Carney just before half time. It was a well worked play by souths and Linnett did wonderfully well to tackle merritt and Carney was there in cover. IMO if Souths had of scored that they would of went on with it.

@ Skeepe your are a f**king clown mate. You are the only person that has some how seen an offside in the roosters first try and those ridiculous comments you made the whole game just show what a pathetic individual you are.

On to the refs issue, no the refs did not have the best game and a couple of decisions went both teams way and perhaps the most crucial went our way. However I don’t think it was the most outrageous penalty ever given.

Bman26

Juniors
In reference to my previous post, I've had this made. I think it's justified based on their behaviour after they score tries.

g00o99a9.jpg

TheDalek079

Bench
Champion shouldnt have been penalised...Auibusson pushed him into the tackled player, who was kicking out at Champion.

mate, he was hanging around the play the ball, trying to slow it down. Maubs gave him a slight push to move him out the way. he continued to try and interfere. Maubs gave him a big shove and Champs dives into the player playing the ball and conceeds a penalty. If BC moved away to begin with there would have been no penalty and redfern would be celebrating.

Danish

Referee
Yeah I've calmed down a bit since the end of the game and I watched the replay of that a dozen times and couldn't work out wtf happened...after SKD passes the ball you see the touch judge signal a forward pass. Didn't look forward but he was right in line so maybe it was.

Both forward packs were great. At times, it was semi-final quality. I just wish f**king Carney would stop getting MoM everytime he plays us.

I agree, watches the replay when I got home and it was about the best game I've witnessed between our sides.

Robinson's impact I think was negated since just about EVERY time he put the whistle in his mouth it was an incorrect call

Galeforce

Bench
Roosters , played better overall i thought , Souths should have won it if they controlled the ball at the end . Souths could not and whether the last penalty was a wrong decision , it does not matter , Souths SHOULD HAVE HELD them if they reallly were deserving of a win.

Anyhow , i still think Souths have a shot at the premiership , IF they can make the final 8.They are at a huge risk now to miss the 8 as they do have a hard draw.

Danish

Referee
Just watching the replay again this morning and noticed another Robinson f**k up, this time something that didnt effect paly at all but just showed his complete lack of understanding of the rules.

In the 2nd half a souths player got injured when Jake Friend kicked out on the full. Robinson packed down a scrum, then allowed Souths to interchange. Interchanging at the scrum is not allowed, and the replacement shouldn't have been allowed to take the field until the 1st tackle.

As I said, completely nill effect on the game, but just a completely incorrect ruling which any 1st grade or park footy ref should know

adamkungl

Immortal
What a game. Stellar effort from both sides, worthy of a finals clash. Hope souffs make the 8 so we can do it all again

eddy2

Juniors

Yeah which is why we did win. We were put in a dodgy position in the warriors game a few weeks back. Consider the last soft penalty an equalizer for the PERFECTLY LEGIT first try that wasn't counted. If you were as hungry or as deserving for a win in such a close game then your defense should have been able to hold us at bay. Sour grapes.

Up Easts! Great game.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Was so happy to see Sandow miss the tackle on Aubs for the last try. Not sure there's a player in the league I dislike more than him.

Bumble

First Grade
Why's that? Because I'm calling out a f**kwit? Don't worry you're right up there too.

Nope, you're just embarrassing yourself. Here's a tip noob - when neutral fans start calling you out, that's when you know you've lost.

Latest posts