What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R18 | Mon | Eels 36-24 Cowboys | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gotta wonder what some of the parents these days teach their kids, what a little dickhead.

As for the clusterf**k over Hayne, get real. The Eels are going nowhere this year, tonight was further evidence. Conceding 24 points against the team coming "last" is something they won't be proud of.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gotta wonder what some of the parents these days teach their kids, what a little dickhead.

As for the clusterf**k over Hayne, get real. The Eels are going nowhere this year, tonight was further evidence. Conceding 24 points against the team coming "last" is something they won't be proud of.

adamkungl

Immortal
LOL at turdstone giving an eels fan his headgear only for the kids to through it back over the fence.

:lol: I did something similar when I was about 7...ran into Terry Lamb at a junior game, Dad was gonna get him to sign my ball but im like "sif Bulldogs"

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Timmah for your insight for the eels, no bias whatsoever.

Occasionally your posts have some sense, as usual when it the Eels in particular you get very testy. They may have enough to turn your lot over in 2 weeks, Dogs are hardly awe inspiring whern Ben Barba isn t there

Eelementary

Post Whore
What a little sh*t, dead set no appreciation even if he was an eels fan or not. JT specifically handed it too him as well when others were grabbing at it

Yeah I agree. That was a shame. Thurston went out of his way to give that little kid his headgear and the spoiled runt throws it back over the fence. Extremely disrespectful and I actually cringed watching it.

:lol:

Cry me a river.

He's a smart kid, and realises that JT is not the role model he's looking for. Good on him. JT is a precious sh*t, and a horrible sport.

beave

Coach
I would like to officially apologise to any neutral fan who had to watch that abortion of a game.

Matt Bowen, seriously, now that he lacks the speed, he really offers us very minimal in a football player. This whole club needs a shake up from top to bottom. There's only about 6-7 players in the top 25 squad that deserve to play for us next year, pity that we have no choice on a lot of the underperforming players because our inept management signed some of the muppets to long term deals. I cannot wait til the day Carl Webb leaves this team. I bet if it was a big mac he wouldn't have dropped it. He typifies this whole joke of an organisation, don't let the door hit you on the way out fat boy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would like to officially apologise to any neutral fan who had to watch that abortion of a game.

Matt Bowen, seriously, now that he lacks the speed, he really offers us very minimal in a football player. This whole club needs a shake up from top to bottom. There's only about 6-7 players in the top 25 squad that deserve to play for us next year, pity that we have no choice on a lot of the underperforming players because our inept management signed some of the muppets to long term deals. I cannot wait til the day Carl Webb leaves this team. I bet if it was a big mac he wouldn't have dropped it. He typifies this whole joke of an organisation, don't let the door hit you on the way out fat boy.

Speak for yourself - it was worthwhile just seeing the Haynetrain get back into it just to see the hating muppets come out of the woodworks.

TheFrog

Coach
Kind of scary to think that Parra is only 2 points outside the 8. Shows the lack quality teams in this years comp.

Parramatta have won 7 of their 16 games. The 7th, 8th and 9th placed teams have all won 8 of 16, exactly 50% and so sit just in and just out of the 8, as you would expect, with Parramatta 2 points behind, just as you'd expect. What all this has to do with quality of teams is completely beyond me. We could have 16 teams all as good as the Queensland Origin team, but the one with 7 wins from 16 would still be one win outside the 8.

All these teams would be a place further back if Melbourne were playing for points, but Parramatta would still be one win shy of 8th place. All this means is they have to win 5 of their remaining 8 to qualify in 8th place. They certainly have the ability to do this, but it remains to be seen whether it happens.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Speak for yourself - it was worthwhile just seeing the Haynetrain get back into it just to see the hating muppets come out of the woodworks.

get back into it???

he was playing against the North Queensland Endeavour Foundation rep team FFS.
Hayne is a good player, no doubt in the world, but up against my mob is not really an opposition that you are going to brag about.

Eelementary

Post Whore
34,000 posts.. I bet you glow in the dark. :lol:

Indeed I do - I'm also smarter than you, as I clearly know how to use an ellipsis, as opposed to that double full stop aberration you used.

But pray - keep going off topic if it gives you satisfaction. It certainly does to me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
get back into it???

he was playing against the North Queensland Endeavour Foundation rep team FFS.
Hayne is a good player, no doubt in the world, but up against my mob is not really an opposition that you are going to brag about.

I don't really care either way. I'm mainly responding (mostly in jest) to the brigade of Hayne haters.

Regardless of who he lined up against, he had a mighty game. But I am under no impression that this is "the Eels kick-starting their season". We're done and dusted, and rightfully so.

beave

Coach

Cry me a river.

He's a smart kid, and realises that JT is not the role model he's looking for. Good on him. JT is a precious sh*t, and a horrible sport.

oh please.

If that was Hayne giving his boots to some kid in the crowd anywhere else in Oz, and the kid acted the same, you would have a tanty.

Any kid should be grateful that a player of that calibre shows that sort of attitude towards kids, f**k me, people bang on about how selfish and f**ked up our players are these days and you have what happened there tonight in that incident. At the end of the day, the kid may not be a Cowboys or QLD fan, but he should show some sort of gratitude in receiving such a 'gift'. I gurantee you that if the same kid went up to JT and asked for an autograph and presented JT with a piece of paper and JT threw it to the ground like that kid did with the headgear, every f**ker in this website would be carrying on like a twinkie lining up for tickets at a sold out lady ga ga concert.

Last edited:

fourplay

Juniors
Indeed I do - I'm also smarter than you, as I clearly know how to use an ellipsis, as opposed to that double full stop aberration you used.

But pray - keep going off topic if it gives you satisfaction. It certainly does to me.

:lol: @ someone with 34,000 posts bragging to strangers on the internet that he's smarter than them.. LOL

Now I see why you prefer to do all your social interaction online.. ;-)

African Monkey

First Grade

Cry me a river.

It's disgraceful behaviour from the kid. The kid should be thankful to receive such a gift from one of the best players in our game. I'm sure many other kids out there would be.

oldmancraigy

Coach
oh please.

If that was Hayne giving his boots to some kid in the crowd anywhere else in Oz, and the kid acted the same, you would have a tanty.

Any kid should be grateful that a player of that calibre shows that sort of attitude towards kids, f**k me, people bang on about how selfish and f**ked up our players are these days and you have what happened there tonight in that incident. At the end of the day, the kid may not be a Cowboys or QLD fan, but he should show some sort of gratitude in receiving such a 'gift'. I gurantee you that if the same kid went up to JT and asked for an autograph and presented JT with a piece of paper and JT threw it to the ground like that kid did with the headgear, every f**ker in this website would be carrying on like a twinkie lining up for tickets at a sold out lady ga ga concert.

Well it's a bit different mate.

The kid doesn't like Thurston - nor does he have to. The kid is not paid to play some sport (as far as we know) and certainly is NOT in the public eye all the time.

He can do what he likes with the head gear- the fact that he threw it away is NO slight on the kid at all, but rather says something about Thurston. How come a kid (even at an opposition ground) would want to chuck away the head gear of one of the games premier players?

Because Thurston carries on like a tosser? yeah.

And for the record, if Benji Marshall had given the kid hi headgear I'd bet $10 that the kid would keep it.

It's all on Thurston - if he wants to go on chucking tanties and behaving like a goose on the field he can't expect the fans off the field to respect him AT ALL. Let's hope the headgear chucking continues until JT learns a lesson?

Cannot believe you're coming on here bagging the kid and not JT..... wake up!!!!

user_nat

Coach
Whilst beating the last place team is hardly an amazing accomplishment.. they'll probably build some confidence out of it.

Parra Guru

Coach
It was a 5 year old kid who probably felt a sweaty stinky object and threw it. I saw them after the game and they had the headgear in hand.

Anyone who thinks it was because he was ungrateful, or that he despises Thurston is kidding themselves.

Grow up FFS.

Parra Guru

Coach
Matt Bowen, seriously, now that he lacks the speed, he really offers us very minimal in a football player. This whole club needs a shake up from top to bottom.

tbh what do you expect from an aging player who's returning from a knee reconstruction?? I actually thought he looked the most dangerous with the ball in hand.

adamkungl

Immortal
It was a 5 year old kid who probably felt a sweaty stinky object and threw it. I saw them after the game and they had the headgear in hand.

Anyone who thinks it was because he was ungrateful, or that he despises Thurston is kidding themselves.

Grow up FFS.

Also - kids are stupid. They don't think about things like being respectful when the only thing in his mind is high fiving Hayne or something. Who gives a f**k