What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Mon | Raiders 22-14 Broncos | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
Vidot had a bad game under the high ball but every other aspect of his game is very good. He's a great finisher, strong defender, he's fast, hits the line hard... he is potentially the best winger we have had since Nagas.

skeepe

Immortal
Very happy with the result, especially the defence, just brilliant. Apparently the Broncos were perfect in the second half, with no penalties conceded despite some blatant offsides, but who cares.

Defend like that and we win a lot of games this year. Anybody doubting the Raiders forward pack needs to see this game.

Great to see Dugan back to his best, and a big wrap to James Stuart, great debut.

Crowd looked a lot bigger than 14000 as well.

legend

Coach
We need some of our experienced players back as the youngsters are losing the plot late in games, with no direction. Crokers chip was a bonehead play. Waddell had an absolute shocker apart from decent defence. Our forwards drop far too much ball. Troy Thompson is not a first grade player and once Miller and Tom are back, Thompson should be sent packing.

If we play like that against the Gold Coast, they will put 50 on us with consumate ease.

yeah we are usually a whole lot better at home, that said last year it took us one or two games to get started even at home so im happy with the result need a big improvement against the Titans away.

adamkungl

Immortal
Raiders defence in the majority of the second half had me sh*tting bricks (I tipped them). They were atrocious, Broncos were making far too much ground far too easily. They manned up in the final 10 to hold on by a bees dick.

But wow, Raiders stats were bad. 49 missed tackles, 18/38 completions. No right to win a game with those numbers, but somehow they did.

Big Pete

Referee
That's why stats. aren't the best indicator.

The Raiders were always in control of that game and were really just toying with the Broncos in that first half with some very high risk razzle dazzle football. Whenever they made mistakes it was usually in good field territory and the two times that they did cough up the footy in bad territory, the Broncos just threw the ball away.

Second half is a different story, but they were always on the ball the Raiders. Only one of the Broncos tries really came easy otherwise the Raiders knew how to slow down the ruck and defuse any oppurtunities for the Broncos.

The scary thing is they can only improve.

Paullyboy

Coach
I haven't seen the stats, but was the second half the most lopsided possession count ever? I remember about 20 minutes in the Fox Sports stat said the Broncos had more than 70% of possession for the half, and it didn't really change until the final 2 minutes.

It was tough to watch (particularly considering I was getting ready to cash in my Raiders 13+ ticket at half time), but happy that the boys could hold on and win despite playing well below their ability - that's something Raiders teams have struggled with a lot

*Paul*

Juniors
Raiders defence in the majority of the second half had me sh*tting bricks (I tipped them). They were atrocious, Broncos were making far too much ground far too easily..
lol, it was our 2nd half defence that won us the game. 9 out of 10 times, faced with that mountain of possession against them, a side would've folded. 17 sets in the middle of half two, we had 3 of 'em

adamkungl

Immortal
lol, it was our 2nd half defence that won us the game. 9 out of 10 times, faced with that mountain of possession against them, a side would've folded. 17 sets in the middle of half two, we had 3 of 'em

Yes they held on, but Broncos were making huge ground with ease. A more dangerous side would have converted this into points imo. That said, the last 10 minutes was some of the best desperation defence you will ever see, and they were rewarded in the end.