What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 28-20 Panthers | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
Cowboys finishing fast.. again.

Lets see if they can get the points this time.

edit: Darn you Shorty, stealing my words.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Looks like another year when we hover around the 8 but have a -100 differential by Round 24

pantherz9103

First Grade
pathetic 2nd half. Just when you thought this year might be different for the Panthers, more of the same rubbish! gtfo Elliot!

No way we'll make the 8 with the Walsh grubber as our main attacking weapon! Jennings the season has started, so why haven't you turned up!

nqcowboy87

Bench
scrum with three seconds to go and cowboys feeding:p
those panthers jerseys are terrible.
with the cycllone bearing down there was a low crowd there it kinda reminded me of the crowd we use to get pre 2004

Big Pete

Referee
The risks finally paid off for the Cowboys and their forwards were able to get into the match.

That left hand side for the Cows is mighty imposing.

user_nat

Coach
The way the Cowboys have played the last 2 weeks won't work on the better teams in the comp.

Teams like the Storm aren't going to let them have their comeback.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Have to say- Gordon and Jennings defence was laughable for the Bani try. The Bolton try shouldn't happen to a First Grade side. The Cowboys are nothing special and we blew a 12 point lead against them. Bad signs for the season, I fear a 6th straight year of f**k all from the Panthers. I can't imagine a more frustrating team to support.

Luke Lewis showed how important he was to side. No passion or desire with him off the field.

Big Pete

Referee
The first Bolton try?

Yeah, I agree.

But to be fair, the Cowboys in North Queensland is always a tough prospect and when they get some momentum they're very hard to peg back.

They just need to work on some fundamentals really, oh and hope that Bowen returns as fit as he was in 2007...but that isn't going to happen.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The first Bolton try?

Yeah, I agree.

But to be fair, the Cowboys in North Queensland is always a tough prospect and when they get some momentum they're very hard to peg back.

They just need to work on some fundamentals really, oh and hope that Bowen returns as fit as he was in 2007...but that isn't going to happen.

Cowboys are nothing special. They were lethargic for much of the game and then Thurston scoops up a difficult pass and sets up Tonga and the momentum changes. Penrith have a good record traditionally in Townsville and I thought it would continue, it wasn't good enough to implode like the way we did. Two weeks in a row we've failed to turn up in the 2nd half. Last week we were just lucky that Purtell came up with an intercept try.

Such patchy performances can't fill Panther fans with confidence that 2010 will be any different from the last two years. Show promise, then stutter mid season, then completely implode at the end of the season.

Fibroman

First Grade
Kick from Cowboys into a penrith player, not played at....ricochette one metre backwards. Penrith player away in space. Called back by the officials for offside. Cowboys score in the next couple of sets.

Thurston cut out pass on their 40 metre line. Cowboy winger receives the pass 3 metres in front of their 40m line. Not called forward.

Two crucial decisions resulting in a 24 point turn around.

Also Cowboys standing off side for the bulk of the 2nd half. We were clearly the better side. Cruelled again by sub standard refereeing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kick from Cowboys into a penrith player, not played at....ricochette one metre backwards. Penrith player away in space. Called back by the officials for offside. Cowboys score in the next couple of sets.

Thurston cut out pass on their 40 metre line. Cowboy winger receives the pass 3 metres in front of their 40m line. Not called forward.

All of this is correct... well except the 24 point part. It was actually only 18 points as the forward pass would have just been a scrum to us and we wouldn't have scored.

Also Cowboys standing off side for the bulk of the 2nd half. We were clearly the better side. Cruelled again by sub standard refereeing.
I have to disagree here. While we had two harsh decisions that directly resulted in points, the Cowboys were going to win that game no matter what. While we were the better side for the majority of the game, when we switched off we were absolutely pathetic.

Our team is f*cking shocking when it comes to a single momentum changing decision. Other teams will put it behind them and move on... we just die until the momentum shifts back to us (ie. Purtell intercept last week). This time we didn't get lucky and momentum stayed with the Cowboys.

It's going to be hard to make the finals when the team switches off so easily. IMO the safe money is on us not to make the finals.

mxlegend99

Referee
Also... we have to have the worst gameplan in the NRL when we can't get the ball to our best player atleast once every two sets. I don't think he has actually gotten a clean ball once in the past two games.

Talanexor

Juniors
All of this is correct... well except the 24 point part. It was actually only 18 points as the forward pass would have just been a scrum to us and we wouldn't have scored.

I have to disagree here. While we had two harsh decisions that directly resulted in points, the Cowboys were going to win that game no matter what. While we were the better side for the majority of the game, when we switched off we were absolutely pathetic.

Our team is f*cking shocking when it comes to a single momentum changing decision. Other teams will put it behind them and move on... we just die until the momentum shifts back to us (ie. Purtell intercept last week). This time we didn't get lucky and momentum stayed with the Cowboys.

It's going to be hard to make the finals when the team switches off so easily. IMO the safe money is on us not to make the finals.

Burns looked good for you guys when he got the ball. He put in a couple of good kicks under pressure - wish he'd had that in his game while he was with us.

The whole Panthers team just went to sleep in the last half hour of the game. I think you need to move Jennings back to the left and find a way to get Coote more involved. Also, Walsh has a good short kicking game, but he overdoes it. Putting it through the hands was probably the better option in a few situations for Penrith tonight.

shear_joy9

Coach
if the panthers don't want to use jennings there are plenty of other teams that will take him off their hands. Are they afraid of tiring him out? Jennings must take some blame aswell. He should be going infield looking for the ball instead of kicking dirt on the touchline.

Canard

Immortal

What the f**k!!!

Two decisions resulted in a 24 point turnaround??

Thats probably the biggest whinge EVER on this site

Latest posts