What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 28-20 Panthers | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
You have massive problems, gymp, like those whistle happy gymps they call referees.

is that the best you can come up with?????

You could have used any retort under the sun from "Redneck" to "Cowgirl" and you elected to use that $hit????

Keep digging your hole champ, though coming from Penrith, you probably couldn't come from a bigger one in all honesty.....................;-)

Big Pete

Referee
We've had an uphill battle against the officials for a long time. At least we never had to buy a competition.

:lol: Keep digging that hole. At the end of the day your side was inferior to the Cowboys.

By the by, the Panthers were pretty eager about joining said competition.

Fibroman

First Grade
Not digging a hole. I just call 'em as I see 'em. It's part of the beauty of the western suburbs where the people are real....not like those pretenders blowing whistles that have had a set against Penrith for years.

Kilkenny

Coach
Hate blaming referee's particularly when I haven't even watched the game so I cannot comment on any of the call's during our game against the Cowboys.

Whether you like it or not, there are such things as home town decisions and the higher profile and better supported sides definitely benefit from 'home' town decisions.

There has been some research done on things such as penalty counts etc in respect of all NRL sides and it makes interesting reading when you look at who finishes in front of the count.

I am sure we lost against the Cowboys because of our own inadequacies but at the same time (without even watching the game) there were probably 50-50 Townsville calls that would have went against us.

Forget the Panthers, the sad thing about our game is the referees to often determine the outcome of games and not the players on the field and that is a fact.

Kilkenny

Coach
You didn't watch the game yet you felt like commenting on the referee's?

You miss the point I am trying to make.

I was not trying to make excuses for the inexcuseable. Forget the outcome of the Panthers v Cowboys we were clearly not up to the job over 80 minutes.

However, generally, referees too often determine the outcome of games? Whether it is as a result of penalties, video ref decisions, forward pass decisions or failure to call same, etc etc.

The speed of the game determined the need to have two on field officials. Despite having another two sideline officials, which makes four in total, it seems we cannot even get the basics right such as ' forward' pass rulings.

The Panthers ended up getting the two points against the Raiders in round 1 despite two on field referee decisions which were clearly determined to be totally incorrect and which got the Raiders back in the contest leading to converted tries.

The Cowboys beat the Panthers 28-20, they have secured the two points, it's history now. The Panthers were not good enough to finish off the job they had apparently created for themselves in the first 2 thirds of the game. We are used to that because we are probably not good enough. Sad but true. No excuses.

beave

Coach
Nice post Kilkenny, good to read some posts from a Panthers fan that isn't childish rhetoric about 'we wuz robbed'.....................

Big Pete

Referee
That's all well and good but to assume the Cowboys received all the 50/50's despite never watching the game is silly. Assumptions generally are stupid.

And yes, there are game's in Rugby League where the referee play a pivotal role but it's been that way since the introduction of the game. The only difference is the commentators tend to focus on the reffing performance more than it did in the past. That, and there are too many grey area's in the rulebook that lend themselves to interpretation. If the rule book was written in black and white it'd assist the refs greatly.

However, Saturday night's game wasn't decided by the referee's. In the end, the Cowboys were just too good and were able to outlast the Panthers.

Fibroman

First Grade
That's all well and good but to assume the Cowboys received all the 50/50's despite never watching the game is silly. Assumptions generally are stupid.

And yes, there are game's in Rugby League where the referee play a pivotal role but it's been that way since the introduction of the game. The only difference is the commentators tend to focus on the reffing performance more than it did in the past. That, and there are too many grey area's in the rulebook that lend themselves to interpretation. If the rule book was written in black and white it'd assist the refs greatly.

However, Saturday night's game wasn't decided by the referee's. In the end, the Cowboys were just too good and were able to outlast the Panthers.

Wrong again, you twit. Cowboys finished the game stronger and got the points, but crucial 50/50 decisions went the way of the cowgirls and as per usual, the ref decided the game.

We copped bad calls against Canberra as well, and luckily got away with the game, so it's not just sour grapes about losing, it is the fact that I've had a gutful of inept referees determining the result of the game.

I hate Manly, but I would be filthy if I was a Manly supporter and saw my side lose because a ref couldn't work out that a pass was 5 metres forward.

Fibroman

First Grade
Nice post Kilkenny, good to read some posts from a Panthers fan that isn't childish rhetoric about 'we wuz robbed'.....................

Not childish rhetoric, you galoot. Making a valid point about two decisions in the game that went the way of the cowgirls at critical points. I can run through it again for the slow learners if you like.

Fibroman

First Grade
You plebs are the ones that are struggling. I'm on the front foot slog sweeping you gymps to the pickets.

Once again, the common sense of the western suburbs prevails. That why the refs hate Penrith so much....because we are always right!

lsta5838

Juniors
Kick from Cowboys into a penrith player, not played at....ricochette one metre backwards. Penrith player away in space. Called back by the officials for offside. Cowboys score in the next couple of sets.

Thurston cut out pass on their 40 metre line. Cowboy winger receives the pass 3 metres in front of their 40m line. Not called forward.

Two crucial decisions resulting in a 24 point turn around.

Also Cowboys standing off side for the bulk of the 2nd half. We were clearly the better side. Cruelled again by sub standard refereeing.

I noted this on the Panther's forum but not sure if anyone responded. Out of the hands, I thought the pass was foward too.

Also, in the lead up to Bolton's second try (I think it was second, not the one where Gordon stuffed up at marker), I thought Bani and a Panther's player contested the ball, and it initally came off Bani foward, but was ruled a Panther's knock on. This was the play just before the cowboys were not awarded the try due to a foward pass. Long story short, it should have been a Panther's play the ball, not a Cowboys repeat set leading to them scoring!

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys finished the game stronger and got the points, but crucial 50/50 decisions went the way of the cowgirls and as per usual, the ref decided the game.

Yeh right thats why we have that stunning record of about 12wins in the last 2 seasons combined.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Well Canard you filthy grub, Atleast we are a TEAM! Unlike the cowgirls who are a 1 man team. Thanks to that wingnut Thurston (whom by the way needs headgear to pin those ears back).

Oh and how was the cyclone champ? Is your record breaking petrol station sales up or did the cyclone blow them away?

Talanexor

Juniors
Well Canard you filthy grub, Atleast we are a TEAM! Unlike the cowgirls who are a 1 man team. Thanks to that wingnut Thurston (whom by the way needs headgear to pin those ears back).

Oh and how was the cyclone champ? Is your record breaking petrol station sales up or did the cyclone blow them away?

Whatever helps you sleep at night mate. You played as a TEAM and lost as a TEAM. You team sucked hard in the second half - just accept it and move on, instead of blaming the referees.

Big Pete

Referee
You plebs are the ones that are struggling. I'm on the front foot slog sweeping you gymps to the pickets.

Once again, the common sense of the western suburbs prevails. That why the refs hate Penrith so much....because we are always right!

:lol: I just love it that you of all people is using that word.

You know when posters are struggling when they play the man rather than the football.

But yes, you can carry on and clutch at your staws. I hope you soon realize it won't change anybody's mind nor cause anymore concern. Everybody's too busy looking forward to the weekend now.

Canard

Immortal

What the hell are you talking about?? Petrol station?? Ya Filthy grub, where did that come from??

And how in the hell does that address the arguement I was making that we have won about 20% of our games in 2 years and apparently "get all the calls from the ref"??