What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 28-20 Panthers | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kilkenny

Coach
This morning when home alone I watched the replay, albeit, fast forward to the game's key moments.

There were 50-50 decisions with clearly went against the Panthers which were a major factor in determining the outcome of the game.

Had one decision in particular not gone against the Panthers it is probable our fans would have been celebrating a victory as opposed to a loss which leads me to my original point which is referees far too often determine the outcome of a game as opposed to the players.

Like many other games, this is another example of the officials making a critical call which turns momentum, which leads to significant turnarounds, often 12 point turnarounds.

The Panthers were the better side for 60 minutes and lost. The on field officials played a significant role in the momentum shift during the 20 minutes or so the Cowboys were able to build momentum.

This is not about sour grapes, rather about a much bigger issue, effecting many more games than those just involving the Panthers and until the NRL do something constructive to address the issue we will continue to have these debates which is sad.

Latest posts