'10 | R20 | Fri | Bulldogs 16-32 Eels | ANZ

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers' started by Timmah, Jul 18, 2010.

?

Result: Bulldogs v Eels

Poll closed Jul 23, 2010.
  1. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

34.6%
  2. Parramatta Eels

61.5%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

3.8%
  1. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. Luke Patten 2. Tim Winitana 3. Josh Morris 4. Shane Neumann 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Barba 7. Brett Kimmorley
    8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Ryan Tandy 11. Jamal Idris 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg

Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Michael Hodgson 16. Gary Warburton 17. Blake Green

[​IMG]

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Jeff Robson 7. Daniel Mortimer
    8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange: 14. Kris Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore
    Reserves: 19. Jonathon Wright ​

[​IMG]

Referees
    Tony Archer and Gavin Badger
    Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner
    Video Referee: Bill Harrigan​

Toyota Cup Round 20
    Bulldogs v Eels @ ANZ, Fri 5:20pm​

NSW Cup Round 20
    Canterbury (CBY) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ The Crest, Sat 3:00pm
    Wentworthville (PAR) v Auckland (NZW) @ Ringrose Park, Sat 3:00pm​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. 0neye

0neye Bench

THE DOGGIES WILL SPOIL THE PARRA PARTY BY 80:cool::cool::cool::cool:

3. dogz08

dogz08 Bench

lol Dogs by 1

4. natheel

natheel Coach

Eels by 8

5. Timmah

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs v Parramatta Eels
    Friday 23 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST, ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
    Referees: Tony Archer and Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Bulldogs: 1. Luke Patten 2. Tim Winitana 3. Josh Morris 4. Shane Neumann 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Barba 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Ryan Tandy 11. Jamal Idris 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg
    Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Michael Hodgson 16. Gary Warburton 17. Blake Green
    Eels: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Jeff Robson 7. Daniel Mortimer 8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo
    Interchange: 14. Kris Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore; Reserves: 19. Jonathon Wright

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/a_liveupdate.php?matchid=943

6. Mitchsu Danger

Mitchsu Danger Juniors

eels by as many offloads they make

7. petetheileet

petetheileet First Grade

if dogs can tackle they will win!

8. Rovelli

Rovelli Bench

Really tough one to pick. Canterbury have been looking much better of late, but last week's loss really hurts. Their season is now on the brink, and they only afford 1 (at max) loss from here on in. They might win the fights, but they don't look like winning the war. Parramatta just needed something to get them going, and another performance this week will keep them in the right direction. Parra in a close one to snuff out the Dogs' chances.

9. Eelectrica

Eelectrica First Grade

What I don't understand is why Parra are favorites?
    Of late the Bulldogs have been in far superior form. Parra beat the Cowboys in Parra. Sorry Cowboy fans but that's not exactly a huge achievement this year. Then beat Penrith who virtually hit the dressing sheds after literally being up by 22 after 22 minutes.

I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm struggling to see an Eels victory. I guess the Sunday afternoon game and the nature of it could take a bit out of the dogs who have to back up this Friday. And the dogs have done a bit of extra travelling of late which could take bit of a toll.

10. sharko

sharko Juniors

This match is too tough to pick.

The forward packs look good on paper with Hannant and Stagg and Ennis against Hindmarsh etc, but I do not know why Mannah and Poore are starting on the bench.
    It will be the forwards who win it for their team, the backs will be made to look good on the back of their work.

It may come down to the referees alas, Archer and Badger, and the hot head in Ennis may get him into trouble, he has had issues with Archer before I recall. If Ennis gets binned for playing dirty, then Hayne may step up and run through them. I hope it does not come to this but it is possible.
    Be a good match regardless.

11. bazza

bazza Coach

I am picking parra for the win

12. Brutus

Brutus Referee

Canterbury have an obvious advantage in the forwards, especially with Leabeater and Peter Wynn dropping out of the Eels' pack (although Wynn's crabbing across field irks me).

I like this young Gillespie; he hits like a cement truck and Kelly, Tunksy and Folksy never take a backward step. Langmack is really using the ball well lately and he could be the X factor although Raymond Price will be keen to sort the young punk out.

Look, Bulldogs by 4 but only because of the their pack and the predicted weather. You can never be sure when these two teams play. Any team with Kenny and Sterling in the halves cannot be simply ignored and I like the look of this young Brian Jackson fella in the centres. The Crow will be back from his eye injury in a couple of weeks, so Jacko may have to shift to the wing.

I'm off to the TAB to put my Footy Tab on. Prof John Crocher gave me couple of tips.

BTW, I hear the Eels are looking at signing Bob Linder for next season. Is this true...?? He's bit injury prone.

13. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

This game isn't difficult to predict at all,Eels own this Doggies team and will win in a canter,they have won the past 3 encounters comfortably.

26-10

22-12
    27-8

There is a reason the Eel are favoured by 6.5 this week and its because the Hayne train is going to dismantle the Doggies.

LOL @ this Doggies team upsetting the Hayne train on friday night

14. Jason Maher

Jason Maher Immortal

Haynetrainset shows his quality yet again.

That said, Parra by 18 or so.

15. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Parra by a Burt field Goal.

16. CMUX

CMUX Guest

Are you suggesting that the Dogs will never beat Parramatta again?

Dogs have to be due a win over them but i am still going Parra by 4

17. SDM

SDM First Grade

He conveniently omitted the first time we played in 2009 where the Dogs gave Parra a touch up.

18. Napoleon Bonaparte

Napoleon Bonaparte Juniors

Eels will win the football game.
    Bulldogs will win the street fight.

19. Timmah

We beat Parramatta 48-18 in Round 6 last year. While Parra have been dominant over us of late, we have beaten them recently.

20. SDM

SDM First Grade

48-18 was still embarrassing for the dogs becasue they let that giant blouse Weller Hurauki score 2 tries.