What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R20 | Fri | Bulldogs 16-32 Eels | ANZ

Result: Bulldogs v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I'm absolutely furious. This had all the makings of a great game with a classic finish, and those two utter merkins in pink have single-handedly ruined it.

Robert Finch must go NOW!

He is a sinner!

Footy-Fan

Juniors
How the f**k wasn't Mannah held then? Refs have been so far in favour of the Eels it's criminal.

And now another bullsh*t penalty!

Can you back up your claims with a few examples? All I've seen was an early forward pass (arguable) let go & the Hannet/Hayne thing. For the other way around, I saw Goodwin drop the ball in the Eels 10 & it was let go, & an arguable forward pass by the dogs let go.

Or are you just upset about the Dogs losing & venting a bit of steam here?

skeepe

Immortal
Can you back up your claims with a few examples? All I've seen was an early forward pass (arguable) let go & the Hannet/Hayne thing. For the other way around, I saw Goodwin drop the ball in the Eels 10 & it was let go, & an arguable forward pass by the dogs let go.

Or are you just upset about the Dogs losing & venting a bit of steam here?

In the first half, Hayne tried to play the ball before getting to his feet - which is against the rules - and mad an absolute mess of it. Instead of a penalty to Canterbury, which was the correct call, Hayne received a penalty. The Eels scored from the resulting set.

The very next Eels try came off a blatant forward pass.

Ib the second half, the refs made two very crucial and very incorrect decisions that killed the game. Moi Moi drops it cold, yet gets a penalty. The Eels get 2 points as a result. Then there's Haynes's dive off the mist innocuous of touches. The Eels get 2 points as a result.

I'm not a Dogs fan, so I have no vested interest here. I just hate seeing such disgraceful decisions turn games the way they did tonight. In both halves, the Dogs were getting themselves back into the game before the abhorrent calls.

Robert Finch us an absolute incompetent, and his incompetence is ruining rugby league.

By the way, what's up with the constant database errors? It's f**king annoying.

EelDredd

Juniors
In the first half, Hayne tried to play the ball before getting to his feet - which is against the rules - and mad an absolute mess of it. Instead of a penalty to Canterbury, which was the correct call, Hayne received a penalty. The Eels scored from the resulting set.

Ib the second half, the refs made two very crucial and very incorrect decisions that killed the game. Moi Moi drops it cold, yet gets a penalty. The Eels get 2 points as a result. Then there's Haynes's dive off the mist innocuous of touches. The Eels get 2 points as a result.

I'm not a Dogs fan, so I have no vested interest here. I just hate seeing such disgraceful decisions turn games the way they did tonight. In both halves, the Dogs were getting themselves back into the game before the abhorrent calls.

Robert Finch us an absolute incompetent, and his incompetence is ruining rugby league.

Isn't it time to take your meds? :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
How the f**k wasn't Mannah held then? Refs have been so far in favour of the Eels it's criminal.

And now another bullsh*t penalty!

Only decisions that 'favoured' the Eels were the 2 late penalties.

Mannah gets penalised for 'laying in the ruck' about 1/10th of a second after the tackles someone, Dogs are in the ruck all night long.

The penalty that Moi Moi milked was fine - they were trying to roll him on his back using the ball, so they stripped it.

The one on Hayne has been that way all year (like it or not) - when playing the kicker and not the ball, if you make contact (however pathetically soft) penalty.

they 'favoured' the Eels - but only in that the rules dictated it.

Call the wahmbulance skeepe...

Binga

Juniors

:lol::lol: Only dodgy call was the Hayne Hannett incident. There was a few forward passes let go by each team, but thats footy.

The Hayne Kimmorley incident was clearly a penalty to Parra. Hayne made a good run, Kimmorley made a desperate one on one tackle, but since the bulldogs didnt dominate the ruck, hayne had every right to try and get up quickly to play the ball. The only problem was that Kimmorley still had hold of haynes leg when he got and and tackled him again, forcing hayne to lose the ball. Penalty every day of the week.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol::lol: Only dodgy call was the Hayne Hannett incident. There was a few forward passes let go by each team, but thats footy.

The Hayne Kimmorley incident was clearly a penalty to Parra. Hayne made a good run, Kimmorley made a desperate one on one tackle, but since the bulldogs didnt dominate the ruck, hayne had every right to try and get up quickly to play the ball. The only problem was that Kimmorley still had hold of haynes leg when he got and and tackled him again, forcing hayne to lose the ball. Penalty every day of the week.

Incorrect. Hayne placed the ball before regaining his feet. Automatic penalty to the Bulldogs then and there. If you still want to argue, I suggest you read the laws of the game first.

Glenn

First Grade
And would have been on his feet to play the ball before it was on the ground had Kimmorley not slowed him down

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm not a Dogs fan, so I have no vested interest here.

Yeah right - no vested interest...

Skeepe's vested interest = "I hate Hayne and am not happy that he can do things that Dugan can't even dream up"

Hayne didn't place the ball before regaining his feet - he was up to one foot/one knee - the referee had told Kimmorley to get out - fair penalty.

Forward pass from Reddy to Inu? Fair point - but (sadly) those are 'play on' material in every game of footy.

Forward passes from Barba and Ennis? Those were wickedly bad.

If you seriously think the Eels were allowed to lay in the ruck longer than the Bulldogs then you're not anywhere near as impartial as you think!

the refs let a few things go just to keep the flow of the game going i think, i'm sure one of Haynes passes out to Burt was forward but wasn't pulled up and Hannants hit on hayne after he kicked was fine well it wasn't even after he kicked it was while he kicked it bad call should have been play on. Refs had a average game 6/10

Jason Maher

Immortal
For f**k's sake, why are we bitching about the refs when for once Jarryd Hayne produced a performance worthy of the hype?

Binga

Juniors
Incorrect. Hayne placed the ball before regaining his feet. Automatic penalty to the Bulldogs then and there. If you still want to argue, I suggest you read the laws of the game first.

Ok, even though I know the rules, I'll actually show you what they say.

Section 11. The tackle and the play the ball.

10) - The play the ball shall operate as follows -:
(a) The tackled player shall be immediately released, and shall not be touched until the ball is in play.
(b) The tackled player shall without delay regain his feet where he was tackled, lift the ball clear of the ground, face his opponents goal line and drop or place the ball on the ground in front of his foremost foot.

See how the onus is on the defending player to release the man first. This is why you will always see those 50/50 calls in the play the ball always going with the attacking team. As you had argued that Hayne placed the ball on the ground first is totally irrelevant (even though this never happened).
Kimmorley still had hold of the tackled player, which is why the eels got the penalty. If Kimmorley had let go of the player, and Hayne did place the ball on the ground first then you would be right and it would be the bulldog’s ball. But when these two happen simultaneously, the refs will always penalise for rule 10a first.
http://www.australianrugbyleague.com.au/files/ARL%20International%20Laws%20of%20the%20Game%202010.pdf

On the other two dodgy calls, by the rules they were both 100% correct, but common sense would tell you that they were both a bit harsh.

Firstly for the Hayne/Hannett incident, the rule that only became enforced last year states that " penalty can be applied by the referee against a defender where the attacking kicker has been tackled whilst they are in the air. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_rugby_league
While we all no that Hayne took a dive and overplayed this incident, it still doesn't overlook the fact that Hannett did hit Hayne while he was in the air.

As for the Moi Moi strip, commonsense would tell you that moi moi should have had better ball security in that situation, however there was clearly hands on the ball from the bulldogs defender which is illegal, as well as there was two men in the tackle

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This game isn't difficult to predict at all,Eels own this Doggies team and will win in a canter,they have won the past 3 encounters comfortably.

26-10

22-12
27-8

There is a reason the Eel are favoured by 6.5 this week and its because the Hayne train is going to dismantle the Doggies.

LOL @ this Doggies team upsetting the Hayne train on friday night

Bow down before me

Latest posts