What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R21 | Mon | Knights 32-14 Sea Eagles | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
14k... :lol: my ass

Seemed pretty accurate to me at the game, maybe over-estimating by 1 or 2 thousand. I hope you're not basing that on the second half when there was about 6,000 actually in view.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm assuming there were heaps in the top level of the AJ stand because the concourses and hills weren't exactly packed.

This is backed up by Dutchy who was also there.

perverse

Referee
I'm assuming there were heaps in the top level of the AJ stand because the concourses and hills weren't exactly packed.

This is backed up by Dutchy who was also there.
The top level was indeed packed, but having said that, myself and a few of the other faithful in the crusade guesstimated about 11k before kickoff, and I'm rarely out by a matter of thousands on home turf. seemed like dodge numbers to me too.

Apey

Staff member
Southern hill looked like it had quite a bit more than last home game (at kick off, not when the crowd figure came up in the second half)... can't remember what the last crowd was like for that game though.

perverse

Referee
forgot to add that the knights played really well tonight... and it's one of those times when you think back through the season at all the close ones you've lost and think geez, if only this or that hadn't happened. will still be too little too late.

our forwards still didn't make enough metres, though... considering our completion rate, particularly in the first half - the forwards had ample opportunity to hit it up. Mullen was absolutely fantastic with the boot tonight, his long kicking game in particular. he has been coming good for about 4 or 5 weeks now, but that was his finest performance this year. capped it off nicely with an 80 metre try. if only our club would give this man the forward pack in front of him that he deserves.

how about old man mad dog? bloke just won't quit. still carving up opposition centres at 35. will do it till he's 50 if we keep paying him i'm sure.

lastly - Akuila f**king Uate! praise the flying spaghetti monster we have him locked up for another 3 or 4 years. surely we can put a decent team on the park at some stage during that time... this guy could score 40 thousand tries if we can.

Serc

First Grade
Burraston pours cold water on talk of inflated crowd figure
BY BRETT KEEBLE
04 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM

KNIGHTS chief executive Steve Burraston has defended the club against suggestions they announced an inflated crowd figure for the 32-14 victory over Manly at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Monday night.Some patrons who have attended home games since the club's 1988 foundation season were in contact with the Newcastle Herald yesterday to question the authenticity of the official attendance of 14,267.
"It definitely was a 14,000 crowd. I've got the money in the pocket, and that's the main thing," Burraston said yesterday.
"If people are questioning whether it was 14,000 or not, that's exactly what it was . . . It was definitely 14,000, and ticket sales tracked that way all week.
According to Knights sources, the Turton Rd carpark was full for the first time all season and hundreds of cars were turned away in the hour before the 7pm kick-off.
Burraston was pleased with the walk-up crowd on the night, given the chilly conditions and eventual rain, and said there were more than the usual number of patrons in the top deck of the Andrew Johns Stand.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...on-talk-of-inflated-crowd-figure/1903063.aspx

Latest posts