What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R21 | Sat | Eels 12-48 Roosters | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glenn

First Grade
How many will fall off the bandwagon after this one I wonder?
Hopefully more room for us diehards, that saw the later 80's, early 90's etc.
At least those teams put in a honest effort, unlike the team out there tonight.
Ahhh the joys of supporting Parramatta, you never know which one will turn up. :crazy:

Ulysseus

Bench
plane-crash.jpg

Hayne Plane

JT_

Juniors
Roosters!

How funny was Smithy at the end, he was looking around for any Parra fans

Last edited:
Not to the mention the curse of the 50 point rule and needing to go from last to 1st which has never been done. Don't believe the hype. Roosters were great tonight and are playing really well, but I doubt they can keep this going and win the comp this year. Certainly have what it takes to win a comp in the coming years though, not just so soon. Oh yeah and the other rule- Brian Smith doesn't win things. LOL! Still brilliant game by the Roosters tonight. Don't like them at all, but you've got to hand it them for tonight.

mongoose

Coach
Not to the mention the curse of the 50 point rule and needing to go from last to 1st which has never been done. Don't believe the hype. Roosters were great tonight and are playing really well, but I doubt they can keep this going and win the comp this year. Certainly have what it takes to win a comp in the coming years though, not just so soon. Oh yeah and the other rule- Brian Smith doesn't win things. LOL! Still brilliant game by the Roosters tonight. Don't like them at all, but you've got to hand it them for tonight.

I contend that Smith has never had the cattle to win a premiership. He may just have them at the roosters though...

Ulysseus

Bench
I contend that Smith has never had the cattle to win a premiership. He may just have them at the roosters though...

Nah mate, he had the cattle in 1993 at Saints and he most definitely had the cattle in 2001.
In 2001 the players lost it, in 1993 I think the loss had more to do with Brian communicating his every panic to the team, plus Jason Stevens busting his thumb in the opening minutes and Saints not having anoyone resembling an equal prop on the bench did not help.

mongoose

Coach
Nah mate, he had the cattle in 1993 at Saints and he most definitely had the cattle in 2001.
In 2001 the players lost it, in 1993 I think the loss had more to do with Brian communicating his every panic to the team, plus Jason Stevens busting his thumb in the opening minutes and Saints not having anoyone resembling an equal prop on the bench did not help.

Well compared to brisbane the 93 dragons were up against it. I disagree with 2001 as well, halves were Taylor/beutner and brad drew at hooker...Johns made them look like pretenders on GF day.

Doomednow

Bench
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, just had the live scoreboard to go off. Grats to roosters fans, a solid drubbing of an over hyped team who had a whole bunch of supporters needing a reality check. I know Easts cop a lot of sh*t on here but I actually don't have too much of an issue with the club. I like the players, even if they did all get developed elsewhere.

Keep playing like that and I'll be hoping we don't have to face off in the finals (that is of course assuming we get there).

Eelectrica

Referee
Finally the Dragons have a contender...
On current form the Roosters can win this years comp, If they do, I'll actually feel happy for Smithy. He did his best at Parra, almost got us there.
Maybe he's learned his lessons from past failures. Rooster fans may well find out in a couple of months.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Wests Magpies ran last in 1933 and were premiers in 1934.