What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R22 | Mon | Raiders 30-26 Panthers | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thommo4pm

Coach
As poor as the refs are I don't think anyone can ever accuse Ben Cummings of favouring the Raiders.

I'll take your word on that mate. Just not sure having the ref's from the respective areas control the match between the 2 teams is the best way to go.
Can tell you for certain that P Haines followed Penrith as a kid growing up.

thommo4pm

Coach
and as poor as the refs have been, Penriths defence for the 2nd team on the ladder has been equally as poor.

Meth

Staff member
The Raiders defense in the second half has been amazing

The refs were terrible, but ultimately equally so

Well done to the Raiders

Timbo

Staff member
That was a f**king cracking half of football.

Where did these guys come from!

Bazal

Post Whore
Feel terrible for Penrith...heads must roll after that display from the referees, they single handedly got Canberra over the line. Horrific to watch

Raider_69

Post Whore
Disgraceful refereeing display, they wore black in the first half ad are wearing green in the second, they have completely ruined this game.

yep, they were embarrassing
turned the game into a complete shambles

i think the marginally better team on the night won game in the end. But they were terrible

chrisD

Coach
Painful to watch a dog diving performance get gift wrapped a win, atleast they won't be around to tarnish the finals.

Meth

Staff member
I know everyone is excited about TLL, but I thought Tilse was just as good tonight

Matt23

Staff member
Nice result Raiders, maybe next week you can win without the dodgy penalties, if i was a Panthers supporter or had money riding on that, i'd be fuming with that pathetic refereeing display.

shear_joy9

Coach
I know everyone is excited about TLL, but I thought Tilse was just as good tonight

tilse is really the silent contributor. Does his job every week, mkes 100m.

TLL is just a monster though. He absolutely kills the defensive line taking 4 players to bring him down.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Well the Raiders can't complain about the refs in this game. Petero's so called high tackle, led to Raiders points as did a so called tackle in the air by Mick Gordon was an important turning point. Penrith dropped off in intensity, lost their way again under pressure, but that pressure was able to be built up because of the inept officials.

Still very disappointing loss however and all too similar to the Parra game. Without our 1st choice half we lacked organisation and structure under pressure. I think we can beat the Tigers next week but its pretty worrying a team coming 2nd can't win these kinds of games, when they have a good lead. 4 losses from the last 5 and that has to be where the losses finish, otherwise we risk an early exit from the finals, or worst case scenario- not even making them. Purtell and Earl had a mare as I feared, we really need Coote and Walsh back or we could be in for more losses.

Raider_69

Post Whore
FTR - if anyone was doubtful :)lol: not that they would be) on why the club elected to punt Purtell in favour of Jared Croker, he justified that decision tonight, he absolute bathed him

timka4

Bench
Yeah some very harsh penalties against Penrith. However they should have held onto their lead. Shame now that Raiders are contending with us to make the finals ;)