What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R22 | Sat | Rabbitohs 34-30* Tigers | ANZ (GP)

Result: Rabbitohs v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-sou-main-ovar.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Roy Asotasi (c) 9. Issac Luke 10. Jaiman Lowe 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Dave Tyrell 13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Craig Stapleton 16. Shannan McPherson 17. Jason Clark

2010teams-wst-alt.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chirs Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Geoff Daniela 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Bryce Gibbs

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: Daniel Eastwood and David Munro
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 22
Rabbitohs v Tigers @ ANZ, Sat 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 22
Wentworthville (PAR) v North Sydney (SOU) @ Ringrose Pk, Sun 3:00pm
Central Coast (NWC) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ Kanwal, Sat 3:00pm
Western Suburbs (WST) v Newtown (SYD) @ Campbelltown, Sat 3:00pm

nrl2010-r22souwst.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie.

Bench
Souths would walk it with Burgess, Taylor and their fringe forwards all available. I think they have played better footy this season for longer periods then the Tigers. They have the team to trouble them as well with their size up front. As seen with the 40 point demolition at the SCG earlier this year. Tigers should be primed for revenge but have been pretty flat all season, relying on the bounce of the ball to get them home.

I think the luck runs out this week if they play at the same level. Souths were woeful last week though so who knows. Souths by 6.

Bumble

First Grade
An absolute must win for us. Hopefully Burgess gets off but I don't see it.

Luke will have another week of rehab under his belt, Sandow has been decent. Sutton is the key to this one.

CMUX

Souths to win, i am still not convinced about the tigers, have had a user friendly draw lately and have not played well in most of their wins.

Souths will be too desperate i think. Not necessarily a bad thing for the tigers, might wake them up for the rest of the year.

Jason Maher

Immortal
On form, ladder positions notwithstanding, this is a cripple fight. Hopefully the Bunnies cna get up. Unlike most Saints fans I don't hate them, and I'd actually like to see them make the 8 (in place of the donkeys preferably).

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
It looks like Burgess will miss this one, cant see him getting off at the judiciary. That tips me in favour of the Tigers, not with much confidence though. If Taylor & Burgess were playing I would be putting the house on souths. Hopefully McKinnon is back & he can clean up the loose balls, our wingers sure as hell cant catch them.

dragondad

First Grade
On form, ladder positions notwithstanding, this is a cripple fight. Hopefully the Bunnies cna get up. Unlike most Saints fans I don't hate them, and I'd actually like to see them make the 8 (in place of the donkeys preferably).

I quite like Souths too, live in the area and have various extended family members who support them. However this year I have just gone off them due to the way they talk themselves up in the media pre and during season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If we can't win this with all the absentees Souffs have then we may as well throw in the towel.

If the players aren't fired up for this one given what occurred in the last Souffs game...tben something is seriously wrong with them.

Tigers v Souths & Penrith v St George would have been the ultimate double header of cripple fights (based purely on current form).

Timmah

Staff member
Dragons are cripples based on current form? :lol:

That's quite funny.

Dragons are cripples based on current form? :lol:

That's quite funny.

Notwithstanding that the Tigers have won 8 of their last 10 the original poster deemed the Tigers to be 'crippled'. It's apparent that the Tigers, like the Dragons, have been winning ugly and accordingly, if one warrants the title, so does the other.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am not conident of the Tigers winning.

It's Tuesday, otherwise known as Sheensanigans Day. Anything can and will happen. Expect the return of Fitzhenry and maybe no props on the bench this week

yobbo84

First Grade
Our unavailable pack:

8. Luke Stuart
9. Beau Falloon
10. Scott Geddes
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

Ouch.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wah wahwah

we've got our first choice halfback out who has played 9 games for 9 wins and the worlds best winger out.

Tigers hve used the second most players this year due to injuries. you have your full strength back line, hooker and captain playing. Really you have 3 of your starting 13 out and one of them is through no ones fault but his own.

It's a long season if souffs were stupid enough to spend big money on a few crap players and leaving none for depth then go cry to the admin.

You just better hope our play maker and captain punch on in the change rooms pre game again so you might have a chance.

Tigers by 30.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
Wah wahwah

we've got our first choice halfback out who has played 9 games for 9 wins and the worlds best winger out.

Tigers hve used the second most players this year due to injuries. you have your full strength back line, hooker and captain playing. Really you have 3 of your starting 13 out and one of them is through no ones fault but his own.

It's a long season if souffs were stupid enough to spend big money on a few crap players and leaving none for depth then go cry to the admin.

You just better hope our play maker and captain punch on in the change rooms pre game again so you might have a chance.

Tigers by 30.
Ahhh....I remember smackeys first round prediction...bwahahahahahhahah...Souths by whatever we want...you're a funny man smackey....bwhahahahah

Timmah

Staff member
NRL
Saturday 7 August 2010, 7:30pm AEST - ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Referees: Jared Maxwell and Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials: Daniel Eastwood and David Munro; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Roy Asotasi (c) 9. Issac Luke 10. Jaiman Lowe 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Dave Tyrell 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Craig Stapleton 16. Shannan McPherson 17. Jason Clark
Tigers: 1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chirs Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Geoff Daniela 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Bryce Gibbs

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19698

Toyota Cup
Saturday 7 August 2010, 5:15pm AEST - ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Referee: Adam Gee; Sideline Officials: Adam Cassidy and David Ryan

Rabbitohs: 1. James Roberts 2. Kennedy Pettyborne 3. Josh Mansour 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Kane Morgan 6. Matthew Mundine 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Josh Starling 9. Nathan Peats 10. Francis Laulu 11. Hayden O'Donnell 12. Joesph So'oalo 13. Blake Judd
Interchange: 14. Jake Shearer 15. Adrian Haangana 16. Jack Tulemau 17. Brendan McKinnon
Tigers: TBA

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19707

NSW Cup
Wentworthville Magpies (Eels feeder) v North Sydney Bears (Rabbitohs feeder)
Sunday 8 August 2010, 3:00pm AEST - Ringrose Park, Wentworthville
Referee: Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials: Lawrence McDonnell and Rob Bowen

Magpies: 1. Tom Humble 2. Ken Sio 3. Etu Uaisele 4. Jonathon Wright 5. Mark Hendy 6. Brendan Waters 7. Trent Rose 8. Mitchell Allgood 9. Anthony Mitchell 10. Blake Blackburn 11. Taniela Lasalo 12. Danny Howard 13. Tim Robinson (c)
Interchange: 14. Nathan Armit 15. Pele Peletelese 16. Manase Manuokafoa 17. Peter Prime
Bears: 1. Andre Itula 2. Mark Talanoa 3. Shaune Corrigan 4. Jamie Simpson 5. Curtis Johnston 6. Eddie Paea 7. Jarryd Hogan 8. John Kaifoto 9. Matt Hunt 10. Daniel Sayegh 11. Brock Molan 12. Deon Apps 13. Dean Webster
Interchange: 14. Martin Field 15. James Nightingale 16. Zeb Tawha 17. Mitch Stevens 18. Elliot Cosgrove

Central Coast Centurions (Knights feeder) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers (Tigers feeder)
Saturday 7 August 2010, 3:00pm AEST - Morrie Breen Oval, Kanwal, Central Coast NSW
Referee: Matt Hawkins; Sideline Officials: Nic Beashel and Jason Higgins

Centurions: 1. Aaron Fairweather 2. Harmony Hunt 3. Byron Fruean 4. Simon Williams 5. Jarrod Tua 6. Api Pewhairangi 7. Scott Dureau 8. Lucas Miller 9. George Ndaira 10. Sione Tovo 11. Corey Vlaciky 12. Marvin Filipo 13. Ben Wyborn
Interchange: 14. Chris Adams 15. Shaun Boss 16. Alex McMillan 17. Teason Fa'avae-Eli 18. Warren Schillings 19. Brendon Simpson
Tigers: 1. Gavin Cowan 2. Wes Middleton 3. Mitch Brown 4. Brett Lane 5. Sam Latu 6. Darren Nicholls 7. Blake Lazarus 8. Willie Mataka 9. Jared Farlow (c) 10. David Gower 11. Mark Flanagan 12. Matthew Ryan 13. Rhys Curran
Interchange: 14. David Fifita 15. Tame Tupou 16. Al Schirnack 17. Jason Schirnack 18. Ryan Carr 24. John Clayton 25. Ryan Dalziel

Western Suburbs Magpies (Tigers feeder) v Newtown Jets (Roosters feeder)

Saturday 7 August 2010, 3:00pm AEST - Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah
Referee: Henry Perenara; Sideline Officials: Matt Damaso and Jimmy Oliveira

Magpies: 1. Rhys Pritchard 2. Kieran Turner 3. Andrew Everingham 4. Nu Akeripa 5. Gus Aiga 6. Ben Falcone 7. Nathan Waters 8. Alex Ranieri 9. Kurt Kara 10. Duan Poaneki 11. Andrew Pearn 12. Josh Davis 13. Jamie Sharkie
Interchange: 14. Troy O'Sullivan 15. David Harris 17. Dean Rysko 19. Michael Stolk
Jets: 1. Luke Towers 2. Sonny Tuimagala 3. Tu'u Maori 4. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 5. Troy Savage 6. Johnathon Ford 7. James Aubusson 8. Lopini Paea 9. Keith Peters 10. Martin Kennedy 11. Brad Barrett 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Jason Baitieri (c)
Interchange: 14. Ray Moujalli 15. Jason Wells 16. Tinirau Arona 17. James Koloamatangi 19. Richard Kambo 20. Brad Takairangi 21. Ryan Verlinden

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19704

NGR

Juniors
Wah wahwah

Tigers by 30.

Theres no point talking sense to idiots lol

Remember your predication last game dick? tigers feeder side would put 30 on us? :lol:

Now we have $2mil worth of forwards sitting on the sidelines, you guys might have a chance :sarcasm:

This game is a tale of two 5/8's imo. Benji turns up, Tigers will win. Sutton turns up, Souths will win. Both are due for a big game. Sutton couldn't possibly play any worse than he did last week.... Surely.

Latest posts