What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R25 | Sun | Roosters 30-14 Sea Eagles | SFS

Result: Roosters v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
If the judiciary are fair dinkum Stewart will get at least 8 weeks. was the worst tackle I have seen in a long time. How he stayed on the field is beyond me

8 weeks is a bit too much. I hate the excuse, but this would be his first offence, it is completely out of his nature. I expect somewhere between 4-6 weeks. It depends on how lenient the MRC are. It is one that could easily be referred straight to the judiciary without grading.

dice

Juniors
8 weeks is a bit too much. I hate the excuse, but this would be his first offence, it is completely out of his nature. I expect somewhere between 4-6 weeks. It depends on how lenient the MRC are. It is one that could easily be referred straight to the judiciary without grading.

The Stewart's are lovers not fighters ....

*runs*

JT_

Juniors
SKD has been brilliant, of course credit to Carney but SKD has been an excellent finisher of tries when it looks as though he doesn't have a chance. The older he gets the better. and if he keeps going at this rate until he's 28-30 he'll become the Roosters all time try scorer imo.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Well I certainly don't agree on Stewart. He will be unlucky to get 2 weeks. He was looking away and off balance and flat footed with Anasta pushing at his face. That was instinct. It looked ugly, but intent is clearly not there as he was looking away and defending his face.

Typical crew too throwing the noose on him.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Well I certainly don't agree on Stewart. He will be unlucky to get 2 weeks. He was looking away and off balance and flat footed with Anasta pushing at his face. That was instinct. It looked ugly, but intent is clearly not there as he was looking away and defending his face.

Typical crew too throwing the noose on him.

even as a roosters fan i happen to agree to an extent. He raised his elbow which was bad, but i watched the replay and its clear he raised it accidentally to brace himself for the collision. Will get at least 3 weeks though i think

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
This talk of it being an automatic send off is absolute garbage. The grading cannot put it in the same category as Tahu which was reckless. I can't see it being any more than careless.

adamkungl

Immortal
SKD has been brilliant, of course credit to Carney but SKD has been an excellent finisher of tries when it looks as though he doesn't have a chance. The older he gets the better. and if he keeps going at this rate until he's 28-30 he'll become the Roosters all time try scorer imo.

The Roosters all time try scoring record is 104, correct?
Mini will break this soon i assume, then retire with somewhere less than 120 tries.

SKD has 50 something tries from just 80 games. He will smash the record within a few years imo

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Kite had a broken nose went off to get treatment and came back on, SOFT?
Anasta laid down like he was dead, got the penalty and then got back up full of beans, soft ? diver? we will never know:crazy:

You may be changing your opinion now as word has it that Stewart fractured his elbow in the tackle.

GB!

Juniors
stewart just needs that lawyer who got hayne off the most blatant headbutt i've seen to represent him!

CMUX

Thank god the roosters woke up after the first 35 minutes and decided to play some football. Hopefully this will keep us in good stead for the rest for the rest of the season and we can give the finals a good crack.

Credit to SKD and Carney who were brilliant. JWH was also fantastic.

I would like to also give credit to Pearce for holding the ball when he made that break. In those types of situations we have tended to throw the ball and lose possession, hopefully the rest of the team follows his lead.

Not to take away from the roosters, they did what they had to do with the opportunties handed to them and deserved to win with the way the game paned out.
BUT had the penalty been given to Matai and manly score iit is 20 - 6 rather than that 14-14 crap.

Just on the bolded part, there was never going to be a penalty awarded. Assuming Matai was actually impeded (I don’t think he was) then it would have been a knock on against Manly as that was the first infringement.

Daddycool

Juniors
There isn't much else to say but well done Roosters.

I watched that game against the Titans on Monday which was very physical.... So turning around from then and coming back from 14-0 down to put on 30 points.... Just too good.

The comparison that I would make is how the Titans went. They really looked flat which ordinarily you would put down such a hard game on the Monday night. I guess you could say that the Roosters were flat in the first half.... but with SKD & Todd Carney providing the spark after half time, they just ran away with it.

As far as Manly goes, they didn't seem to play all that bad. However, just through the usual combination of injuries & a general lack of enthusiasm (story of the whole season), they lost again. They'll obviously need a big improvement to beat the Dogs, which should mean they'll probably qualify in 7th, so long as the other results go to plan.

Anything can happen in the finals... but at this point in time they'd be long odds to make it to week 2.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Thank god the roosters woke up after the first 35 minutes and decided to play some football. Hopefully this will keep us in good stead for the rest for the rest of the season and we can give the finals a good crack.

I would like to also give credit to Pearce for holding the ball when he made that break. In those types of situations we have tended to throw the ball and lose possession, hopefully the rest of the team follows his lead.

Just on the bolded part, there was never going to be a penalty awarded. Assuming Matai was actually impeded (I don’t think he was) then it would have been a knock on against Manly as that was the first infringement.

He was tackled without the ball. It should have been a penalty.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

Fair point on the knock on, but would it not have finished as interferance?
Either way roosters too good in the end

Dutchy

Immortal

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t-it-wrong-again/story-e6frexnr-1225912087585

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Finch got that wrong again as he missed the knock-on by Manly. Should've been a scrum feed to Easts.
I missed the knock on in the replay, but even if there was, I am pretty certain a professional foul in the same play would over ride a knock on.
Matai was hammered without the ball, then kenny dowell ran right through the spot were it happened.
Had to be a penalty
Eagles still shouldn't have fallen in a heap, roosters ran away with t in the end.

Only just saw this game and can't believe how poor the Roosters were, nver in the game but managed to get away with it. Yes that ridiculous 8 point try that was't even a try, was a big turnaround, it affect the players. That's the reason Sewart got frustrated and smashed Anasta. Sure they should show more composure in times of adversity, but that decision was gutwrenching.

Roosters out in straight sets in the finals.

I missed the knock on in the replay, but even if there was, I am pretty certain a professional foul in the same play would over ride a knock on.
Matai was hammered without the ball, then kenny dowell ran right through the spot were it happened.
Had to be a penalty
Eagles still shouldn't have fallen in a heap, roosters ran away with t in the end.

I think 'hammered' is a little excessive but we never should've been given a try

Dutchy

Immortal
Oh and the knock on, from memory happened when Matai was falling to the ground being hit early.

Latest posts