What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R4 | Fri | Roosters 25-6 Broncos | SFS

Result: Roosters v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
I don't know, hard to be critical of Lockyer. I would like to see any other half do a better job with that team.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thank goodness for carney??
A ''me'' player who occasionally will get you outta the poo.
Nate Myles, Graham & SKD all were better thean Carney

A me player who saved two tries and scored two more as well

A me player who set up others and created line breaks

Nah, wouldnt want one of them in the team.

SKD, Graham and Myles were all good in spells. Carney was a bit better.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't know, hard to be critical of Lockyer. I would like to see any other half do a better job with that team.

I dont think we can criticise Lockyer, but he did have the look of a man more used to having better players around him.

He busted his arse and it wasnt enough because there was noone there to help him out.

I dont think Origin will do him any favours physically in what will be a very tough year for him, so I get the feeling he will pass up playing.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Not much to get excited about in that game aside from the Roosters scoring two points. Best to focus on the individuals who are standing up.

Roosters

Myles - He's stepped it up a gear this season, in both attack and defence. Always seemed to save his best for Origin and was pretty hit and miss at club level. So far this season his performances have been consistent and strong.

SKD - Would be very close to having his name pencilled in for a kiwi centre birth come the Anzac test. Has stepped up brilliantly since being moved further in. Very hard to put down one on one.

Kennedy - Give the kid a wrap. One of the most embarassing things that could happen to a player against the Dogs, but some of his work coming out of trouble was inspirational.

Broncos

Thaiday - Was pretty much the go to man and he kept going forward all night. Shame he didn't have too much support.

Gillett - Where did this kid come from? Talk about all the skills. Thought he was one of the few players to stand up last week when others were giving up around him and this week followed it up despite being under an injury cloud going into the game.

McCulloch - Diamond in the rough. Has a habit of holding onto the ball a little too long sometimes but he's a very strong defensive hooker with good distribution. At Toyota Cup level he was a genuine playmaker and once he gets a bit more confidence he'll be able to replicate that at NRL level too.

miccle

Bench
Firstly congrats to the Roosters on the win. Might not have been the prettiest, but to turn around the horrid performance from last week was all you wanted/needed to do.

Sounds strange after being thumped by 19 points, but I"m taking positives out of these games from a Brisbane perspective. Thaiday and Gillett in particular were sensational last night, and a teenage backline will always leak tries and make mistakes - it's all about learning from them and rebuilding.

It will likely be a long year for us but that's fine with me, as long as the coach keeps giving the kids a chance :D

Firstly congrats to the Roosters on the win. Might not have been the prettiest, but to turn around the horrid performance from last week was all you wanted/needed to do.

Sounds strange after being thumped by 19 points, but I"m taking positives out of these games from a Brisbane perspective. Thaiday and Gillett in particular were sensational last night, and a teenage backline will always leak tries and make mistakes - it's all about learning from them and rebuilding.

It will likely be a long year for us but that's fine with me, as long as the coach keeps giving the kids a chance :D

Good post...the Broncs will not win the comp this year but the kids needs game time as well.

Lambretta

First Grade
Broncos

Gillett - Where did this kid come from? Talk about all the skills. Thought he was one of the few players to stand up last week when others were giving up around him and this week followed it up despite being under an injury cloud going into the game.

Agreed. When the Broncos stuck him out in the left centres for a while it was a big relief for the Roosters.

Its always nice to see the oppositions best players put somewhere out of the way where they can be less effective.

adamkungl

Immortal
Rubbish game. Broncos were rubbish, and Roosters were mostly rubbish, but good in patches.

Broncos bombed every opportunity they had, but at the same time I thought Roosters goal line defence was decent without being fantastic.

Myles, Carney, Graham, SKD were the best on field.
good bounceback by Marty Kennedy, actually looked like a first grader.
Quiet games by the halves.