'10 | R5 | Sat | Cowboys 16-23 Tigers | DFS

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers' started by Timmah, Apr 5, 2010.

?

Result: Cowboys v Tigers

Poll closed Apr 10, 2010.
  1. North Queensland Cowboys

43.5%
  2. Wests Tigers

52.2%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

4.3%
  1. Joe's Magpies

Joe's Magpies Juniors

He is injured at the moment. He is due back in round 8.

2. Mr_Raditch

Mr_Raditch Juniors

Another 2 weeks apparently. Fingers crossed Lazarus gets a run & Taumata comes onto the bench next week.

3. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

Holy f**k at that tooth flying out! :lol:

4. gronkathon

gronkathon First Grade

To win in those conditions, on the end of that penalty count, with making that many extra tackles is a massive effort.

Gibbs playing 80 minutes at prop in Townsville is just amazing.

The turnaround to Friday night against a Dogs side out to impose themselves physically once more will be an issue for us though

5. BDR

BDR First Grade

I was at the game, there was some world-class dodgy refereeing on display against both teams. Absolutely shocking.

Thurston getting hurt looks bad for the boys, but they did OK for themselves really. Rest of the season will be an uphill battle. Gotta get those hands right, dropped the ball in some prime territory some times, not good enough.

6. hybrid_tiger

hybrid_tiger Coach

To win back to back games away in Canberra and NQ is a massive effort, especially with a few injuries.

Gibbs played 80 minutes tonight, that is a sensational effort in the circumstances. Fulton and Heighington also had massive games.

Moltzen is a huge loss, but I hope we get to see Lazarus at half next week. And we still have Lui to come back to bit of depth at halfback for once.

If Sheens picks Fitzhenry in the halves next week I'll f**king cry.

7. TV Ted Ellery

TV Ted Ellery Bench

Lazarus was very lethargic for BRET today. I think he's still several weeks off the pace for first grade.

8. hybrid_tiger

hybrid_tiger Coach

I couldn't care less about his form for BRET, because it's either Lazarus or Fitzhenry (Taumata is still injured, so is Lui).

If Fitzhenry is named at halfback, it will show Sheens has learnt absolutely NOTHING from previous years selection f**k ups.

9. TV Ted Ellery

TV Ted Ellery Bench

In the post-game interview didn't Sheens mention he would manufacture a solution to our halfback problem? I can only assume he'll play Fitzhenry or Ayshford at 5/8 and shift Marshall to half. Either way we're f**ked.

10. hybrid_tiger

hybrid_tiger Coach

He did say "we'll have to manufacture something there" but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Not Sheens' style to tell the media that a young player will be making his debut, especially straight after a tough game like that.

If Lazarus does play, I expect him to be media banned for the week.

11. gronkathon

gronkathon First Grade

I wouldn't object to Ayshford at 5/8 if Lazarus is unavailable

12. hybrid_tiger

hybrid_tiger Coach

I would.

I want a halfback at halfback, and a five-eighth at five-eighth. Surely that is not too much to ask?

13. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I picked the Cows for a couple of reasons but one of them was because the Tigers are notoriously inconsistent....
    Looks like the Tigs have got it sorted, perhaps another premiership jag is on the cards..

Didn't see the game but does anyone know how Gallant did against his old team?

14. Mr_Raditch

Mr_Raditch Juniors

He was solid. Safe under the highball, good returns. Saying that, I was massively against us letting Gallant go, but if Ryan stays at fullback I will be happy with the decision not to hold onto Gallant. Beau is holding his own at fullback & his kick returns are definately helping us out on the first couple of tackles in our sets.