What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R5 | Sun | Panthers 28-6 Roosters | CUA

Result: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done Penrith.

I don't know what to say, yet this was as scrappy as the Broncos game, today we were up against much, much better opposition.

Disappointing to say the least...

Munky

Coach
Amazing how the ball bounces in a game of rugby league.

Last week the bounce of the ball saw us fluke a win.

This week it stopped us piling on the points.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Roosters have a terrific 1,6,7 but sadly for them anyway they simply do not have the forwards to lay the foundation. The Panthers pack were fair too big, strong and mobile for the Roosters pack. The Roosters forwards will be there achilles heel this season but I'm sure Brian Smith will be well aware of that and rectify the situation in the next year or two.

murraymob

Coach
good win for penrith.Having waterhouse back was a big difference today.Next week we get graham,burns,laurie available for selection.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm afraid that was a typical Todd Carney game. Flashes of brilliance interpersed with errors or dumb plays. Very familiar to a Canberra fan.

Hard to expect Pearce or Carney to shine when the Roosters forwards were totally outplayed and had no real go forward. I think Pearce is a terrific player, even behind a beaten pack I thought he always looked menacing.

innsaneink

Referee
I tipped penrith but with no confidence, very surprised at the ease of the win...whats happened to the chooks??

mxlegend99

Referee
Just got home from the game... was drinking at a mates afterward. Really happy with how we played. We weren't at our best, but we played a solid 80 minute game for the first time this year. The Roosters are capable of scoring plenty of points and we managed to defend well enough to keep them to 6. Our first half defence this year has been phenomenal in all games except for the Knights. We've kept the opposition tryless 3 times (Raiders, Cowboys and Roosters) and let in only one try to the Storm.

I just want to give Coote a wrap after that game though. He's looking to really hit some form this season. He did some amazing things on the field and looks like he could be in for a great year. Outside of Dugan he's probably the best talent to come through at fullback in a while. So pumped that both are NSWelshman.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I tipped penrith but with no confidence, very surprised at the ease of the win...whats happened to the chooks??

They don't have the forwards to really make a huge impact this season, but are still in the mix for the 8. They shouldn't expect miracles after winning a spoon.

Kilkenny

Coach
I wish we could swap a couple of our backrowers for Pearce and Anasta.

I rate young Mitchell Pearce bigtime. Probed all game without a great deal of support. I like Luke Walsh, but I think if Pearce was a Panther we would be specials for the eight as opposed to contenders.